What's new

MKX Comic Plot Discussion & Speculation Thread

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
Once again, this was NOT an issue. It was the first part of the print issue. These online chapters are basically one print issue split up into three.
Would it be better if I said this "chapter" was lame? Whether this "chapter" is a part of a larger "print issue" is irrelevant as the (my) sentiment is still the same; nothing happened here...in the thing I bought...which is disappointing.

Of course it was a "tease", how else are they going to get you interested in the next issue? Fucking hell, you just can't please some people. You would have been complaining if they had given you what you wanted and we saw Scorpion and Sub-Zero brawl saying the exact opposite to what you are now.

The issue was 8/10. We learned a little more about the relationship between Papa and Mama Cage, the Shokan waged war on Kotal so that'll be intense and we got a build up (or as some jackasses are complaining, a "tease") to what's going to be an epic and seemingly crucial to the plot brawl.
I'd just like to point out here that you called the "chapter" in question here an "issue" like I did, and that there are people who 'liked' your post, and also liked the one I quoted above, which tells me that there are many others who also see these digital "issues" / "chapters" as semi stand alone products as that is how they are being sold. It is sort of like how people can watch an episode of TV show and be disappointed in that episode even though that particular "chapter" is a part of a larger whole. Episodes or chapters can be disappointing even if they are meant to be taken as a part of a larger whole. It still comes down to pacing and story telling...which this chapter is a dismal job conveying IMO.

Regardless, my only point was that NOTHING HAPPENED and thus it was VERY DISSAPPOINTING to which most people, even the people who are tying to oppose my post, seemingly agree.

Last edited:

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Would it be better if I said this "chapter" was lame? Whether this "chapter" is a part of a larger "print issue" is irrelevant as the (my) sentiment is still the same; nothing happened here...in the thing I bought...which is disappointing.

I'd just like to point out here that you called the "chapter" in question here an "issue" like I did, and that there are people who 'liked' your post, and also liked the one I quoted above, which tells me that there are many others who also see these digital "issues" / "chapters" as semi stand alone products as that is how they are being sold. It is sort of like how people can watch an episode of TV show and be disappointed in that episode even though that particular "chapter" is a part of a larger whole. Episodes or chapters can be disappointing even if they are meant to be taken as a part of a larger whole. It still comes down to pacing and story telling...which this chapter is a dismal job conveying IMO.

Regardless, my only point was that NOTHING HAPPENED and thus it was VERY DISSAPPOINTING to which most people, even the people who are tying to oppose my post, seemingly agree.
My main point is this is setting up part 2 of the print issue, which is not very uncommon in comics. Yes nothing happened per se but Havik was revealed to be behind the kamidogu slayings, the Shokan declared war against Kotal, and the fight between Scorpion/Takeda and Sub Zero was set up. So while nothing has truly happened yet, a bunch of things are about to happen.

But if it disappointed you that is fair, I was disappointed at the Scorpion backstory chapter so I get it.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Welllllllllllll I finally got to doing this since I've been too busy being hype for A SCOTTISH MKX TOURNAMENT AND FUJIN WHIPPING ASS IN STORY.

Side note: I'm not going to post any tweets where people are asking about their character being in the comics unless it's a confirmation or an interesting answer. He's responding with "Possibly." an awful lot so it doesn't seem worth it.

Anyway, heeeeeeeeeeeeere's tweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeets!

How would Shawn class Havik? Bad guy? Good guy? He's not necessarily a full-blown villain, he just does whatever causes he most chaos...

What about the cyborgs? The dead characters? Are they going to appear in the later comics?

We saw the Shokan army preparing for an uprising in chapter #13....or did we?

With the theme of the next generation being big in MKX, will we see a child of, say, Raiden? What about him and Fujin? Are they brothers? Are they mortal? Will we get an insight into their past?

SHAWN HAS BEEN PLAYING US THE WHOLE TIME. When Forrest Fox cut off his face because of the blood demon...it WAS a hint at Havik!

AND LASTLY...is the Tarkatan blade in Erron Black's weapon Baraka's?

And for those of you who haven't seen, chapter 13 is updated in the OP! Volume 2 has been started also: Blood Gods!

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Anyway, MK9 had three unplayable bosses. We still don't know how many unplayable bosses will be in MKX. It could be Reiko and Havik. Who knows.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I find it interesting how this OW Civil War is playing out, few predictions. But before that, I don't really care about the Shokan history, who's darker, has beards, hair, no hair etc same damn race who cares lol. There's just differences like humans some are black, white, latino, asian ugly, pretty, fat, skinny etc. Same race just different ethnic backgrounds. In other words it's trivial, I'm more concerned about who dies and how Goro gets his arms back lol.

Sub-Zero vs. Scorp-Round 2 will end in a statemate most likely you know they won't kill each other since both are in MK X...

Hellfire Scorpion vs. Kamidogu amped Subby hmmm lol can't wait!

Sheeva and Kintaro will die, or at least one of them will...perhaps Goro's father too.

I think Reiko will die at some point, and i won't be shocked if it's by Mileena's hand the way the comics and game is turning out.

I'm honestly not sure what will happen with Havik, he may get killed but if not very possible he is playable at some point in MK 9 but not sure.

Fujin and Havik are my top two, if it's not either of them then I'll be salty.
Same here, especially Fujin. Fujin BETTER be an unlock some where lol. And everytime I ask anyone on NRS twitter about Fujin, I get no answer. Which leaves me hopeful. Usually if someone is not in at this stage, we get a "no" or "decomfirmation" one way or another :)

Last edited:

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
YO JACQUI'S MOTHER THOUGH

More tweets for you guys!

Will we see Jax in the comics? I think it's pretty much a given since we saw him in the vision in chapter 3 but let's see what Shawn's said:

What about Liu Kang? Will he make an appearance?

What about Shang Tsung?

With there being no announcement of an artbook for MKX, will we get something along those lines with the comics?

NOW. NOW we get some information..........................................................about JACQUI'S MOTHER!
Since we know we won't find out who she is until we play the story mode of the game, will she even appear in the comics?

Is Jacqui's mother Tanya? Jade? A NEW CHARACTER?!

Jacqui's mother is a new character! And she'll appear in the comics but we won't know it's her until the game!

Side note: Remember, two origin stories coming for Sub Zero in Chapter 16 and Ferra/Torr in Chapter 19!

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
YO JACQUI'S MOTHER THOUGH

More tweets for you guys!

Will we see Jax in the comics? I think it's pretty much a given since we saw him in the vision in chapter 3 but let's see what Shawn's said:

What about Liu Kang? Will he make an appearance?

What about Shang Tsung?

With there being no announcement of an artbook for MKX, will we get something along those lines with the comics?

NOW. NOW we get some information..........................................................about JACQUI'S MOTHER!
Since we know we won't find out who she is until we play the story mode of the game, will she even appear in the comics?

Is Jacqui's mother Tanya? Jade? A NEW CHARACTER?!

Jacqui's mother is a new character! And she'll appear in the comics but we won't know it's her until the game!

Side note: Remember, two origin stories coming for Sub Zero in Chapter 16 and Ferra/Torr in Chapter 19!
D'Vorah confirmed as Jacqui's mother

Come on now, her mother is obviously Oprah.
"fatalities for EVERYONNNNNNEE!!! You get a fatality! you get a fatality! YOU ALL GET FATALITIEEEEEESS!!!!!"