What's new

General/Other - Kitana Mortal Kombat X: Konnections - Kitana

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Crikey the amount of entitlement and whining is unreal. Can we get a new type of infraction called "little b!tch" and apply it to these nutters obsessed with character reveals and plot spoilers.

Wait a little while and grow up people it is not that far from release
Why is it considered "entitlement" by this community to want to know who's in the game that you're spending your hard earned money on?

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Why is it considered "entitlement" by this community to want to know who's in the game that you're spending your hard earned money on?
Because no one is forcing you do pre-order. You can just wait for the game to be released and learn who's in the game and everything, then decide whether or not to spend your hard earned money.

It's entitlement to act like the NRS OWE you to show you whatever you want to know about the game before they even release it.

Braindead

Braindead: Hi guys. I'm working on this new product. It's a fighting game that I'm going to release in 2 months. Here are a few trailers about some stuff in the game and here are some streams showcasing stuff.
I'm going to release the game in 2 months, but you can pre-order now. Oh and hey if you do preorder I'll give you a gift.
Random person: No I'm not going to preorder because I don't know everything about the game.
Braindead: Of course, no problem. Wait until the game is released, then check out whatever you want to know about it. If you do, then I'll be happy if you decide to buy the game.
Random person: No, fuck you. Show me what I want to know now. You OWE me! You are entitled to show me whatever I want to know about the game!
Braindead: Why do I owe you? Who are you? I don't want to show everything about the game before I release it!
Random person: Fuck you it's my God-given right to know whatever I want about the product that I have nothing to do with and that's not even released yet.

*Random person goes to a website online*
Random person: Fuck Braindead he is releasing cringe-worthy videos instead of telling me whatever the fuck I want to know about his product that no one is forcing me to buy.

xWildx

Because no one is forcing you do pre-order. You can just wait for the game to be released and learn who's in the game and everything, then decide whether or not to spend your hard earned money.

It's entitlement to act like the NRS OWE you to show you whatever you want to know about the game before they even release it.
What I said has nothing to do with the pre-order debacle. It was a comment on the game in general. As consumers we are, in fact, entitled to know what we are paying for.

People such as yourself seem to think that means we'd like to see every single intricacy of the game however, and that couldn't be further from the truth.

MK Led

Umbasa
People such as yourself seem to think that means we'd like to see every single intricacy of the game however, and that couldn't be further from the truth.
The vast majority of other games reveal next to nothing about their content before release, at least nrs is aware of the fact that fighting games are not like most other games, and they've gone out of their way to show people how the game plays and explain a few of the characters.

Also what do you want to see then? just the all the fighters? And sure, consumers have that right, but again, they could have just given bare bones details and told fans to fuck off until release, that's a perfectly normal thing to do.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
In all honesty, the endless teasing and "sooning" does wear thin. But regardless, I'm always happy when we get any new info, be it a reveal or gameplay or other little news. The marketing has had very little consistency, and I think that contributes to some of the harsh feelings here. Lots of big Event presence in the summer, then not so much. Awesome Variations trailers, then...3 months of dead air...then the non-variation ones. They have done 3 streams, with a 4th happening Thursday, but only Ermac has been revealed on stream? They just come across as a bit of a wasted opportunity when they tease with no real payoff, or keep saying "we want to show you, but...". "Don't hover over Kitana/Reptile!". "There's Goro over there, but not today!" It's a little ridiculous. I'm kind of bummed that, with all the talk of new characters, we've basically seen ULTRA MK9 in terms of roster for the last nine months. And that Kitana Konnections vid, while cool, seems completely random. It would have made sense back when she was revealed, but now it is just kinda...there.
With all that said, The game seems like its going to be phenomenal. I'm frustrated simply because everything I've seen so far just makes me want to see more. I guess that's a good thing, and in hindsight, all the teasing won't mean a damn thing anyway. Game will be out soon, and I can stop watching all the saved vids on my PC.

Braindead

What I said has nothing to do with the pre-order debacle. It was a comment on the game in general. As consumers we are, in fact, entitled to know what we are paying for.

Of course you are entitled to know, But only after the game is released. I have no problem with you wanting what you're paying for. If I'm forcing you to buy something that you don't know everything about, then it's a problem.
But that's not the case here.

xWildx

Of course you are entitled to know, But only after the game is released. I have no problem with you wanting what you're paying for. If I'm forcing you to buy something that you don't know everything about, then it's a problem.
But that's not the case here.
I couldn't care less, tbh. I have Kitana and Mileena (beyond a shadow of a doubt) in the game. I'm simply arguing for the sake of people who don't seem to be properly understood. I agree, that if you're not being forced into buying something then you don't NEED to know everything in it, but the way NRS or WB, or whoever is going about making these decisions is leading to a lot of bitterness and annoyance.

I'd personally argue that it's the pacing that's causing the biggest issue. They seem to set trends, and then immediately fall back on them shortly after. The first few months after the announcement we had semi-regular reveals leading up to the three month info drought. In January, they hit us with several characters and bi-weekly streams, but in February we get nothing. It's this awkward staggering of info that seems to be what's annoying people the most, that coupled with the incessant amount of trolling Boon and Co. do on Twitter that gets people riled up.

It's just funny, because at 12:01am on April 14th none of this will even matter, but since it's the only thing we have to discuss when there's a lack of info it flares up like clockwork.

coolwhip

Noob
Have you really not figured out that this Zephyrus dude is a troll hidey? Check his history, that's all I'll say.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
i think the books/lab stage from this trailer might be inside the floating castle you see in the crossroads stage. you see in the background the lab is floating too and the colour is similar

That would make sense. Pretty sure this is Quan Chi's lab where he's trying to resurrect Shao Kahn, so it would make sense that it's in the Netherrealm, which is where crossroads looks to be set.

That would make sense. Pretty sure this is Quan Chi's lab where he's trying to resurrect Shao Kahn, so it would make sense that it's in the Netherrealm, which is where crossroads looks to be set.
if he tries to ressurect him there, everything makes a sense. meat guy, armor and hammer. also this lab screamed "quan chi" to me from the first Moment.

MK Led

Umbasa
Yeah, they showed that lab stage as the brotherhood of shadows background in the next trailer, so I think its pretty safe to assume its Quan's hangout

NRS: Hey, enthusiastic MK fans! Here's a gift for your loyalty and for preordering MK. The gift is called Goro.
Zephyrus: FUCK YOU NRS! HOW THE HELL ARE YOU GIVING ME A GIFT WITHOUT ME KNOWING ANYTHING ABOUT IT?! FUCK YOU I WON'T TAKE IT!
NRS: OK, looks like you don't want Goro. Sorry to bother you.
Zephyrus: FUCK YOU NRS I WANT GORO BUT I WANT YOU TO GIFT IT TO ME ON MY OWN TERMS!!!!

Lol this is funny!!

Zephyrus

TYM resident party pooper
Why r people crying about the marketing here in TYM? We r all buying the game anyway?
doesn't mean some people wouldn't like to know the roster first. Because that's all I want.
However thanks to that I've been insulted to hell and back by a lot of members on this site.

A particular braindead user even went as far as to use the most ridiculous hyperbole to mock me.

And it just shows me how awful NRS... or atleast TYM community is.
I could've easily been made to accept that yeah maybe I should wait. But instead I was ridiculed, ostracized and insulted for simply mentioning I'm not happy with the lack of characters reveals when we have atleast 11 characters left to be shown.