What's new

MKX Comic Plot Discussion & Speculation Thread

Yeah I like how Shawn has given Reiko a meaningful backstory, doesn't make him seem so boring a character.
I agree. I really am enjoying the love Reiko is getting in the comic right now, he definitely deserves it. If only shawn would do the same for FUCKING FUJIN who has gotten repeatedly fucked over in both the game and comic lol

Altsa

Why is Ermac siding with Mileena in the comics? Both Ermac and D'vorah left Mileena for Kotal in the same scene in MK X story.

Are these stories supposed to go together or did they just fuck up? or did I miss something?

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster
Why is Ermac siding with Mileena in the comics? Both Ermac and D'vorah left Mileena for Kotal in the same scene in MK X story.

Are these stories supposed to go together or did they just fuck up? or did I miss something?
Everything thats happening in the comics is before the events of the story in MKX.

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster
I agree. I really am enjoying the love Reiko is getting in the comic right now, he definitely deserves it. If only shawn would do the same for FUCKING FUJIN who has gotten repeatedly fucked over in both the game and comic lol
Yeah Reiko is turning out to be quite the badass. I am really enjoying these comics oh and poor Fujin lmao. He just gets smacked around lol

Altsa

Everything thats happening in the comics is before the events of the story in MKX.
The scene I'm talking about was the flashback scene in D'vorah's chapter. Both D'vorah and Ermac were serving Mileena. Then both decide to join Kotal. I even think that was the moment Kotal Khan's rebellion began, was it not?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I fully expect Fujin to get his time in the limelight when he and Takeda go after Raiden and Havik at which point I'll be spraying my screen in celebration.

Shawn said it'll be explained in time, which reminds me that I'll go look through all Shawn's tweets and post the interesting ones!
The scene I'm talking about was the flashback scene in D'vorah's chapter. Both D'vorah and Ermac were serving Mileena. Then both decide to join Kotal. I even think that was the moment Kotal Khan's rebellion began, was it not?
Shawn mentioned it was just his team's retelling of the same scene, it's bound to happen when you have a game and the comics.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Sheeva is Queen of the Shokan now rather than one of Shao Kahn's minions but I still think she's going to job somehow lol.

LeoMK29

Noob
I also don't understand why Ermac is working with Mileena. I swear I saw a tweet response from Shawn saying Baraka was already dead during this time. But Ermac betrayed Mileena when Baraka died, literally the same time (as we saw in the game). Maybe he messed up? Lol. Idk.

Also I have a feeling we will see Tanya in the comics and she will kill revenant Jade :(

Can i read issue #29 somewhere online? Most of the times you can find it on Imgur, or two Youtubechannels, but not this time. ... ....

KuralKing

Never forget The Great Ferra/Torr Scare!
Oh Yeah Baby, my boy Havik tearing it up! Chaos Always Will Prevail!

wow Reiko, much dead, such hunger, so god! :DOGE

Parasurama

Dragon
Hopefully the story twists things up more..... so it affects the Game story mode as well. Give us Shang Tsung in the comic. Havik and Reiko should be in the MKX game.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Have Scorpion semi die to make takeda shine only to have takeda really not shine just to bring Scorpion back but only after a battle with himself to prove hes even more of a bad ass than his own bad ass self...wheres Xzibit when you need him? like NRS ..there is a such thing as loving too much.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
Have Scorpion semi die to make takeda shine only to have takeda really not shine just to bring Scorpion back but only after a battle with himself to prove hes even more of a bad ass than his own bad ass self...wheres Xzibit when you need him? like NRS ..there is a such thing as loving too much.
It's not over yet. Takeda still has much to do in this fight, and this was only his opening salvo.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah as soon as the Havik vs. Scorpion went down I knew right away that...
Wasn't really "dead" I mean his mortal form apparently Scorpion's side wouldn't allow it and i'm guessing Havik will get the upper hand and then Scorpion will come out of nowhere and tear shit up, free the others and someone will kill Havik, just my guess

I've already read Chapter #33 on my iPhone , but is also part 33 already read somewhere on the internet? I don't see him on Reddit or Imgur... ...