What's new

MKX Comic Plot Discussion & Speculation Thread

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
Made this wallpaper from the last panel of Issue 15 if anyone wants it.

http://imgur.com/7Urnu9m
Lol awesome man. I saw that panel and was like "I need that!" lol

Thanks!

Today's chapter was great. Can't wait until the next one. Kintaro was perfect, and the oni warlord was...impressive. Eager to see how Kotal and crew respond, how a special forces / outworld vs. Shokan / oni battle goes down.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Well...I'll update chapter 14 and 15 summaries in a sec, but in the meantime here's some tweets since I've kind of forgot lol.

Will we find out how Goro gets his arms back?

Will Smoke make an appearance in the MKX comics? We've seen him in chapter one of the story mode in the game so far so let's see!

Scorpion's wife and child are commonly referred to as Kana and Jubei, but he refers to them by different names elsewhere. Why is that?

The last we saw of Rain he had been burned by Kotal Kahn. Will we see Rain again in the comics?

The One Being, will he make an appearance in the comics? Will the Kamidogu play an important role in the game?

Osmedirez

MK Konspiracy Theorist
So.. anyone want to discuss the many incongruities between story mode and the comics? Sometimes blatant, sometimes not quite contradictory but questionable? ---- I'd be willing to replay story mode to document if necessary. Sorta want to let the comics play out for awhile longer before I go off on a rant about why this is worrying.

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster
So this new issue about Subby's origins was pretty...me lol. Which sucks cause well I was excited. I want to see what Kuai Liang's life was like when he was Tundra. But does anyone else dislike the way the art is? Dexter's artwork is fantastic.

Youphemism

Goddamnit I've been too busy with the game lol. I promise I'll finish updating the OP within the next couple of days!

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Bet Frost is related to Sub-Zero, probably his sister possibly or cousin something.

In MK Conquest he had a sister named Lisa, Sub-Zero though they never confirmed which Sub-Zero that was. He had traits of both Sub-Zero's.

Would be cool if they did that...

I liked Sub's origin, Kuai Liang. I don't think it was necessary to go into Tundra, he pretty much was in his brother's shadow during that time anyway he was just an assassin really before he took the mantle of the next Sub-Zero after Bi-Han. I liked how Shawn explained the transformation, makes sense. Because the game totally ignored that, we just knew that Quan Chi resurrected him and made him human but the comic actually explains why Quan Chi chose such. lol @ Bo Rai Cho....dude loves to drink haha

Damn, the comics are so much better than the Story mode in MKX.

I've been reading the comics since the first issue was released and I'm really disapointed by the Story Mode from the game, there's so much stupid things going on and contradictions, for example:

In the game's story, Kotal Kahn had some concerns about Mileena reign, because she didn't want to make an alliance with Earthrealm, and then he decide to betray Mileena and take the throne for himself. According to the game's story thats the main reason for Kotal, Reptile and D'Vorah betray Mileena. That's really stupid because there are better reasons for those 3 people betray Mileena than a stupid alliance, Mileena is the "daughter" of Shao Kahn, and Shao Kahn destroyed the people and the realms of Reptile, D'Vorah and Kotal, so my point is that there are better reasons for that betrayal than a stupid alliance.

And in the comics Kotal think the alliance is so important that he told D'Vorah to go with Sonya rescue Cassie and Jacqui, and he did this in difficult war times.
And by the end of the game Kotal Kahn end up betraying Earthrrealm Alliance himself lol...

But what really bothers me is:

Kotal Kahn is so awesome in the comics, he is a true badass, but in the game he just got his ass kicked by Kung Jin. What the fuck ? Kotal Kahn is an experienced warrior, he passed for a lot of things when he was training in Earthrrealm, he destroyed armies with his power, Kung Jin was a thief and looks like a confused person, he always blow up the missions, he doesn't give a crap about his team mates, why in the fuck he got the power to kick Kotal Kahn in the ass ? Thats is beyond my compreension.

Youphemism

I've been reading the comics since the first issue was released and I'm really disapointed by the Story Mode from the game, there's so much stupid things going on and contradictions, for example:

In the game's story, Kotal Kahn had some concerns about Mileena reign, because she didn't want to make an alliance with Earthrealm, and then he decide to betray Mileena and take the throne for himself. According to the game's story thats the main reason for Kotal, Reptile and D'Vorah betray Mileena. That's really stupid because there are better reasons for those 3 people betray Mileena than a stupid alliance, Mileena is the "daughter" of Shao Kahn, and Shao Kahn destroyed the people and the realms of Reptile, D'Vorah and Kotal, so my point is that there are better reasons for that betrayal than a stupid alliance.

And in the comics Kotal think the alliance is so important that he told D'Vorah to go with Sonya rescue Cassie and Jacqui, and he did this in difficult war times.
And by the end of the game Kotal Kahn end up betraying Earthrrealm Alliance himself lol...

