What's new

NFL Football

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
Big Steelers fan here. AFC North is there fore the taking but just like a division like the NFC South anyone can win it but there isn't a clear dominant team. Anyways on to my Steelers hopefully the O-Line can pick up where they left off last year and stay healthy, which is the most important thing with them. Obviously Big Ben is gonna do good at QB and I think the WR corps will be fine even with the loss of Sanders. The RB position is improved with the progression of Bell as the starter and the deadly combo of him and Blount. Defense will decide if we make the postseason or not. The LB corps is now very fast and athletic and has the potential to wreck some serious havoc on opposing QBs. Jones needs to show improvement and start to rack up the sack numbers and at least pressure the QB more than last year. The D-Line also needs to step up as they have been revamped. They need to be able to stop the run to be considered a success this year, as stopping the run was a big issue for us last year (exhibit A: our game vs the Vikings comes to mind). The secondary needs to be huge and is the key to our defensive success this year. We went out and got Mike Mitchell from Carolina and I think it's a very big upgrade from Ryan Clark. But other than that virtually nothing was done to change the secondary other than a 5th round pick (which I personally was very mad at. As a MS Spartans fan I was hoping for Darqueze Dennard in the 1st round but Shazier wasn't a bad pick). A good Steelers defense and a good Steelers team overall forces turnovers, and that's been one of the biggest reasons for two 8-8 seasons. Overall I'm expecting improvement from two 8-8 years and think we'll go 9-7 or 10-6 but it'll be because of our offense being better. Our defense is still a year away (because of our youngsters needing experience and our need of younger and better corners). A playoff spot is definitely possible but it depends on the progression or regression of many other 2nd tier AFC teams. With that said, I feel confident that my Steelers can take the division or take a 5th or 6th seed to get into the playoffs.

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
oh one more thing guys... i'm not so sure about johnny. He's got that fucking god-given football thingy, but he's undersized, he's not a particularly fundamentally sound and wonderful decision maker, and he's not even an elite athlete for the possession when you consider other mobile types. So many experts hate him... People say russell wilson but i am not so sure he will be so in control and sound like russell. I really am leaning towards bust.
Give him time. If he doesn't do well this year don't immediately call for his head. He has raw talent but he needs time to develop into a true NFL QB. If people give him time, I believe he'll be a good QB

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
I'm looking forward to Ron Mexico being the quarterback of the Jets. The woman that sued Mr. Mexico for allegedly contracting an std from him didn't stop him, and neither will Geno Smith. The Jets have everything from a feet fetish coach to a dog killing mexican. I can't wait.

Give him time. If he doesn't do well this year don't immediately call for his head. He has raw talent but he needs time to develop into a true NFL QB. If people give him time, I believe he'll be a good QB
when i think of raw talent, i think of kaepernick a guy who runs a faster 40 than andrew luck. I like the browns i really do, but josh gordon breaks my heart. I love hoyer. If it weren't for the gordon thing i would pick hoyer to lead them to a division win.

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
when i think of raw talent, i think of kaepernick a guy who runs a faster 40 than andrew luck. I like the browns i really do, but josh gordon breaks my heart. I love hoyer. If it weren't for the gordon thing i would pick hoyer to lead them to a division win.
When I think of raw talent, I think of someone that just has that "It" factor that makes them just good no matter what, they just need to hone their skills. And with Gordon they are about even with all the other teams in the AFC North, but are very unproven, which should make anybody hesitant to put them as the division favs. Without Gordon teams can now key in on Cameron in the passing game. The only other "reliable" target they have is miles Austin who's coming off of an injury. I also don't expect hoyer to be as good as he was last year even though he was limited to 3 games last year. As the year moves on, teams will get a better chance to study him because they'll actually have tape on his gameplay. I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens to Nick Foles this year as well.

i'll be completely honest with manziel i don't feel comfortable either way with him, i can't see him not being good nor can i seem him being good... The reason i like the browns is defense though, they really are solid all the way around and joe haden needs to twitter war revis sherman and peterson. And i completely agree with your hoyer foles prediction as being very valid.

btw tim tebow had the it factor :DOGE

NorCalSamurai

Bacon Lettuce Tomato
Born and raised 49er fan. Been with em through the good, the bad, the Tim Rattay. Got nothing but high hopes for this season, just need Kaep to mature his play and the coaching staff needs to solve the Seattle puzzle.

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
i'll be completely honest with manziel i don't feel comfortable either way with him, i can't see him not being good nor can i seem him being good... The reason i like the browns is defense though, they really are solid all the way around and joe haden needs to twitter war revis sherman and peterson. And i completely agree with your hoyer foles prediction as being very valid.

btw tim tebow had the it factor :DOGE
I agree about that their defense is VERY good but i dont think its enough without the impact that gordon has on that team

I'm just hoping the division my Giants are in will suck as much as they did last year so my team can fraud its way into the playoffs once again.

#BenchEli

Last edited:

SkaGoogle

Tailgates & Tan-lines !
from atlanta but have always been a saints fan. even when we do bad i'll always be a saints fan. WHO DAT NATION!

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Damn, lots of bears fans on tym. I like it. My darkhorse for the superbowl is the eagles. Im from oregon so i know quite a bit about chip. If you thought the offense was good last year just wait...chip is a god damn genius

NY Giants fan here.

