What's new

MKX Comic Plot Discussion & Speculation Thread

He is the one possessing people through the daggers, but that doesn't necessarily make him the big bad and I highly doubt he is.
Yeah, it would be pretty far-fetched having him as the Big Bad. He's probably working for the real Big Bad or something. Still, he's possessing people and shit. Makes me hopeful that he'll become a key character (when he's more than likely only going to be semi-important in the comics like Reiko :DOGE).

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Anyone else kind of annoyed that all of the Shokan but Sheeva, Kintaro, and one yellow guy were all the same shade of beige with the brown scales on their backs like Goro and Gorbok?

I thought that look denoted nobility, as it meant they were the "Dragon" Shokan, and higher than the other bestial Shokan races. Why would they send an army of 90% nobility in their uprising? Where are all of the other jungle cat Shokan, or animalistic Shokan in general?

Even without that, why are all of the ones in that shot the same skin tone? Sheeva is amongst the same dragon nobility as Goro and Gorbok but her skin is darker, meaning that race of Shokan does have varying skin tones.

It's lazy writing/coloring I know, but it still bugs me.

Osmedirez

MK Konspiracy Theorist
Anyone else kind of annoyed that all of the Shokan but Sheeva, Kintaro, and one yellow guy were all the same shade of beige with the brown scales on their backs like Goro and Gorbok?

I thought that look denoted nobility, as it meant they were the "Dragon" Shokan, and higher than the other bestial Shokan races. Why would they send an army of 90% nobility in their uprising? Where are all of the other jungle cat Shokan, or animalistic Shokan in general?

Even without that, why are all of the ones in that shot the same skin tone? Sheeva is amongst the same dragon nobility as Goro and Gorbok but her skin is darker, meaning that race of Shokan does have varying skin tones.

It's lazy writing/coloring I know, but it still bugs me.
I feel like the Shokan ... canon? Backstory? Lore? Is all kinds of over the place at this point. We're also in a 100% different universe so basically anything that hasn't been stated since before MK9 might be retconned out. But mainly the 'Shokan' story is just way sketchy at this point. I'm not sure if it's lazy so much as 'let's not add a bunch of stuff we'll have to explain why it's only in this one image later' and went with something 'safe' that really isn't safe either given the mixed up backstories.. sigh.

NRS really needs a loremaster if they don't have one, it seems from Shawn's interviews that they don't really. It'd go a long way for keeping the more trivia details straight as they series progresses. Nothing has to be set in stone, but at least having a source for details that they want to be able to reference later would go a long way.

Last edited:

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
crazy ending to #13.... At first it looked like Havik was eating Reikoor someshit but then i realized it was some random

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
So any theories on the connection between the daggers and Quan Chi?
I imagine Havik contacted quan chi and told him about the kamidogu keys to unleash shinnok and is working with quan chi in order to free shinnok and wreak chaos on earth realm which probably strengthens the chaos realm or something

Osmedirez

MK Konspiracy Theorist
I imagine Havik contacted quan chi and told him about the kamidogu keys to unleash shinnok and is working with quan chi in order to free shinnok and wreak chaos on earth realm which probably strengthens the chaos realm or something
I'm always a little confused when people think Havik has any agenda aside from Maor Chaos please. He's only been really portrayed in one game, but they really went to the limit to highlight that he seems to not care one way or another as long as chaos grows/flows. He's like a trickster spirit/god. Not really on anyone's side, maybe not even his own. There's a chance you might come out better for having interacted with him, but it's basically a straight 50/50 chance.

I don't think Quan Chi is working with him because Quan wouldn't want to work with someone who will stab him in the face (not the back-too predictable) when the wind changes and the blood code is itchin something fierce. Nah, I think Havik is playing everyone against everyone because it makes things more interesting (chaotic). Of course he has some surprises, but he's hiding in plain sight. His secret agenda is not secret and barely an agenda. :cool: And I love it.

NightTrauma

Kung Fu Treachery
Yeah most likely, but who's the one doing it? Never heard about the Shokan using magic. And what's their agenda, if they're not Shokan? Why give him his arms back? That's what I'm excited to find out. :)
What if...
Goro dies in the comic and Quan Chi brings him back as a revenant? Kuai Liang got his human body back that way. Don't see why Goro couldn't get his arms back in a similar fashion.

Osmedirez

MK Konspiracy Theorist
What if...
Goro dies in the comic and Quan Chi brings him back as a revenant? Kuai Liang got his human body back that way. Don't see why Goro couldn't get his arms back in a similar fashion.
Could be, but Quan specifically got the souls from MK9 via a deal, not sure if he gets Goro's after the fact, just because he was in the old tourney? Just because his spirit will probably end up in NR, doesn't mean Quan gets his soul by default, at least that's how it's been set up. I was hoping a long time back that Shang would return somehow and restore Goro's arms with his mad flesh-shaping skills (the only thing he seems to uniquely do now that Quan gets to do all his soul stuff too). But Shang's been deconfirmed by SK so..

NightTrauma

Kung Fu Treachery
Could be, but Quan specifically got the souls from MK9 via a deal, not sure if he gets Goro's after the fact, just because he was in the old tourney? Just because his spirit will probably end up in NR, doesn't mean Quan gets his soul by default, at least that's how it's been set up. I was hoping a long time back that Shang would return somehow and restore Goro's arms with his mad flesh-shaping skills (the only thing he seems to uniquely do now that Quan gets to do all his soul stuff too). But Shang's been deconfirmed by SK so..
That is a fair point. Even though Quan Chi is a personal favorite. I'd love to see Shang get more love. It's also possible that if Goro's spirit ends up in the NetherRealm he willingly joins Quan Chi to be restored. Who knows. I just can't wait to find out!

Here is my theory, Since Gorbok is going to fight Kotal in one of the upcoming issues and he'll most likely be killed, what if after he dies someone transplants his arms on Goro.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
And...then nothing happened.

Scorpion also found subzero AFTER he massacred a city (they didn't even show that!). Then he got pissed...and NOTHING HAPPENED.

This issue was a tease plain and simple.
Once again, this was NOT an issue. It was the first part of the print issue. These online chapters are basically one print issue split up into three.

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
What if...
I was also thinking Quan, but not because Goro dies. Maybe Quan approaches him and makes him an offer, to give him his arms back so he may get revenge on Kotal and get back his honor. I believe the Netherrealm and Kotal aren't exactly friends, so it'd be a good way to get rid of Kotal.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
The thing with Quan and the Kamidogu: I remember Fox saying something about the connection but it would've been Havik saying those things so Havik knows there's a connection between the Kamidogu and Quan but with the way he said it I don't think that Havik and Quan are connected.

Kintaro will get rekt too I reckon. Tweets coming! Some interesting stuff if I remember rightly :)

Last edited:

Dwarfmp

Enthusiast
Quan Chi got the souls of fallen Earthrealm warriors, not Outworld's. Otherwise he'd have Motaro etc.