What's new

MKX Character Renders of Johnny Cage and Mileena surface on Amazon

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
I think Mileena looks cool, but I just can't wrap my head around some of the design decisions they made with her. She's a powerful warrior reclaiming her throne, yet she still wears a slave collar. She's battle-worn, but her hair is brushed and styled. Her mask is sewn together, but her sais look insanely expensive. As much as I'd love to believe that the story explains this, IMO it just seems like they wanted to make her look "cool" without much thought behind it.
I like to think that it's some sort of symbolic get-up Mileena chooses to garb. It obviously doesn't represent her character in a literal sense.

Her mask is sewn together, but her sais look insanely expensive. As much as I'd love to believe that the story explains this, IMO it just seems like they wanted to make her look "cool" without much thought behind it.
About the sais: I wanna point out that in MK9, she apparently conjures them out of energy. If I could materialize solid weapons out of pure energy and give them a real look, I think I'd like it if they looked good. If they're not conjured, then perhaps Mileena stores and summons her sais from some dimensional storage space that has the added bonus of polishing her weapons when not in use!

Besides that, I see your points about the other design choices.