What's new

MKX Character Renders of Johnny Cage and Mileena surface on Amazon

Is it me or does Ferra/Torr´s bio make Shang Tsung chances to be in MKX really good?

Why make for a new introduced character a Shang Tsung origin without him being remotely in the game?

Just imagine Ferra/Torr´s and Shang Tsung´s intro dialogue...
Going off the fact that Sindel showed up in (assuming) the Netherrealm War portion of the Story trailer, I'd assume he's still inside Sindel and basically dead. Which is so lame, I'll always pick Shang over Shinnok since he's way cooler imo but he's gone.

Excuse me, I need a moment to mourn over this loss

My thought is that she will have an unmasked Tarkatan type variation to satisfy the Baraka fans because he has almost no chance of making the cut in MKX, even as DLC.
He does have a small moveset, perhaps he would work easily as a character's variation. I don't see Mileena creating blade sparks or attacking in a "chop-chop" fashion anytime soon though, nor do I see her planting her sais in the ground and charging forward. Not her style

So....wishful thinking, but not likely :(

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Also some interesting back story on Ferra/Torr:

"The dual being known as Ferra/Torr is mysterious even to their closest allies. It's rumored that Torr and Ferra were Outworld citizens, captured and permanently tethered to each other by the evil sorcerer Shang Tsung in the bowels of his Flesh Pits. They're more likely members of a forgotten symbiotic race, in which the 'rider' bonds with a 'mount.' The rider, Ferra, serves as the de facto brains of the duo, while the hulking Torr is the muscle. It's possible they communicate with each other telepathically, or that Ferra can actually understand Torr’s booming grunts. Found roaming the Tarkatan Wastes by Kotal Kahn’s troops, Ferra/Torr were pressed into service as the emperor’s personal bodyguards."
That's kind of cooler than I expected.

They're(potentially, probably) part of an Outworld race with extreme sexual dimorphism.

Basically, it's when a species has slightly differing appearances between sexes.

For example the large male elephant seal, and the tiny female.

So are they lovers? Are they family members? More questions left unanswered.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I, for one, like Johnny's outfit. I mean we could have gotten something like this instead.
I actually don't see anything wrong with Casper's outfit. He looks like an old former movie star trying to dress like he's still hip and cool. Though I'm surprised that with all the beards going around, Johnny doesn't have one too.

We might still get a young Johnny Cage alt. I think Ed or someone said it was a possibility to have them as an alt skin. It would make sense it MKX picks up right after MK9, when JC and Sonya are still young.