What's new

New MKX Gameplay Plus Quan Chi's full fatality

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
No it wasn't dude, not even fucking close.

First half was cool....then it becomes a vertical split like any other. Lost all originality right there.

Scorpion blows a hole through your chest allowing your heart to dangle as it still beats and then as the victim falls to their knees....he slices their damn FACE off. Yes I felt the need to describe the Fatality just to remind you that so far, it's untouchable.

You say that as if putting a hole in someone's chest is original in any way.

I like Quan's better, cutting someone's face off, instantly killing them is no where close to being as brutal as mind-raping them into walking open-mouthed into a sword, slowly.

They do have a sister, so it could have been their nephew. But now that Quan Said brother, we can only assume is one of the two, probably Bi-Han.
When did they get a sister? Frost isn't related to them at all BTW if that's what you mean, she was just a student of Sub-Zero II.

There was never a point in canon MK lore where I remember either of them saying they were their only siblings.

SkaGoogle

Tailgates & Tan-lines !
Who cares if it's another split in half? WTF do you want? lol people bitching...

Because making a guy open your mouth, walk into a fucking blade unwillingly, then slicing your body in half like a knife through butter isn't remotely messed up...

This is awesome, may not be the most dramatic fatality but still brutal...
I'm sorry but this is a problem. Some of these are unoriginal or start out really good and finish unoriginal. The easy choice to end this fatality would have been to slice him in half, But there was so much more they could do, like someone suggested making him then twist the sword in his mouth and proceeding to break his neck which would have been SO AWESOME. Mk9 has this similar problem because literally everyone had at least 1 fatality where they explode their opponent or cut them in half.

-SkaGoogle

trufenix

bye felicia
Sick. Cyber Noob(Kuai Lang) and Bi Han returns. Das Nice

Unfortunately, the line "I have your brother's soul" answers nothing,

He could be referring to Bi Han because Noob serves him
He could be referring to Kuai because he was killed by Sindel and claimed just like all the otehr heroes.
Or he could be referring to either of them and Sub Zero is a thus far unmentioned third brother.

Also, the last line is definitely a misprint and Kano says that to Sub Zero

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Nobody gives a shit what you like better. You're a known Scorpion hater for one...and two........Scorpion's Fatality is factually the most original in all of MK.
Okay let me throw logic at a brick wall here for a second; just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean you have to turn into a little baby about it.

You need to learn how to have a civil discussion and acknowledge that not everyone is going to agree with you instead defaulting to talking shit whenever someone has a differing opinion.

This fucking place, you can't even disagree with a person without them turning into a bruised anus.

I wish this site was better at dealing with people who don't know how to handle disagreement.

Literally on this same page is an example of smart and reasonable conduct when dealing with someone who doesn't agree with you:

When did they get a sister? Frost isn't related to them at all BTW if that's what you mean, she was just a student of Sub-Zero II.

There was never a point in canon MK lore where I remember either of them saying they were their only siblings.
---

In MK Mythologies bio. Also, their mother is American.

http://web.archive.org/web/19980709023020/http://mythologies.dragondata.com/SUBLIN01.html

ninja edit: Their mother is not american, they were born there, though.
If you have proof that they are wrong, present it. If you don't, don't jump into a fit of rage about it. Certainly don't throw around words like "factually" without actual facts.

Last edited:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Coming from the guy who was all like "HURRR i hope Scorpion is low tier just cuz"....Instead of hoping the whole roster was viable.

Shut the hell up.
I see you're one of those people who don't know the difference between having disdain for a fictional character and directly insulting an actual human being.

You're also a liar:
Hopefully they nerf Scorpion before release so he's just average.

When we find out who's OP or the best in the cast(inevitable) I want it to be anybody but him.
http://testyourmight.com/threads/more-mkx-gamescom-notes-from-thekombattether-scorpion-currently-most-powerful.45466/#post-1458843

Unless the definition of average was changed to mean below average when I wasn't looking.

Last edited:

Skellington

Banned
No it wasn't dude, not even fucking close.

First half was cool....then it becomes a vertical split like any other. Lost all originality right there.

