What's new

New MKX Gameplay Plus Quan Chi's full fatality

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Come into the thread thinking there will be a gameplay discussion...

Leave disappointed.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Wow this topic certainly altered lol.

BTW, just want to point out for the guys confused about Quan-Chi's "dead resurrection powers" he actually has been doing it since LONG before Deception dating back to MK Mythologies(his first appearance and MK 4)

@Eddy Wang know what I'm talking about 3 known chicks, are undead demons of netherrealm but reshaped into "mortal" form. Not to mention Scorpion was brought back by Quan-Chi as well.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I was disappointed with the second half of the fatality as well. I think they add the over the topness so it isnt taken too seriously, but there has to be something else they can do besides ripping in half again. Who knows, maybe it will change like Raidens xray has.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Wow this topic certainly altered lol.

BTW, just want to point out for the guys confused about Quan-Chi's "dead resurrection powers" he actually has been doing it since LONG before Deception dating back to MK Mythologies(his first appearance and MK 4)

@Eddy Wang know what I'm talking about 3 known chicks, are undead demons of netherrealm but reshaped into "mortal" form. Not to mention Scorpion was brought back by Quan-Chi as well.

Quan is behind lots of stuff even before Mortal Kombat 1 happens, definitely if not the villain with the most impact in the MK History, everything that happens flows around his schemes.

Scorpion, Noob Saibot, Zombie Kang, Deadly Alliance, MK9, Sisterhood of Shadows, Armaggedon etc.

I really hope NRS develops well his impact in MKX, they have everything for a great start, but if Quan depend of a Necromancy Army alone i think it will be a bit of step back, considering that in MK9 he at least had Scorpion during the 1st season as his brotherhood of shadows personal guard, and then Noob Saibot during the 2nd and 3rd season, i mean, normaly Quan Chi always thrust worthy bodyguards around him, which leaves a open Room for the sisterhood in MKX case, if this happens no one will be able to handle my boner until the next MK game comes out.

MKF30

I was disappointed with the second half of the fatality as well. I think they add the over the topness so it isnt taken too seriously, but there has to be something else they can do besides ripping in half again. Who knows, maybe it will change like Raidens xray has.
I'm sure there will be no doubt more crazy, unique fatalities. I think some folks just don't like chopping in half for some reason but I love how it's implemented in MK(now days)

Like KL's to me is still so messed up and original because it's like the guy is trying to pull away but he can't cause he's being dragged by his legs...lol so you can kind of cringe cause you know what's going to happen but can't change it lol.

But anyway, I bet we'll see more new, unique ones such as Scorpion's first fatality(everyone thought oh he's going to chop his head off) but were wrong as we know now. :)

Quan is behind lots of stuff even before Mortal Kombat 1 happens, definitely if not the villain with the most impact in the MK History, everything that happens flows around his schemes.

Scorpion, Noob Saibot, Zombie Kang, Deadly Alliance, MK9, Sisterhood of Shadows, Armaggedon etc.

I really hope NRS develops well his impact in MKX, they have everything for a great start, but if Quan depend of a Necromancy Army alone i think it will be a bit of step back, considering that in MK9 he at least had Scorpion during the 1st season as his brotherhood of shadows personal guard, and then Noob Saibot during the 2nd and 3rd season, i mean, normaly Quan Chi always thrust worthy bodyguards around him, which leaves a open Room for the sisterhood in MKX case, if this happens no one will be able to handle my boner until the next MK game comes out.
Yep. Very true and even the writers John Vogel confirmed that Quan-Chi is more evil and probably more powerful than Shang Tsung is yep. And he also was pulling strings in MK Mythologies(along with Shinnok) but as you said he's the main player with villains more often than not or the schemer behind the "big bosses" a lot. Who knows, perhaps one of them at least Sareena will show up. I have no doubt in the story mode one of them will show up if not all 3. Like they did in MK A. This is have to assume many years PAST that.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm sure there will be no doubt more crazy, unique fatalities. I think some folks just don't like chopping in half for some reason but I love how it's implemented in MK(now days)

Like KL's to me is still so messed up and original because it's like the guy is trying to pull away but he can't cause he's being dragged by his legs...lol so you can kind of cringe cause you know what's going to happen but can't change it lol.

