What's new

MKX Comic Plot Discussion & Speculation Thread

Dwarfmp

Enthusiast
So what about sindel
Sindel is tricky, she was initially an ally of Earthrealm, as she sacrificed herself to create a impenetrable barrier to prevent Shao Kahn from merging the realms. When she was resurrected by Quan Chi, he did so with dark magics to cloud her mind, or some sort of brainwashing magic.

It's similar to the revenant Earthrealm warriors fighting for Shinnok now.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Sindel is tricky, she was initially an ally of Earthrealm, as she sacrificed herself to create a impenetrable barrier to prevent Shao Kahn from merging the realms. When she was resurrected by Quan Chi, he did so with dark magics to cloud her mind, or some sort of brainwashing magic.

It's similar to the revenant Earthrealm warriors fighting for Shinnok now.
Mmm, you're right at the beginning. She's originally good and sacrifices herself to create Sindel's Ward to protect Earthrealm. Quan Chi ressurrects her with spells designed to bring her back to life but serve Shao Kahn or at least like him enough to want to be his wife. Then Nightwolf sacrificed himself to kill bad Sindel and both their souls, along with the souls of a multitude of others that died, came into Quan Chi's possession. Now they are all (at least in chapter 1 of story mode) revenants in Quan Chi's Netherrealm army in the War.

I just clicked on of them, why are you posting on this thread? they're clearly spoilers for the game, this thread is about the comics.
Mkx comic plot discussion, and mkx speculations. All how i interpreted the title. Theyre one in the same, just different types of media telling the same story.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ha, Sub-Zero totally stomped Scorpion lol. That's 2 fights Sub/Kuai Liang handed Scorp's ass to him lol first MK9, then once Takeda took away the Kamidogu, Sub went back to normal but was kind of shocked and out of it then Scorpion stabbed him but it's obvious Sub-Zero survives.

So far in the canon Sub-Zero has beaten Scorpion more times than Scorpion has beaten Sub-Zero.

For those wondering the whole Sub-Zero vs. Scorpion debate, all bias and preferences aside:

In the canon:-

Bi-Han Sub-Zero kills Hanzo Hasashi in MK Mythologies.

Hanzo comes back as Scorpion and fights Bi-Han Sub-Zero in Netherrealm, Sub-Zero beats him.

MK 1 tourney, Scorpion beats and kills Sub-Zero/Bi-Han.

Match 1: (between Sub-Zero/Kuai Liang and Scorpion)
MK 2 tourney, Sub-Zero/Kuai Liang fights Scorpion, beats him in Mortal Kombat. About to kill him again but gets interrupted and shocked from behind by Lin Kuei cyborgs.

Match 2 : Sub-Zero/Kuai Liang vs. Hanzo/ScorpionMKX current comic canon)

First Round-
Sub-Zero destroyed Scorpion with the Kamidogu, kicked his ass and froze him.

Round 2:Then once removed Sub/Kuai Liang it's more fair no power amps, but Scorpion breaks out of the ice went all out using demons, hellfire and fire swords, stabs a clueless and shocked Kuai Liang but also tired(as even Hanzo/Scorpion admits) then they take the Kamidogu and just leave Kuai Liang there bleeding but it's obvious, Sub recovers...Scorpion takes Round 2.

So overall I'd say

Sub-Zero (if you count both brothers) 4 victories vs. Scorpion-

Sub-Zero-4 Wins vs. Scorp

Scorpion-2 wins vs. Sub-Zero

Bi-Han Sub-Zero-2 Victories to Scorpion's 1

Kuai Liang Sub-Zero-2 Victories to Scorpion's 1 again

Overall, Sub-Zero has a better history against Scorpion in general in the canon. So Scorpion may beat, kill Sub-Zero in non-canon promotional vids, but in the canon Sub clearly hands Scorpion's ass to him more times than not.

Last edited:

Osmedirez

MK Konspiracy Theorist
So.. no one spoiling the last chapter of today's print comic? Guess it's only 4 days till everyone gets, but it's also still 6 days till we all play the game and at least some of us ignore the comic, at least for awhile. :cool:

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
So.. no one spoiling the last chapter of today's print comic? Guess it's only 4 days till everyone gets, but it's also still 6 days till we all play the game and at least some of us ignore the comic, at least for awhile. :cool:
What do you want to know? If you read the above post I pretty much explained the Scorpion vs. Sub-Zero history to latest issue. Everything else, The Shokan hordes gave Kotal Kahn's group an hour to decide to surrender, D'Vorah said KK won't surrender, more or less while a giant Oni warlord is attacking Kotal Kahn's and Earthrealm's forces. The first part of the Scorp vs. Sub fight, Sub destroyed him but that was also with the kamidogu. Then Takeda took it away, Sub was normal powered and shocked as to what happened, tried to plea with Scorpion but Scorpion beat him up, stabbed him, burned him and left him for dead but Sub won't die...obviously. Since he's in the game many years later.

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
well atleast now i still have a reason to buy the comics, as Reiko is prominent in them, still praying for him as DLC, but i doubt it'll happen

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
There's something I don't understand
Why the fuck have they set up the whole Kamidogu thing in the comics, as in how they're keys that keep Shinnok locked in the amulet, for Quan Chi to then just chant a spell to unlock Shinnok in the game?! It seems pointless to me other than to give Havik a little limelight (which I'm not complaining about mind you since he's cool and all) but it just combines the comic and game storylines needlessly and leads to lots of questions, and it only makes Havik look good in the comics. They could've kept the storylines separate and it would've still worked... But not even one mention of the Kamidogu in game or collecting them or the idea of Quan Chi using them to unlock Shinnok or anything. I mean COME ON, what's the point of introducing them and not using them for their intended purpose?!

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
Why the fuck have they set up the whole Kamidogu thing in the comics, as in how they're keys that keep Shinnok locked in the amulet, for Quan Chi to then just chant a spell to unlock Shinnok in the game?! It seems pointless to me other than to give Havik a little limelight (which I'm not complaining about mind you since he's cool and all) but it just combines the comic and game storylines needlessly and leads to lots of questions, and it only makes Havik look good in the comics. They could've kept the storylines separate and it would've still worked... But not even one mention of the Kamidogu in game or collecting them or the idea of Quan Chi using them to unlock Shinnok or anything. I mean COME ON, what's the point of introducing them and not using them for their intended purpose?!
Hopefully things in the comic dont end before MKX and keep going(away from MKX story) and it sets things up for MK11. or somehting like that

plus we didnt see the blood god in the game right? and i feel that would be stronger than demon shinnok

Osmedirez

MK Konspiracy Theorist
It'll probably be simple. Pretty sure the entire MKX story was done before the comics were even started, so kittelson is writting around it. While the Komidogu are currently locking the amulet, that's not the only thing keeping Shinnok in. In other words: Quan Chi's spell in the story mode wouldn't have worked if the lock were still in place - ie the Kamidogu plotline will be resolved, and the daggers will be destroyed or whatever, before the 25 year mark -- in the comic. That way it doesn't have to be linked directly in storymode because it'll be old news/irrelevant to story mode at that point. So that sort of undercuts the comics completely but it's not really surprising. I feel like it's entirely possible that these comics will be retconned also for MK 11 if NR wants to change any details. So that sucks for us. n.n;

Reactions: Zev