Scorpion blows a hole through your chest allowing your heart to dangle as it still beats and then as the victim falls to their knees....he slices their damn FACE off. Yes I felt the need to describe the Fatality just to remind you that so far, it's untouchable.

So is quan chi telekentic too? I thought he basically just mind controls, because he picks Raiden up with ease. He didn't seem to have any other moves that lift with his powers right?
He steals souls and does other key features in the story that Shang used to do ( like creating soulnado of the souls of people of Earth, resurrecting Sindel and so on) At this point he seems to have any power he wants really, it's magic;)

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
He steals souls and does other key features in the story that Shang used to do ( like creating soulnado of the souls of people of Earth, resurrecting Sindel and so on) At this point he seems to have any power he wants really, it's magic;)
I don't think they've shown any soul stealing, just necromancy, controlling the souls, minds, and bodes of the dead.

He's always been able to do that, if you're dead, he can do with you what he wants.

He was apparently able to lift people since MKD, as someone had corrected me showing a video of him and Shang Tsung lifting up Raiden.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'm sorry but this is a problem. Some of these are unoriginal or start out really good and finish unoriginal. The easy choice to end this fatality would have been to slice him in half, But there was so much more they could do, like someone suggested making him then twist the sword in his mouth and proceeding to break his neck which would have been SO AWESOME. Mk9 has this similar problem because literally everyone had at least 1 fatality where they explode their opponent or cut them in half.

-SkaGoogle
I disagree, I don't see how an original fatality is a problem. Unfinished? (the game of course) isn't that even more proof not to judge it prematurely? It looks like they wanted to make it cringe but quick to the point at the same time. Also, keep in mind it's one fatality...it's still early, we haven't seen his other fatality. The problem is when people judge a character or game due to a fatality honestly, just my opinion. I have a friend who said he wasnt getting Smash because Snake isn't back. it's his view but most would feel that's a dumb reason to not get a great game, just saying.

But honestly, it's not like everyone chops or slices someone in half. It's how it's done too, example KL is very different from noobs. One is being pulled threw a sawhat, the other two guys or forms of himself ripping someone in half by their legs literally....

To me it doesn't matter if someone gets decapitated 8 times or ripped in half 4 times in a game, if it's done original idea and different that's all that matters.

Example, say Ermac is in and he uses his Axe to slice you in half, then decapitate you then pushes your body over telekinetically...you can't honestly say that's "not original or the same as KL's body slice" or Cyrax's net fatality...

Do that being said, I will respectfully disagree sir.

Geez, don't poop your pants brah. Try to distinguish bitching from just being not happy with something.
I'm not "pooping my pants" bra, i' m merely pointing out unnecessary bitching....try to distinguish what's trivial and what's not ;)

There are silly comments in here that prove why NRS shouldn't reveal so much...all I'm going to say lol.

Last edited:
I don't think they've shown any soul stealing, just necromancy, controlling the souls, minds, and bodes of the dead.

He's always been able to do that, if you're dead, he can do with you what he wants.

He was apparently able to lift people since MKD, as someone had corrected me showing a video of him and Shang Tsung lifting up Raiden.
In his storymode ending the narrator states that many EarthRealm warriors have fallen and that Quan Chi "...stole their souls and remade them"! Plus when he creates the Soulnado at the cemetery in the storymode he takes the souls of some soldiers and uses them to creat that soulnado. He steals souls, but uses them differently from Shang, although he has been shown to shapeshift and steal opponents powers in previous games and tv series and animated series)

Notes I got from the pause screen in the second video:

Raiden's Thunder God Variation:
Electric Fly- BF3
Lightning- DB1
Vicinity Blast- DB2
Electrocute- DF2
Rising Thunder- DB3

Quan Chi's Warlock Variation:
Skull- DB2
Trance- BF3
Sky Drop- DB4
Ground Blast- DB1
Portal Grab- DF2

At least that's what it looks like to me :)
I heard Quan Chi's runes had directional inputs like MMH pillars. Can you confirm?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I heard Quan Chi's runes had directional inputs like MMH pillars. Can you confirm?
I can't confirm it, since the notes I'd made were just taken from the second video in the OP, but I have read from others' posts/threads that they have directional inputs to change the distance on them.