What's new

MK9. Let's Keep The Hype Alive.

Will you continue to play and support Mortal Kombat 9 until it's sequel arrives?

• Yes

Votes: 96 83.5%
  • No

Votes: 19 16.5%

• Total voters

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
Yo I LOVE injustice. But for some weird ass reason I am in the same boat. I started playing mk a lot the other day. I can't even really explain why. I just felt like I had to, and I enjoy it even more now. Also somehow injustice has improved my MK play. weird. Also it is surprisingly active online.

Hruza Da Bruza

Must Mash Harder!!!!!
chakk dizzle said:
Yo I LOVE injustice. But for some weird ass reason I am in the same boat. I started playing mk a lot the other day. I can't even really explain why. I just felt like I had to, and I enjoy it even more now. Also somehow injustice has improved my MK play. weird. Also it is surprisingly active online.
I completely agree. I came into MK late in the game and I never was big into fighting games prior. Then when injustice came out I played it from the beginning and learned a lot about fighting game fundamentals which made me better at MK.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
I just don't feel like playing MK9 anymore. I feel like most of the difficult, high-end competition went to Injustice, and I really don't care for that game personally. Playing online is still subpar. I LOVE MK9, but at this point, I'm just waiting for MK10. I've really been into Soul Calibur 5 though these past few weeks. I'm wondering what kind of cool and weird mods/hacks will come about with MK9 being released for PC.

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
I just don't feel like playing MK9 anymore. I feel like most of the difficult, high-end competition went to Injustice, and I really don't care for that game personally. Playing online is still subpar. I LOVE MK9, but at this point, I'm just waiting for MK10. I've really been into Soul Calibur 5 though these past few weeks. I'm wondering what kind of cool and weird mods/hacks will come about with MK9 being released for PC.

Is SCV still active?

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Bump because this thread seems relevant in light of Pig of the Hut's post.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
That awkward feeling when the game is only going to be released on the platform you use and it's expected to be perhaps the first fighting game you actually (regularly) play ever, yet the general community already demands the game to be put into resuscitation department, and that's at best.

What do you think, will PC release bring anything interesting on the table? Sure, some online community will definiely emerge, but anything else?..

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Done with MK9, though I still consider it my favorite fighting game of all time. First off, I only play online. And the online community and lag just make it absolutely pointless to play at this point. If NR didn't drop the ball so f*cking hard on the netcode, there would probably still be a healthy amount of people still playing.

Another, and much smaller reason, is that I have not played a back to block game longer than one session with some friends since I was about 12(25 now). It took me a while to get used to it with Injustice, and playing MK9 too would really mess me up. I know some people are capable of transitioning with no issues with the controls, but I am not one. I still find myself going for R2 to block in Injustice.

This site will be all MK'd out once again whenever they give us a new game. The Injustice focus right now is nice. MK9 ran its course, and unfortunately the only way it can still live is through local scenes, major tourneys, and at home playing locally...thanks Netherrealm studios for making such a great game be one of the worst fighting games ever to play online! Oh yeah, and thanks for not making it mandatory for people to DL the damn capatability packs, would've been nice to play my main Kenshi whenever I wanted to.
If your still pushing a button to block in injustice then i wonder how long you even played injustice. That stuff only lasted for a couple of days for me...
And online is fine, for me it is better then online in mk9 and alot of known players have the same tought.
And its funny that you come here telling how you think how this site will be mk'd once again, you registered a month ago...

If your still pushing a button to block in injustice then i wonder how long you even played injustice. That stuff only lasted for a couple of days for me...
And its funny that you come here telling how you think how this site will be mk'd once again, you registered a month ago...
People get used to things at a faster or slower pace than others.
Join date does not necessarily make his thoughts about the site getting "MK'd" void. I've lurked TYM for nine months before joining.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
People get used to things at a faster or slower pace than others.
Join date does not necessarily make his thoughts about the site getting "MK'd" void. I've lurked TYM for nine months before joining.
Hey man, sorry if i respond to ppl who trash on injustice. I cant help it. Its too strong...:(

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Pot monster for life, Dizzy got my 10 dollars at UFGT, I did my part.

the East Coast dropping it is the real sad thing, since they were "THE" scene.

Maybe wrong thread, but how active is the community? I'm a noob in injustice but still want to buy this, but is there only pros left playing?

And another question: The komplete edition is coming for PC, will i be able to play it with my PS3 controller?

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
And online is fine, for me it is better then online in mk9 and alot of known players have the same tought.
Block button was second nature to me. Only played MK fighters throughout my life. Though going to the bumper still happens here and there, not nearly as bad when I first started. This game just feels as if it should have a block.

And about the online netcode in Injustice, yes, I know. Its great. I preach this all the time as selling points to friends who I want to get the game. When I was talking about online in that post, it was directed to Mortal Kombat 9, not Injustice. And every MK fan who has ever looked something up on the internet knows that TYM is the best stop for MK info. I've been coming here since the days I used to dig for MK9 info. Even got the news about MK Vs DC here. I was never one to post on forums until recently.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
I'm down with this thread.. Specially in the comparison to Capcom fighters signing up for multiple games while the MK community seems to stick with one or the other. MK9 is a great fighter and should not die after EVO 13.. It is a staple and deserves better than that.

Correct me if I'm wrong... But if IGAU had a block button- or MK9 was back to block- this would be a non issue? Seems to me that the block button issue between the two NRS Games is the straw breaking the camels back. I could be wrong.. Something tells me I'm not :(

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm down with this thread.. Specially in the comparison to Capcom fighters signing up for multiple games while the MK community seems to stick with one or the other. MK9 is a great fighter and should not die after EVO 13.. It is a staple and deserves better than that.

Correct me if I'm wrong... But if IGAU had a block button- or MK9 was back to block- this would be a non issue? Seems to me that the block button issue between the two NRS Games is the straw breaking the camels back. I could be wrong.. Something tells me I'm not :(
I don't think is the block button, is more the dash system.

Cappuccino

Ermac player in training
I actually prefer the block button. But that's probably because MK was the fighting game I grew up playing.

Aof

Noob
I like your post, because as a MK veteran that started playing MK1 in the arcades, I started playing MK again now that it came out for PC. I was hyped, as are a lot of people that now are able to play it.
So, I was kind of confused when I entered this site to know the community, and, while there are a lot of people supporting the game, as Barrogh mentioned there is this strange feeling you get, when some people here think somehow the game is almost dead or practically the most broken game ever released.
I won't be playing IGAU because I couldn't care less about comic superheroes. I started playing MK because I always liked its thematic and characters.
I really hope the game gets an influx of new players, now that it came out for PC, and that the retail version is going to be released soon.
Me, for my part, I am having a blast playing it and while I recon there are some problems with the game, I will continue to play.

An idea: If NRS never releases a patch, and some characters are broken, why not trying to find a way around that? I don't suggest banning some characters, as that would probably be unpopular. But, for example, making obligatory matches with lower tier characters for example? That would be a way to have matches without the typical top tiers.