What's new

General/Other - Kitana Mortal Kombat X: Konnections - Kitana

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
@Zephyrus I don't know why you feel like you're entitled to know who is in the game. You haven't given any money to NRS in exchange for MKX yet, and it's obvious a deliberate marketing strategy that they are employing.

Yes you can be passionate, but every other post is some negative comment about how NRS seemingly owe you the characters you want to play as.

Just wait until the game comes out to see who is in, it's not like you have to buy it.

Levaranoia

War God
shhh!
Don't say that out here. You nuts? You'll unleash the beasts

Here let me try to divert attention to me again so you can run safely from the rabid fans who foam in the mouth if you don't praise everything of the game.

Uh.. uuuh... EVEN THE STREAM IS NOTHING MORE THAN SHOWING BRUTALITIES WHEN THEY SAID IN THE PREVIOUS ONE THEY'D GET TO PLAY WITH THEIR MAINS AND TEASED MILEENA!

There I think I got it
Dude I could literally give no flying f**ks if the white knights wanted to get mad and harass me. It's a website for a video game. I don't give a shit that 16 bit loves kitana so much. This was already evident by him playing her all the time. I just know the video wasn't for casuals, which is why he was getting torn apart in the facebook comments.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
I'm going to miss Kitana's MK9 costume with mask of course. I like the new MKX Kitana a lot.

Crossing hope that maybe she might have the MK9 now "KLASSIC" costume in it and her MKDA too!

Zephyrus

TYM resident party pooper
@Zephyrus I don't know why you feel like you're entitled to know who is in the game. You haven't given any money to NRS in exchange for MKX yet, and it's obvious a deliberate marketing strategy that they are employing.

Yes you can be passionate, but every other post is some negative comment about how NRS seemingly owe you the characters you want to play as.

Just wait until the game comes out to see who is in, it's not like you have to buy it.
you know I'm really getting annoyed at how every imbecile in this forum (and there are quite a lot of them) expects me to blindly throw money at NRS.

Not you in particular, but pratically everyone feels outraged that I dare ask for anything of NRS.
Yes I want to know who the characters are. And YES I AM ENTITLED TO IT. It's as simple as that. You want my money? Show me your product.
It's how it works for virtually every single damn product in the world. No one with atleast half a brain will buy something without knowing what they're getting in return.

I don't need to know their costumes. I don't need to know their role. I don't need to know how the story will pan out and how many modes there are in the game because at the end of the day I'll play only one. VS mode. Be it ON or OFFLINE. However I do need to know if I can expect characters that I care about to be in the game and who they are and how they play.

Especially after the Ermac reveal where I just can't stand the character's fighting stance. And this was one of my favorite characters in any MK game.

But good thing you pointed out that it's not like I have to buy it and just wait out... thing is we have a character tied to pre-order.
Yeah he'll be available later... but when? One week? One month? Two months? Who knows? Not we because we're pratically left in the dark.

With MK9 you had a trailer for a character every week on thursday. This time you spend months with no reveals, get four characters announced and then you're back to spend months with no reveals.
Something that is just odd considering you got half of the current announced roster, announced when the game was revealed.

Take that in for a moment. Ever since the game was announced you had trailers for ONLY 7 characters. Kano, Quan Chi, Kung Lao, Reptile, Raiden, Kitana and Ermac.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
you know I'm really getting annoyed at how every imbecile in this forum (and there are quite a lot of them) expects me to blindly throw money at NRS.

Not you in particular, but pratically everyone feels outraged that I dare ask for anything of NRS.
Yes I want to know who the characters are. And YES I AM ENTITLED TO IT. It's as simple as that. You want my money? Show me your product.
It's how it works for virtually every single damn product in the world. No one with atleast half a brain will buy something without knowing what they're getting in return.

I don't need to know their costumes. I don't need to know their role. I don't need to know how the story will pan out and how many modes there are in the game because at the end of the day I'll play only one. VS mode. Be it ON or OFFLINE. However I do need to know if I can expect characters that I care about to be in the game and who they are and how they play.

Especially after the Ermac reveal where I just can't stand the character's fighting stance. And this was one of my favorite characters in any MK game.

But good thing you pointed out that it's not like I have to buy it and just wait out... thing is we have a character tied to pre-order.
Yeah he'll be available later... but when? One week? One month? Two months? Who knows? Not we because we're pratically left in the dark.

With MK9 you had a trailer for a character every week on thursday. This time you spend months with no reveals, get four characters announced and then you're back to spend months with no reveals.
Something that is just odd considering you got half of the current announced roster, announced when the game was revealed.

