What's new

MKX Character Renders of Johnny Cage and Mileena surface on Amazon

kevkopdx

Noob
I guess another reason I don't like the Johnny render is because the vest clips with his upper arms, killing the illusion. Also, the way the vest is twisting by the waist makes it too apparent that it doesn't move independently of the body, it looks glued to his torso.
ha! i thought the exact same thing! i dont mind his design in general, though

Jordy

Noob
nooooo. johnny again!!! i'm in love with the tarkatan girl but please!!! we already have too many human chars we need robos, outworld, netherrealm ones....leave him out and put someone else in

Last edited:

trufenix

bye felicia
This makes it sound like that cutscene where Raiden traps Shinnok in the amulet is going to happen right away. Or maybe they will flashback to it later.

"Raiden's strength was further tested when an escaped Shinnok’s NetherRealm armies attacked an EarthRealm weakened by war. Ultimately Raiden imprisoned Shinnok again--this time in Shinnok's own Amulet."
The Netherrealm War (which is basically the new name for the plot of MK4) happens right after to five years after MK9. Shinnok loses apparently winds up in an amulet. A bunch of dead chars (but not all) are "freed" from the Netherrealm, and Kotal takes over Outworld.

Cage is a downgrade from his MK9 model. He was so cocky in MK9. The "Winner is" fatality is the cockiest display of a video character in the history of gaming. This Johnny Cage looks like Larry Holmes, flabby and sick.

I think this is my favorite Mileena look yet. I am somewhat shocked that Johnny is in with the inclusion of Cassie, however I think he looks very good. Grats to you Mileena and Johnny fans.

Slymind

Noob
We might still get a young Johnny Cage alt. I think Ed or someone said it was a possibility to have them as an alt skin. It would make sense it MKX picks up right after MK9, when JC and Sonya are still young.
Young Cage is most likely what we see in the story video, where it shows Shinnok being trapped and Johnny is in the background.

BrobaChett

GODSTOMPER
People saying that sub is confirmed Kuai Liang need to stop haha. For one, Kuai never got his scar in MK 9's story mode, he was turned into a cyborg instead. This could still be either Bi-Han or Kuai, both have died. Ermac say's "Your soul is corrupted" sub responds with "Not corrupted, freed" can imply that it's either of them since they both were turned into abominations against their will.

Anyways, Cage will be my main again if he fixes his vest. Mileena needs to give me a french kiss.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Johnny Cage's and Mileena's new designs both look great! I'm excited to see how they will play in the game.

I was re-reading the casting call, and i noticed that:

Both are quite similar.
Not a big discovery, but it's interesting.

Last edited:

Gamer68

Fujin!
I'm surprised Boon gave notice to Mileena on twitter but not to Cage.
Mileena was already shown in the story trailer and you could assume she was playable, so I don't think he really cared much about her render being shown and confirmed as a playable character.

Johnny, though... that's a different story. They have been trying to keep him a secret (even though they have gave hints at him, leaks and rumors have happened, and other things. NRS seems to really want Johnny to be a secret).

Juffalo

Noob
Johnny Cage actually looks really cool. I didn't think I'd be excited to see him with Cassie in the game, I'm hoping they've sort of reinvented him as a character to reflect his maturation in his age (and I assume/hope) his fighting style.

That's kind of cooler than I expected.

They're(potentially, probably) part of an Outworld race with extreme sexual dimorphism.

Basically, it's when a species has slightly differing appearances between sexes.

For example the large male elephant seal, and the tiny female.

So are they lovers? Are they family members? More questions left unanswered.
Lol@ That smug look on his face with his flipper around her. Its like he's saying "this bitch is mine" to the photographer.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Ages ago I was really looking forward to seeing what NRS would do with Mileena, but right now Johnny's looking a hell of a lot better to me. I need a trailer for this guy, stat.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
I'm curious as to who they modeled some of the characters after.

Sonya has a HEAVY dose of Ali Larter in her. Cassie has subtle features of Sonya's face as well.

I just can't put my foot on Cage, since we dont' get to see his entire face.

But the more "human" looking aspect of the game is really refreshing to be honest.
Cage looks like he's modeled after Bono.

I guess another reason I don't like the Johnny render is because the vest clips with his upper arms, killing the illusion. Also, the way the vest is twisting by the waist makes it too apparent that it doesn't move independently of the body, it looks glued to his torso.
Oh good; I wasn't going to say anything about the render quality because people 'round here don't really know quality when they see it, but Mileena's belt also bugs the crap out of me. Clearly the chain links were meant to be circular, but they modeled the belt so low on her that it's literally wrapping her legs instead of her waist, which just makes it warp like rubber when her legs move -___-.

I think Mileena looks cool, but I just can't wrap my head around some of the design decisions they made with her. She's a powerful warrior reclaiming her throne, yet she still wears a slave collar. She's battle-worn, but her hair is brushed and styled. Her mask is sewn together, but her sais look insanely expensive. As much as I'd love to believe that the story explains this, IMO it just seems like they wanted to make her look "cool" without much thought behind it.