What's new

MK9. Let's Keep The Hype Alive.

Will you continue to play and support Mortal Kombat 9 until it's sequel arrives?

• Yes

Votes: 96 83.5%
  • No

Votes: 19 16.5%

• Total voters

Vagrant

Noob
I like injustice.

I like how its easier to train and prepare for matchups,
I like it’s originality,
I like the story
I like that it isn't an MK clone,
The sheer fun and ridiculousness of the game is enough to keep casuals and hardcore players entertained for years to come.

But I didn't come onto this site for injustice…
I didn’t join the FGC because I was a DC fan…
And if there is one thing injustice has taught me, with all due respect to Injustice, It’s that MK9 (while still a flawed game) is the greatest fighting game I have ever played.

I love Mortal Kombat.

Like countless others on this site… I’m a complete fanboy of the series, I have been since my parents told me I wasn’t allowed to play it when I was a child when I descovered my first fatality.

I love The characters,
I love the story,
I love the MOVEMENT….
I love how smooth the game feels
I love the poke/footsie wars
I love the emphasis on block advantage
I love the consistent anti airs
I love the learning curve

Yeah we still are stuck with input bug, resets, weird random shit, significant balance issues and of course….. Kabal….

But the pros of this game far outweigh the cons for an MK fan such as myself and I damnwell know I'm not alone..

I’m not saying we need to not focus on Injustice, But we owe it to MK9 to keep it alive post evo, and until mk10.

Turnout for MK at ECT was an absolute joke… At this rate, this game will no doubt be dead after its last stand at evo. The purpose of this thread is to prevent that.

Both MK and Injustice can co exist in tourney and there is no excuse for top MK players to only be signing up for injustice. (It damn near broke my heart to see Jeremiah and Slips both not compete in mk9 at UFGT)

Capcom players have both AE and UMVC3 (Which, LBSH is significantly more fucked up than MK9) and even SFxT

I know I'm going to get blown up by ALOT of people detailing why MK9 deserves to be dead, why it's flawed, why injustice is superior, and why I'm wrong. Thats fine, blow me up... Because for every 10 people shaking their head at this thread, if there is 1 that I can reach then mission fucking accomplished.

I am absolutely begging everyone in this community ESPECIALLY THE TOURNAMENT PLAYERS, To keep this game alive.

Run Mk at your socials,
Run it on stream,
Post shit in the MK forums here
Get hype for it during tournaments,
If you played MK in tourney before IGAU, please sign up for BOTH at tournaments.
Get your friends into the game
PRACTICE IT AND TRY TO FIND NEW SHIT. I guarantee you we haven’t found everything

The life of this game falls directly on us as a community now. It is our responsibility as fighting game players who are fans of Mortal Kombat to:

-Keep The Hype Alive

GGA Dizzy
GGA 16 Bit
Perfect Legend
Tom Brady
m2dave
Pig Of The Hut
Chaosphere
ImNewbieSauce
REO
Joker8417
Smarrgasm
GamerBlake90
Under_The_Mayo
@AU Im Digimon
DJ L Toro
@EGP Wonder_Chef
Wafflez
GGA Jeremiah
Slips
WoundCowboy
xKhaoTik
Booty Slaya
Blackula

@ This whole entire fucking community

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Great thread idea. It's a lot better than reading about zoning being dead and all the other nonsensical complaining threads. You organized your thoughts very well and even though I don't play MK9 anymore, I'll do my best to hype it up to my local community that does still play

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I agree with everything you said, especially about MK9 being the greatest/funnest game I've ever played (not hating on other fighters).

Love this thread man.

It's a losing battle man. I love MK and i'll support it to death, but this site doesnt care anymore.
I've pretty much decided to stop posting on here because any time i say anything like this i get a bunch of shit for it, so there's really no reason to care. If you're not a mindless sheep you're a wolf, and wolves are hunted. that's the way this shitty site works. Maybe mk players should go to a different site like trmk or something, maybe then we'd be able to discuss the game the freaking site is named after. idk though. By now i;m pretty disillusioned with the community other than a select group of tournament players that i consider to be my friends.

ryublaze

Noob
I agree with everything you said, especially about MK9 being the greatest/funnest game I've ever played (not hating on other fighters).

Love this thread man.
Do you still play MK? If so, we should play sometime although idk if my Live has expired or not.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Do you still play MK? If so, we should play sometime although idk if my Live has expired or not.
Yeah man I'm down for some MK. I gotta go to work here in a bit, but I'm down to play tomorrow any time after 2pm MTN. Just send me a message or w/e

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Yes. I don't know why Injustice is totally engulfing MK9. To be honest I thought the game would fail. I didn't even think Injustice would make it to EVO.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
I will always enter MK at every tournament. My competitive drive for the game though has died down a lot however. I may try to mess around and find a way to reignite the spark but for now im focusing mainly on Injustice. I will however always support MK9 cause without it i wouldnt have met most of you guys or ever had the experiences ive had.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
I agree 100% with doing whatever we can to keep MK9 alive. What I don't understand is there are gatherings that a lot of MK players go to (WNF and ECT, for example) but no one decides to play/enter MK9 even though you're already their to play IGAU? What's the point in that? It might not be a main event at WNF, but with players like Tyrant, Krayzie, P Board, ect, I'm sure someone can stick an MK9 disc in a PS3 setup and there would be some hype matches waiting to happen.

Every time there's a gathering and IGAU is being played, I'm usually the first to say "let's get an MK9 setup going" and people still play it and have hella fun with it. We even got Slips playing MK tuesday (he hasn't lost anything playing IGAU, his scorpion is going to catch a lot of people off guard at EVO)!

I agree 100% with doing whatever we can to keep MK9 alive. What I don't understand is there are gatherings that a lot of MK players go to (WNF and ECT, for example) but no one decides to play/enter MK9 even though you're already their to play IGAU? What's the point in that? It might not be a main event at WNF, but with players like Tyrant, Krayzie, P Board, ect, I'm sure someone can stick an MK9 disc in a PS3 setup and there would be some hype matches waiting to happen.

Every time there's a gathering and IGAU is being played, I'm usually the first to say "let's get an MK9 setup going" and people still play it and have hella fun with it. We even got Slips playing MK tuesday (he hasn't lost anything playing IGAU, his scorpion is going to catch a lot of people off guard at EVO)!
His scorpion invisibility tech caught everyone off guard at ufgt... so invisible he wasnt even there :p

Me and denzell are good examples of playing both and doing good in both (despite I havent' done nothing in IGAU yet lol, just wait to evo, things will change), if mk10 is not out then why let mk9 die? SF4 has been around for like what 5 years? and ppl still playing that game like it just came out(pls dnt say "oh it got patches" bcuz that hasn't stopped chars like akuma from whooping ass in that game). Play both and make this evo, which might be the last for mk9, memorable. MK 4 LIFE!!!!1

beautiful post, mk will always be fun as long as ppl actually play it. The UFGT top 8 was quite solid and is an example of how great top lvl play can be to watch, and hopefully CEO and evo follow thru.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I have an MK mexico city tournament in august as well as injustice, so ill be returning to mk over the summer. I`ll tune in to every mk stream to support it. Even if i don`t have anyone to play anymore, ill still support it any way i can.

Long live Mortal Kombat.

It's just that you can't be switching between games here and there because you won't be at your full effectiveness on both games.