If Brett Favre Jr...err I mean Eli, can avoid leading the league in interceptions, I think the Giants will be a playoff contender. Thank God they got rid of Kevin Killdrive too. I know that they're rebuilding on offense and they could suck, but I am remaining positive! :D

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
Damn, lots of bears fans on tym. I like it. My darkhorse for the superbowl is the eagles. Im from oregon so i know quite a bit about chip. If you thought the offense was good last year just wait...chip is a god damn genius
idk with djax gone. we'll see if they made the right decision by letting go of him

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
HARD CORE Raiders fan. I have suffered some of the most inexplicable draft choices in the history of the league. But I will forever have Al's back RIP. its been too long since 2002 and the debacle that was XXXVII. How do you not change the playbook one iota against your former coach?!?!?!?! Anyways, its probably going to be the same song and dance for the Raiders as it has in years past, not much to talk about, but I still watch every game in hope. Hope is what keeps it alive. I still like to harken back and watch the glory footage of the Raiders, those 70's teams were simply the rawest and most ruthless teams ever assembled. So fun to watch those old games, wish I were alive to see them live back then. The best nicknames in the NFL, The Tooz, The Mad Stork, Kenny the Snake, The Assassin, Ghost, Dr. Death, the list goes on.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Huge fan of the NFL and a fan of Lions, I don't think we're going anywhere this year but I'd kill for a playoff win.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
So, (NFL) football season is coming up... i am very excited and will be in a picks pool... and i decided to make a football thread so we can discuss this and i can be an opinionated jerk and argue with you guys and be a know it all. I love football, i watch shitloads of football and it is my favorite sport. I follow the league religiously. (i also love basketball)
SKIP the following if you don't give a fuck about the patriots and like totally don't feel like reading my rant:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a patriots fan. I think they look as complete as they have in a long time. But i have serious doubt also. Last year injuries prevented our defense from really being well-rounded, we lost too much influence on the run game with mayo and wilfork out, and we really especially in the playoffs could not penetrate and had no pass rush so our secondary was exposed ( i thought a large part of this was wilfork being out). Despite this a lot of other players played decently but we had too many holes.

This year we subbed out talib for revis. I think that is not much of an upgrade. they are both elite (lockdown) cornerbacks in my eyes (along with haden peterson and sherman and possibly verner). that being said, if revis is prime, it is somewhat of an upgrade because in my opinion he got robbed of a defensive mvp and was the best defensive player in the league not too long ago. We also added browner, and after his suspension that could really really solidify our secondary if he wasn't just a system player, when you consider that dennard could be deadly in the nickel becasue i think he is quite aggressive and a good fighter. The safety position lacks a real cornerstone player but mccourty can ball hawk a bit. Then you consider linebackers, collins appears to have promise (all we need is decent play from him plus he can cover) and if mayo is himself he is an elite leader and will consistenly eat what he is fed. Then you consider wilfork(huge questionmarks about health and performance), kelly (is he going to be healthy?, easley (great prospect if he is healthy) and our rushers in ninko and chandler jones.

We could if players are themselves to a degree, have a complete defense, anchored by an elite secondary, a stout interior line, with solid linebacking play and some decent pass rush. This all hinges on the health of our interior line, because if one part crumbles the rest falls apart.

Moving onto offense, we have a very good offense line (without weaknesses) especially if solder takes the next step, mankins is already top notch. We lack a lengthy speedster on offense, however we have the quick passing game players, we have brady, and we have gronk to open everything up (IF HE IS HEALTHY IF IF IF IF), on top of that we have 2 great running backs (IF ridley quits fumbling), one really adds to the o-line play what i mean is ridley creates yardage himself, he turns 1/2 yard runs into 7 yard runs because he is quite elusive and has good acceleration, and vereen is very high utility because he literally can be deployed everywhere. The tight end is really the only issue and if gronk is himself, then we have the best tight end football bar-none, he's as good a receiver as graham(who the nfl screwed) and he can block like a champ. Look at his fucking stats.

Long story short, the biggest issue with the patriots seems to be HEALTH, which cannot be underestimated. If health, isn't a large problem this year, then they are quite possibly the most complete team in the BIZ

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so who is your guys' teams??? how do you think they will be ???? Who are the top dawgs this year??? who are your division winners??? Who the fuck is coming out of the nfc west??? Fucking seattle and san fransisco are like MMH and aquaman right now literally make every one look like shit, but they have fucking potential top tiers in their division. Plus aaron rodgers is jesus christ the qb and denver has a cornerback now and omg the lions are the fantasy all-star team for 2014 and for the love of god the nfc east sucks.

TLDR

I love Pats they might be super saiyan, but every key player has huge question marks in regards to health. Also NFC WEST IS crazy

@AK Smarrgasm : btw trent richardson is a bill, just like ares.
patriots fan huh me being a Pittsburgh Steeler die hard i wish you a horrible season.

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
patriots fan huh me being a Pittsburgh Steeler die hard i wish you a horrible season.
dawg, we got our own problems, let's think division before we go into the conference. We've gotta get the bungles and those ratbirds that call themselves the ravens first