What's new

MKX will allow, "choose from multiple variations of each character impacting both..."

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Yeah. Lol. Although in MK9 most xrays were not very good but at least could be unbreakable dmg
Mmm. I mean it's subjective to how X-rays or their equivalent will pan out in the MK10 meta but the thread topic did beg the question :p

As long as they do a good balance, like they did in Injustice, and they learned they lesson with broken Kabals and brainded Kenshis, its all ok ;)

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
This sounds like a really amazing idea. This should add more depth to the game and produce more tier lists and match up charts....

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I think the character versions have more to do with frame data...think of cyrax in MK9.

He had robo and human and they played differently...could have been two different characters. This sounds like an awesome add to me.

Imagine choosing from God of thunder Raiden to Evil Raiden. Human smoke to Robo smoke, Sub Zero to Cyber sub.
Indeed. This does open up more options for the kind of player you are for sure. I'm a zoner and more turtler lol so I'd no doubt choose that option, in a way it's like stance change from the 3D games but implemented differently since it's the same character but totally changes them in a way where they're almost a different character. Now, imagine this with made up combos and specials? hmmm lots of ideas lol.

The online point is interesting, are they trying to say we'll have an easier online and more competitive like just shoot into online vs. before where we could choose? I hope they still give us choices.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
They've already shown us what it means. Look at Nightwing, or Wonder Woman. They'll just make both "stances" more in depth and you'll have to choose the stance at character select.

This sounds cool, but does that mean we have to learn 2 or more matchups for each character? Imagine learning 90 different matchups guys...Yuck.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
The online point is interesting, are they trying to say we'll have an easier online and more competitive like just shoot into online vs. before where we could choose? I hope they still give us choices.
The online point is what is worrying me, it almost seems they are going for nothing but online experiences and ditching the traditional FG altogether. ARe they going to do a model similar to KI was done where we are getting asset of characters and modes as they make them. It almost seems like some half ass MMO

MKF30

The online point is what is worrying me, it almost seems they are going for nothing but online experiences and ditching the traditional FG altogether. ARe they going to do a model similar to KI was done where we are getting asset of characters and modes as they make them. It almost seems like some half ass MMO
IDK, it's hard to say from that description it's kind of vague once E3 hits I'm sure we'll have a better idea once they explain it but I'm imagine we'd have options, because even though online is crucial now to a game's longevity and replay value, they have to put single player modes or offline multiplayer as well I'd imagine. So I won't judge either way just yet but I am curious, if they give us options still I'm fine with it. If not that may be an issue for some people.

They've already shown us what it means. Look at Nightwing, or Wonder Woman. They'll just make both "stances" more in depth and you'll have to choose the stance at character select.

This sounds cool, but does that mean we have to learn 2 or more matchups for each character? Imagine learning 90 different matchups guys...Yuck.
We didn't choose at the select screen, their stances were interchangable in mid battle with the trait button. MK DA, MKD and MKA however(and even MK 9 with LK, Sonya etc) had a alter style flat out command or button. Injustice it was the B button(trait). This newer option sounds entirely different, more like a combination of that and MVC options choosing certain options prior to the actual match.

TheSpore

IDK, it's hard to say from that description it's kind of vague once E3 hits I'm sure we'll have a better idea once they explain it but I'm imagine we'd have options, because even though online is crucial now to a game's longevity and replay value, they have to put single player modes or offline multiplayer as well I'd imagine. So I won't judge either way just yet but I am curious, if they give us options still I'm fine with it. If not that may be an issue for some people.
Well games on consoles no longer have to be SP anymore, just look at the all the F2P games and MMOs that have been coming to consoles lately. The synopsis just hints at an always online environment.

MKF30

Well games on consoles no longer have to be SP anymore, just look at the all the F2P games and MMOs that have been coming to consoles lately. The synopsis just hints at an always online environment.
I know, but if there's arcade, storymode possibly other modes etc like MK 9 offered and previous MK's I don't see them restricting us to just "online" I know this is rare now days but what if someone buys it without the internet? Can they not play the game? Of course being as how games are updated, patched etc now it would be illogical to play any game now without the internet but just saying lol. There's players out there who are just casual like to play against their brothers and arcade mode, that's it. Majority though prefer to do that, online, offline etc, etc now days though.

I'm fine with it as long as we have options to "not always play online" I think one of the NFS games did that and I absolutely hated it...

But what if I like one stance but the other costume is better?
I doubt we'll be restricted to a "costume=stance" choice, that sounds dumb to me. I imagine we'll have to choose our stance, moves whatever depending on style THEN choose our costume. This would make more sense wouldn't it? lol

TheSpore

I know, but if there's arcade, storymode possibly other modes etc like MK 9 offered and previous MK's I don't see them restricting us to just "online" I know this is rare now days but what if someone buys it without the internet? Can they not play the game? Of course being as how games are updated, patched etc now it would be illogical to play any game now without the internet but just saying lol. There's players out there who are just casual like to play against their brothers and arcade mode, that's it. Majority though prefer to do that, online, offline etc, etc now days though.

I'm fine with it as long as we have options to "not always play online" I think one of the NFS games did that and I absolutely hated it...

I doubt we'll be restricted to a "costume=stance" choice, that sounds dumb to me. I imagine we'll have to choose our stance, moves whatever depending on style THEN choose our costume. This would make more sense wouldn't it? lol
I agree I'm fine with online as long as I have options. I'm curious and I wish the NRS would at least give some more information rather than force a long wait for E3.

MKF30

I agree I'm fine with online as long as I have options. I'm curious and I wish the NRS would at least give some more information rather than force a long wait for E3.
Yeah lol, well E3 is next week isn't it?

Different versions of each character? Tell me this is a fucking joke. Just. Make. A fighting game. Stop trying to be inventive. This announcement just killed so much hype for me. Character customization in MK...get out.

Medina4life

Media Master
Not sure how much we can rely on the description of a Playstation Youtube video. It's probably just alternate costumes they interpreted to mean different character variations.