Take that in for a moment. Ever since the game was announced you had trailers for ONLY 7 characters. Kano, Quan Chi, Kung Lao, Reptile, Raiden, Kitana and Ermac.
No, you're not entitled to know the full-cast before launch. You're entitled to know about the product, sure, but guess what, you do. You know its a fighting game. You have seen 13 members of the cast, several stages, have been shown a few variations from different characters, have seen some fatalities and will see brutalities in the next live stream, and you know that the game will have interactables, that it will have a run feature, and that every character in the game will have three variations. You're not going into your purchase blind at all.

Were there livestreams for MK9?

They have shown you their product. You know, there was a time when all anyone ever got was one trailer and a few blurbs in gaming magazines and that was it.

If this REALLY bothers you....

Don't buy the game. Simple.

That's really what it boils down to: Be so pissed at the pre-game promotion that you don't buy the game.

Or suck it up, be happy with what you get, and buy the game.

Buy it or don't buy it, but leave your despicable, toxic attitude at the door.

Zephyrus

Were there livestreams for MK9?

They have shown you their product. You know, there was a time when all anyone ever got was one trailer and a few blurbs in gaming magazines and that was it.

If this REALLY bothers you....

Don't buy the game. Simple.

That's really what it boils down to: Be so pissed at the pre-game promotion that you don't buy the game.

Or suck it up, be happy with what you get, and buy the game.

Buy it or don't buy it, but leave your despicable, toxic attitude at the door.

hey about those times... I still ended up knowing who the characters were and how they looked like.

And streams? Of people playing the game like casuals and failing to show anything interesting? Yeah I prefer character specific trailers showing off the character with some decent looking combos... like we had before these streams.

also this is a fucking forum not a NRS circle jerk. I'm allowed to voice my displeasure.

If you don't like my attitude all you literally have to do is place me on ignore. Until I'm outright being rude to others, like you people are being to me, I'm not gonna change anything.

Take for example the user Hexin_wishes. I can't stand the attitude of the user so I have it on ignore.

Rude

hey about those times... I still ended up knowing who the characters were and how they looked like.

And streams? Of people playing the game like casuals and failing to show anything interesting? Yeah I prefer character specific trailers showing off the character with some decent looking combos... like we had before these streams.

also this is a fucking forum not a NRS circle jerk. I'm allowed to voice my displeasure.

If you don't like my attitude all you literally have to do is place me on ignore. Until I'm outright being rude to others, like you people are being to me, I'm not gonna change anything.

Take for example the user Hexin_wishes. I can't stand the attitude of the user so I have it on ignore.
Either buy the game because you want to play it...

...Or don't because you don't like how it's being handled. Like I said, it's that simple.

Which will it be?

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face

Oi.

Don't preorder the fucking game.

Wait until it's released then decide if you want to buy it or not. No one is forcing you to preorder it.

I bet you go to cinemas and ask to watch the ending of the movie before the movie starts because "hey what if I don't like the ending you can't bait me into paying for the movie while keeping me in the dark about it."

Stop whining, no one is forcing you to preorder the game. NRS don't owe you shit.

Rude

Man, speaking of those MK9 reveal trailers...

I feel like I learned a lot about Noob Saibot in this. And wow, LOOK AT THOSE TECHNICAL COMBOS, DUDE!

I mean...come on...

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.

No, you are not entitled to it. Simply as that. You have not paid any money for MKX, therefore you are not entitled to it. And evidently a lot of people are getting annoyed at your constant crying.

Again I say, if you are still unsure then wait until the game is a few weeks old to make your mind. It again is as simple as that. MK9 was a different game with a different marketing strategy, and I'm sure that no amount of whining that you do on this forum will change the way NRS are going about it.

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
The game releases in 48 days. You either know that you'll buy it or you won't at this stage. its not like this is back in mid December when we had months and months left and had heard nothing for months. we're getting regular information and the game drops in a few weeks. don't like the marketing or the characters in the game? don't buy it. vote with your wallet. but we all know most everyone here will buy the game so all this bitching is just pissing in the wind

Zephyrus

Oi.

Don't preorder the fucking game.

Wait until it's released then decide if you want to buy it or not. No one is forcing you to preorder it.

I bet you go to cinemas and ask to watch the ending of the movie before the movie starts because "hey what if I don't like the ending you can't bait me into paying for the movie while keeping me in the dark about it."

Stop whining, no one is forcing you to preorder the game. NRS don't owe you shit.
no actually, when I go to cinemas I watch trailers of movies I might be interested in which show me how the general plot of the movie will turn out.
none of you quoting me have the brain to point out anything wrong in my judgement.