But anyway, I bet we'll see more new, unique ones such as Scorpion's first fatality(everyone thought oh he's going to chop his head off) but were wrong as we know now. :)

Yep. Very true and even the writers John Vogel confirmed that Quan-Chi is more evil and probably more powerful than Shang Tsung is yep. And he also was pulling strings in MK Mythologies(along with Shinnok) but as you said he's the main player with villains more often than not or the schemer behind the "big bosses" a lot. Who knows, perhaps one of them at least Sareena will show up. I have no doubt in the story mode one of them will show up if not all 3. Like they did in MK A. This is have to assume many years PAST that.
Lots of ppl are expecting Sareena, i don't blame them, she was playable at some point, i gotta tell you, i've been waiting for this trio to appear as playable every since i concluded mythologies.

When i saw this cutscene in Armageddon my boner reached other galaxies, because for the 1st time i was really optimistic that they all would be playable considering the roster size for unlockables, sadly we only got Sareena, and as result she became extremely popular, and Kia and Jataaka fall into the oblivion plane of forggoten warriors.

And not only that, if you see the MK females are now divided into archtypes due their fighting style and visual design

Mixed (Various distinctions among themself but not similar fighting style under the same category):
Sonya
Li Mei
Nitara

Edenian kombat warriors "fighting using edenian fighting style" (female ninja now is a new category):
Kitana
Mileena
Jade
Tanya
Sindel? ( i prefer to see her under the "diverse" category)

Kunoichis (Female Ninjas)
Frost (Lin Kuei Kunoichi)
Skarlet (Skarlet distinguish herself from the the others in MK9 because she is a true Ninjutsu character in every aspect, even her visual design differs her as not being a edenian archtype of characters)

Netherrealm Archtype
Ashrah

If those 3 becomes playable, the netherrealm archtype will get a sub-category:

Sisterhood Archtype (due the unique design and fighting style which is different from Ashrah):
  1. Kia
  2. Jataaka
  3. Sareena

MKF30

@Eddy Wang wow yeah haha you even found that screen shot of them. You're definitely the biggest fan of QC's bitches :p I'd love to see Kia especially besides Sareena's moveset in MK X.

MKF30

I've said this before but it would be super rad if they made them into one "character", but the three of them are all different variations.
That's such a great idea especially if they went that way with Smoke, someone on here said before(may have been you I forget lol) Smoke's variations should be:

Human Smoke style

Cyber Smoke style

Demon Smoke style

Only thing with that is he'd have to look very different at least his cyber version vs. human look(the human look they can get away glowing red eyes, smoke around him as demon variation.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I don't think it would make sense with Smoke because he never became a cyborg in this time-line and it would kind of dumb to just shoe-horn it in.

It would however work with the Shokan(Goro, Kintaro, and Sheeva), and the Cyber-Ninjas(Sektor, Cyrax, and Cyber-Sub who could easily be revived via corpse retrieval seeing as how he's mostly robot).

MKF30

I don't think it would make sense with Smoke because he never became a cyborg in this time-line and it would kind of dumb to just shoe-horn it in.

It would however work with the Shokan(Goro, Kintaro, and Sheeva), and the Cyber-Ninjas(Sektor, Cyrax, and Cyber-Sub who could easily be revived via corpse retrieval seeing as how he's mostly robot).
Yeah, I see that point. I forget who mentioned it, someone on here who really wants Smoke back in multiple forms. Unless he comes back resurrected by Quan-Chi then perhaps updated some how, maybe enhanced perhaps by same people Kano went to? Just an idea OR new Smoke completely, say Smoke could be a new cyborg character? Just pitching possible ideas, with MK you never know where they're going to go.

I doubt though this time we'll see Cyber Sub-Zero since we have a regular Sub-Zero again(question is who is he) Kuai Liang again some how? or a new Sub-Zero all together? Whoever he is he clearly has knowledge of what happened almost as if he lived through it.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I think if he were to come back Quan Chi would probably unlock some of his hinted demonic potential, and we'd see a whole other side of Smoke.