What's new

MK9. Let's Keep The Hype Alive.

Will you continue to play and support Mortal Kombat 9 until it's sequel arrives?

• Yes

Votes: 96 83.5%
  • No

Votes: 19 16.5%

• Total voters

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I agree 100% with doing whatever we can to keep MK9 alive. What I don't understand is there are gatherings that a lot of MK players go to (WNF and ECT, for example) but no one decides to play/enter MK9 even though you're already their to play IGAU? What's the point in that?
Hey Han, I think that guys who are actively training and staying sharp in MK9 will continue to enter it when it's offered -- but I can also understand guys who have decided to focus only on Injustice. Better to be awesome at one game than less-than-awesome at two. I think the reason a lot of people aren't enetering is because they're no longer training and playing the game much.

And even from some people that were previously great players, there's been some really subpar play in the last month or two of MK9.

I still love the game -- but I don't think it's right to blow the people up that chose to move on.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Although I haven't played as much, I haven't stopped playing altogether. I will be competing at CEO this month if I can.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
I've always LOVED Mortal Kombat! That's the reason I'm on this site. Because of TYM my Sub-Zero is decent. I couldn't even do simple combos when I first bought the game two years ago. I understand frame data a little. Footies. Spacing. All because I wanted to learn how to become a better MK player. I'm even decent on MKAK on PSN. It'll never die down. I'm not a tournament player yet, but one day I hope to win an MK tournament as well as an Injustice one. I personally wish that the Sub-Zero forums weren't dead though... They died way before Injustice came out. @TomBrady please come back! There's still such much more you can do for the community bro.

coolwhip

Noob
Hey Han, I think that guys who are actively training and staying sharp in MK9 will continue to enter it when it's offered -- but I can also understand guys who have decided to focus only on Injustice. Better to be awesome at one game than less-than-awesome at two. I think the reason a lot of people aren't enetering is because they're no longer training and playing the game much.

And even from some people that were previously great players, there's been some really subpar play in the last month or two of MK9.

I still love the game -- but I don't think it's right to blow the people up that chose to move on.
See I agree with most of this, but the thing I don't understand is, why not just enter the MK tourney even if you're rusty? I think it's a pride thing, and some players don't want to be bodied because they're hardly touching the game, but really, EVO is 5 weeks away, the game needs our support. It deserves it. Screw pride. Just go play and have fun.

It's even more puzzling when some of the absolute best MK players are not touching the game because of Injustice. You're right that playing 2 games can cause you to be just "good" at both of them, as opposed to great at one of them, but am I really supposed to believe that guys like Tyrant or CD Jr. (not blowing them up, just using them as examples) would take THAT long to recapture their MK skills?

haketh

Noob
Sucks I can't make EVO or NWM but I'm gonna keep playing MK9 probably long after MK10 comes out if I like it more than it.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Without a doubt there's still a shit ton of things to be discovered in MK.

A shit ton.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
I look forward to blow some backs at EVO.

LBSH, most of the actual Injustice high tier players are just MK high tier players, meaning they'll sign up to MK tournaments.

I have yet to see new people who's first game is Injustice doing anything. It'll be like that for a while.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
no, just bread.
what's ass bread and how does tony t apply? i'm confused

TONY-T, that reminds me, how's the MK scene down in australia now that the game's legal? you still playing
I haven't played in a while, but im always up for a challenge. The game got released officially last month and there seems to be a whole new group of players who are playing online.

i would say i will do everything i can to support mk9 because i love it to death, but right now I'm just an online warrior and not even really good at that. even if i make it to gga while mk9 is still being played, I won't make much of a difference. most(not all) of the responsibility falls on the top players in the community to keep the game alive.

Ze Dingo

D4->F2 = unblockable. Ice Clone = unpunishable.
Seems like I'm the only Indian player :confused: Still, I keep seeking out opponents from India for online battles, and if not, just find someone in the Online rooms. Seriously, there's no scene here, I've been begging arcades and gaming lounges to hold MK9 tournaments and not just the CS, CoD, FIFA and NFS crap we get. Little to no success. I'll die before I drop this game. I love it. Cheers

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
if i wasn't so ass in mk9, or at least as good as i think i am in it like injustice then i would play it, by why play mk9 when you suck at it and your much better at injustice? for example i was able to hold my own and even beat someone like pig in injustice, even in my prime i would not have done as well against him at mk9, and if i keep at it at injustice i'll keep growing as much as top players and everyone else. it was a fresh slat for those who didn't like mk9 or got there late or just sucked at it. i still love mk9 don't get me wrong, i just rather be playing injustice, getting better and hopefully do well at the next tourney i got to.

Czarface

#GiveBarakaAChance
The more I dig through this site the more I want to play MK. I'm enjoying Injustice but I can't decide on a character, which is frustrating me quite a bit, however, Sub-Zero is one of my favorite fictional characters from any universe so I'd always have someone to; at the very least, fall back on in MK. MK seems like it has quite a bit of depth as well. Always a plus.