What's new

MKX Comic Plot Discussion & Speculation Thread

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
These cliff hangers are killing me.
I'm starting to think that maybe Reiko will be the one dying, that is why they said to no one flip it over when it happen on that kombat kast.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Skarlet will die, is inevitable, when she does, i won't read the comics anymore. I'm really disappointed with some routes NRS took to develop their characters, i mean, all shao kahn's creations and allies are all jobbers, seriously.

So Shao Kahn dies, and all Skarlet and Ermac do is to job?

Not excited with this at all.

The Skarlet costume is dope though, maybe season 2 DLC?

ErMac333

Noob
MKX story mode seems to pale in comparison to the MKX comic.

Reiko, Havik and Skarlet should have been on the main [roster] along with Rain and (redesigned) Tanya.

Save the revenants for DLC.

EDIT: Fixed misspelled word.
Just. This. Of course I'm not gonna start a huge complaining over what's already released, but I share the same opinion. It would be much more relevant to have these important story kharacters in the base roster, and just make those revenants for DLC. I myself thought Rain would be in the base roster, I'm no Rain fan, but I was a LOT surprised... There was so much teasing, requesting, and in the end everyone knew that past DLC kharacters wouldn't be again this time around.

Hope Reiko and Havik have a chance at this game, because it seems for me they are surely dying in the komics. Sooner or later they'll be gone. Not sure about Skarlet though, but I'd welcome her in the game.

Edit: came here for this and forgot LOL anyone knows when we'll get a next issue? I'm afraid I don't recall the right info from the livestream with Kittelsen.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Things i learned about Skarlet in this issue:
Absorbing Strength trough blood is her strength, but toxic and poison blood can be a very potential weakness, which means there are bloods in the game that she can't absorb, Considering D'Vorah and Reptile have a toxic blood she can't absorb these ones, interesting.

Skarlet was born as an evil character indeed, but the she seems to have a tender heart to those who she cares for, just like Kitana is, so Skarlet has feelings and she can get hurt by them as well. I'm not sure who this affect her development but its a characteristic i was pondering trough her MK9 ending

New costume is badass, that is probably drawing inconsistencies, but it seems that when she access her blood magik powers, her armor turns red in contrast with the loin cloth

KuralKing

Never forget The Great Ferra/Torr Scare!
I missed a lot a. Did people stopped making resumes or there's somewhere else?
I think they stopped reading all together.

But the story so far....
- Sonya is a Bitch! :coffee:
- The Shokans declare war on Kotal!
- Kano explodes a Nuclear Bomb on the Shokans on behalf of Kotal!
- Kotal wins the war with the shokans and betrays kano! :confused:
- The Shokans swear allegiance to Kotal.
- They show the reason why Sonya is a Bitch, making her more of a bitch! :coffee:
- Scorpion and Takeeeda meet Shujinko and Havik on the Shaolin temple!:rolleyes:
- Apparently Shujinko and Raiden know each other making Raiden looking even more like a douche in his MKX Arcade ending.:mad:
- Shujinko is being controlled by Havik and Havik apparently kills scoprion.:eek:
- Takeeeda runs away like the lil bitch he is.:p
- Cage family trip to the rescue of Cassie & Jaqui finds Reiko & Scarlet roided out with blood power!:coffee:
- Blood Revenant Jaqui and Cassie fighting against Johnny & Sonya. :coffee:
- Reiko Splits D'Whora in Half and Kotal is at his mercy.:coffee:
- Mileena arrives at the island and brutalities Scarlet legs. :cool:
- Mileena smashes Reiko head with Shao Khan Hammer. :eek:
- Reiko doesn't die with the hammer blow and he is regenerating himself.:(
- Sheeva is the new Shokan Queen and his watching the fight on Shang Tsung island from afar. :eek:
- Shokans make joke about mileena wanting Kotal Blood Dagger.:DOGE
- After his running, Takeeeeda finds Fujin stuck on a wall like a voodoo doll with his own spear.:coffee:
- Havik is controlling raiden with the blood code and he was the one that fucked Fujin Up.:p
- Takeeda vows he will avenge his master Scorpion and end the threat that is Havik. :coffee:

As you can see once people saw the game story and saw that it had nothing to do with the one in the comic, they stopped reading.

KuralKing

D'vorah is dead so about MKX?
Why raiden is a douche I don't remember the ending but in the original timeline Shujinko was schedule to appear on mk1 or is it in this one?
I'm Sorry, it's not in Raiden ending but in Cassie Ending,
Cassie is instructed by Raiden, to catch a 'soul stealer', which she assumes to be a resurrected Shang Tsung. After hunting and killing him, it is revealed that her target was actually Shujinko.

I suppose that d'whora bugs will unify her reviving her again.

Colares

Noob
I'm Sorry, it's not in Raiden ending but in Cassie Ending,
Cassie is instructed by Raiden, to catch a 'soul stealer', which she assumes to be a resurrected Shang Tsung. After hunting and killing him, it is revealed that her target was actually Shujinko.

I suppose that d'whora bugs will unify her reviving her again.
Oh when I watched it I thought it was the oposite she was sent to hunt Shang Tsung as he appears in most endings but she kills Shunjinko by mistake. Now it makes sense then.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Writing up the ones I missed in the OP now, god I suck. I'm on Chapter 19, enjoy the rest that are there for now!

Youphemism

Alright I went through formatting hell since it kept giving me random spoilers but I've done up to 21 just now. It's late here but I promise first thing in the morning I'm catching up, in both updating the OP and catching up in the comics. I've been playing the game so much I forgot but I'll be right back here updating with Shawn's tweets and every comic summary every week. I took on that responsibility from the start and I should've kept up with it before and didn't... but I will now :)

Youphemism

IT IS DONE. I've updated the OP and I'm all caught up so let's get this discussion back on track like the days before the game released.

First things first:
Fujin's back (YAAAAAAASSSSSSSS)
but he has a pole impaling him (GODDAMNIT SHAWN)

KuralKing

So, that f#%ktard Reiko that's not even in the game gets a decent backstory and Ferra/Torr only backstory so far was literally a backstory because they were in the background of another one of Kotal Kahn Story! To Hell With This BullCrap!:mad: