What's new

MKX will allow, "choose from multiple variations of each character impacting both..."

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
PLEASE have it mean different options for each character at the select screen and not the switching/weapon styles in previous MKs.

Selecting grooves/assists/ultras in sf4 was always a great way of personalizing in the select screen in SFs. I hope theyve come up with something like that but with their own creativity.

Last edited:

ninjay

Noob
I am wondering if it will be like ISMs or grooves from capcom games where the meter changes your properties, or something like moon types from Melty Blood where it changes the character properties all toghether?

trufenix

bye felicia
In a sense, mk9 already had this feature with characters like Human Cyrax playing slightly different from their base versions. If anything, this is just them finally expanding it into a full blown feature. I only hope they took the page out of the arc systems book rather than Capcoms.

I also wonder what this means for the plot. Characters like Smoke/Cyrax/Sektor/Sub the divide is obvious and even old / young shang, but how could you make two versions of Liu Kang or Mileena? Could we see the return of normal arms Jax?

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
The word 'multiple' is pretty offputitng. 20 characters but each character has 8 different versions with different frame data and different match-ups.. lol

I'm seriously hoping that this version-select thing is like different archetypes for characters

IE: Default Sub-Zero is turtle-y, zoner type. Or you could choose a Rushdown oriented Sub-Zero. I have no idea how that'd work, but that would be the coolest thing ever (and probably the first time it's happened?).
If they could actually make that work it would be incredible. Really sucks when you fall in love with a character only to find yourself totally incompatible with their playstyle.

mkkevin

Noob
My guess is that they're going to make it costume based, for example, Scorpion's MK9 costume makes him have a set of moves while his MKX gives him a new set of moves. But then again, when DLC comes out, that's a lot of different fighting styles for Scorpion (since he gets like 50 costumes more than anyone else)