You're only getting mad at the fact that I'm disliking something.

Yes, like you said I have options. Buy or not buy. Pre-order or not pre-order.

But here's the thing. I plan on buying. I wouldn't get mad at anything if I had no interest in the game. So yes, I plan on buying.
Be it day 1 or 1 year later, I do plan on getting the game. Thing is, I want to know what I'm buying.

If I pre-order to get Goro, I might risk being disappointed at the game and feeling like I waste money.
If I don't and wait, I'll have to wait for Goro and end up spending more money.

There's also the issue that the kombat pack is not available on europe... but I'll likely skip it and just buy the two MK characters.

Then again I'm wasting time with people who'd choose a mystery box to a million dollars.

Rude

no actually, when I go to cinemas I watch trailers of movies I might be interested in which show me how the general plot of the movie will turn out.
none of you quoting me have the brain to point out anything wrong in my judgement.

But here's the thing. I plan on buying. I wouldn't get mad at anything if I had no interest in the game. So yes, I plan on buying.
Be it day 1 or 1 year later, I do plan on getting the game. Thing is, I want to know what I'm buying.

If I pre-order to get Goro, I might risk being disappointed at the game and feeling like I waste money.

There's also the issue that the kombat pack is not available on europe... but I'll likely skip it and just buy the two MK characters.

Then again I'm wasting time with people who'd choose a mystery box to a million dollars.
I made plenty of valid points as to why it isn't a mystery box at all.
Also, a trailer doesn't give you an indication at all as to how the movie will turn out.
But let's go with your analogy. You've been given 7 character reveals, three live streams, and a twenty-ish minute initial reveal back at E3. I'd say that's about a movie trailer's worth of information.

Since you've said "Yes, I will be buying the game" then all of your talking points are irrelevant. You're still buying the game.

Of course, you could always, and are very welcome to, change your mind and not buy the game. No one is forcing you to.

AssassiN

Noob

You are just insinuating at this point, people are not mad at the fact you dislike something.
People are mad at you because you're sounding like a broken record.

Everyone has told you what your options are and still you are complaining.
I don't understand why NRS has to show you absolutely everything about the game. I'm eager to discover what characters are in the game, what modes there are, what the story is all about, ...

You don't have to pre-order. You don't have to buy the kombat pack.
If you prefer, you can wait until the komplete edition is out and just get it all for a cheaper price.

Rude

I think we've seen enough, actually. I want to be surprised by some stuff the day I get the game.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
This seems to be a WB thing, not NRS in all honesty. We still haven't even seen a fucking Harley Quinn trailer for Arkham Knight.
Truth. So much truth.

I don't know why WB do this. We've still seen fuck all for AK.

Their MKX marketing is a bit frustrating, but seriously, it could be worse.

Zephyrus

You are just insinuating at this point, people are not mad at the fact you dislike something.
People are mad at you because you're sounding like a broken record.

Everyone has told you what your options are and still you are complaining.
I don't understand why NRS has to show you absolutely everything about the game. I'm eager to discover what characters are in the game, what modes there are, what the story is all about, ...

You don't have to pre-order. You don't have to buy the kombat pack.
If you prefer, you can wait until the komplete edition is out and just get it all for a cheaper price.
yeah? Then maybe don't quote me.

It's pretty simple. You quote me asking why I'm mad, I'll explain why I'm mad. You then quote me I have no right to be mad, I'll explain why I do have a right to be mad. And it goes on an endless repeating cycle.

I've stated what I don't like. I'm allowed to do that despite all the imbeciles here not being able to handle any criticism to their god. You keep quoting me, I'll keep answering.

You people have stated the obvious, something which I had already acknowledge myself and have done so again here.

I've stated that if you don't like reading my posts, put me on ignore. Makes no difference to me if a random idiot doesn't read my posts.

and yes people are mad at me for not liking how the marketing of this game is being handled. I wouldn't be getting so much angry posts from these many imbeciles, if that wasn't true.

It's not like I'm trolling calling the game bad or something. I'm simply voicing my displeasure at how something is being handled.

mamasau

Noob
Truth. So much truth.

I don't know why WB do this. We've still seen fuck all for AK.

Their MKX marketing is a bit frustrating, but seriously, it could be worse.
honestly, being an european customer AND pc user is the worst thing.

nice trailer of kitana, in 2 min there're more revelations than in the last streaming :p

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
Crikey the amount of entitlement and whining is unreal. Can we get a new type of infraction called "little b!tch" and apply it to these nutters obsessed with character reveals and plot spoilers.

Wait a little while and grow up people it is not that far from release