Kotal Kahn is so awesome in the comics, he is a true badass, but in the game he just got his ass kicked by Kung Jin. What the fuck ? Kotal Kahn is an experienced warrior, he passed for a lot of things when he was training in Earthrrealm, he destroyed armies with his power, Kung Jin was a thief and looks like a confused person, he always blow up the missions, he doesn't give a crap about his team mates, why in the fuck he got the power to kick Kotal Kahn in the ass ? Thats is beyond my compreension.
There's no need for game spoilers, the game's been out for three weeks now haha.

I don't know if it's betraying Mileena more than just overthrowing her. It doesn't seem like they really have any ill will against her besides when she gets the Tarkatans to attack them lol. Shao Kahn is who they have the ill will against and he's dead, Mileena hasn't really done anything to them.

I do agree that Kotal's a lot more badass in the comics though.

Last edited:

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82

I'm right there with you. That was my biggest gripe too. The 'kombat kids' need to do some major stuff in the comics to earn what they pulled off in the game.

Youphemism

Oh, ok, thanks lol

So, what's your opinion on the game's story compared to the comics ?
I edited my post explaining a bit about how I felt lol :p but yeah the comics are definitely better, maybe it's because there's been more content for them and they just can't fit that into the game. The game's story makes no mention of the Kamidogu, blood magik, anything that could've been really cool in the game. It's a shame but it is how it is :/

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Do you guys think she will last?
I heard in the Kombat Kast Kittelsen saying that one character will die and ppl will be salty about it, i really really hope is not Skarlet, considering she has a new costume and everything, she was placed in the perfect spot again.
She sided with Reiko to meet Havik and learnBblood Magik, so she wants to increase her powers, i wonder with what end, because this clearly feels like a temporarily alliance here. Maybe i'm just stretching too much.

I also like the fact that she has grown a bit, considering that 15 years has passed in the comics, she even developed the ability to speak, during the MK9 era she was a baby, yes she had 1 year old like mileena, so i have to say both aged well. Wonder what powers she has nows.

Also the costume, i've seen ppl crying about she not being able to absorb blood and shit trough it, i think the costume was suited up to that specific mission, since red is easily spotted in places with light, the cammo suit helps to stay in the dark and getting out without being spotted, although Skarlet can teleport using blood puddles and blood splat techniques, i don't think she can travel very long distances without a draw back, basically like Scorpion.

I just hope she is not the one fighting Cassie, i don't want Skarlet to die.

And now i'm dreaming again, NRS knows how to torture me, first they say her chances are slim to the shady, then when i stop hopping, they give me this, only to cringe again hoping she doesn't die and never returns again.

The display of this event makes me wonder what Skarlet would be if she was in the game.
She has Kotal's Dagger, Is willing to master Blood Magik, and her latent power has increased, what shits would she do in the game.

Blood Goddess Skarlet variation?

Youphemism

Do you guys think she will last?
I heard in the Kombat Kast Kittelsen saying that one character will die and ppl will be salty about it, i really really hope is not Skarlet, considering she has a new costume and everything, she was placed in the perfect spot again.
She sided with Reiko to meet Havik and learnBblood Magik, so she wants to increase her powers, i wonder with what end, because this clearly feels like a temporarily alliance here. Maybe i'm just stretching too much.

I also like the fact that she has grown a bit, considering that 15 years has passed in the comics, she even developed the ability to speak, during the MK9 era she was a baby, yes she had 1 year old like mileena, so i have to say both aged well. Wonder what powers she has nows.

Also the costume, i've seen ppl crying about she not being able to absorb blood and shit trough it, i think the costume was suited up to that specific mission, since red is easily spotted in places with light, the cammo suit helps to stay in the dark and getting out without being spotted, although Skarlet can teleport using blood puddles and blood splat techniques, i don't think she can travel very long distances without a draw back, basically like Scorpion.

I just hope she is not the one fighting Cassie, i don't want Skarlet to die.

And now i'm dreaming again, NRS knows how to torture me, first they say her chances are slim to the shady, then when i stop hopping, they give me this, only to cringe again hoping she doesn't die and never returns again.

The display of this event makes me wonder what Skarlet would be if she was in the game.
She has Kotal's Dagger, Is willing to master Blood Magik, and her latent power has increased, what shits would she do in the game.

Blood Goddess Skarlet variation?
I'd like to see her come back too, I mean harbouring blood powers basically makes her immortal in kombat. She'd be super healthy in every battle lol. But I think it does probably take from her to do stuff like teleporting.

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
Cutie and the Beast are freaking adorable. "We eat Tarkatans before!".

And I'm looking forward to Tremor just as much as the next guy, but WTF is up with his pants?

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
"Pretty Death Lights!" I love Ferra so much.

And Damn, Vera!

I can't wait for Tremor in game though...Why can't he be "who's next?" :(