What's new

MKX will allow, "choose from multiple variations of each character impacting both..."

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
In case you were late to the party this morning with the official release of the "Mortal Kombat X" trailer, we've got even more information for you. While the description to the trailer on the official Mortal Kombat channel gave us a taste as to how the game will play, it seems the Playstation channel may have even more intriguing information. Check this out...

"Mortal Kombat X gives players the ability to choose from multiple variations of each character impacting both strategy and fighting style. And with a new fully-connected gameplay experience, players are launched into a persistent online contest where every fight matters in a global battle for supremacy."

Source: Playstation YouTube
Credit: @Trini_Bwoi via MKX What we know thread

Attachments

Mst

Noob
Maybe something like in Ultra where you get Chars with versions from previous versions of the game in MKX case maybe MK9 SZ and MKX SZ something like this MK9 SZ with his moves from MK9 and MK10 SZ with new moves and some old ones. Maybe even from older MKs.

I'm seriously hoping that this version-select thing is like different archetypes for characters

IE: Default Sub-Zero is turtle-y, zoner type. Or you could choose a Rushdown oriented Sub-Zero. I have no idea how that'd work, but that would be the coolest thing ever (and probably the first time it's happened?).

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I think the character versions have more to do with frame data...think of cyrax in MK9.

He had robo and human and they played differently...could have been two different characters. This sounds like an awesome add to me.

Imagine choosing from God of thunder Raiden to Evil Raiden. Human smoke to Robo smoke, Sub Zero to Cyber sub.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
While you're here....

Would you prefer Cage to have the option of an offensive X-ray? Honest question.
Yeah. Lol. Although in MK9 most xrays were not very good but at least could be unbreakable dmg