What's new

M2Dave's Friends of the Internet Most Recent Injustice: GAU Tier List

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I remember back like a year ago when I made a tier list putting Aquaman in S tier, and everyone used to always make comments like

"Aquaman is overrated, why you put him so high"
"No way possible Aquaman is top 5"
"He loses at least four or five matchups"
"King you are just seeing Aquaman through the eyes of Batman"

I guess I was right all along. Aquaman is OP as shit

I remember back like a year ago when I made a tier list putting Aquaman in S tier, and everyone used to always make comments like

"Aquaman is overrated, why you put him so high"
"No way possible Aquaman is top 5"
"He loses at least four or five matchups"
"King you are just seeing Aquaman through the eyes of Batman"

I guess I was right all along. Aquaman is OP as shit
http://testyourmight.com/threads/current-injustice-tier-list-by-forever-king.37887/

I just googled this, you said MMH was midtier along with BG... BG i can accept... but if at any point you thought MMH was midtier... you lose any brownie points you have just given yourself... how dare you...

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
13-16 was the second time. Since we are talking numbers it was 14-4 in my favor the first time. What the 13-16 set told me is that Shazam is able to make come backs on Bane if Bane has the life Lead. Something i did not think was possible.
So if it went from 14-4 in your favor and then shifted to 13-16, doesn't that mean something in the MU changed that caused the discrepancy?

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
http://testyourmight.com/threads/current-injustice-tier-list-by-forever-king.37887/

I just googled this, you said MMH was midtier along with BG... BG i can accept... but if at any point you thought MMH was midtier... you lose any brownie points you have just given yourself... how dare you...
I'm not talking about that one, that list was before the final patch. I always bodied MMH and didn't pick him up yet so I didn't think he was that good at first

I was talking about my tier list post patch

I'm not talking about that one, that list was before the final patch. I always bodied MMH and didn't pick him up yet so I didn't think he was that good at first

I was talking about my tier list post patch
How could you NOT SEE IT???? HOW?????!!!! i am trying to find that one for you

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
So if it went from 14-4 in your favor and then shifted to 13-16, doesn't that mean something in the MU changed that caused the discrepancy?
Yup. Inconsistency in punishing Raging Charge. Which i figured out how to deal with now. I was playing with Rev for fun and helping him with the MU and he played it much better. Now i have to play it better and see what happens. I still think Shazam wins.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I mean just taking a cursory glance at the MU, interactables shut down any idea of 6-4. Also, there's no evidence of any NW dominating top AM players offline either, so this has to be another classic case of online-NW fantasy.
Back-dash them interactables breh.

Well yeah I can see interactables being a problem for Nightwing, but other than that... Well this needs a full discussion doesn't it? Let's take it somewhere else and not derail the thread here.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
How could you NOT SEE IT???? HOW?????!!!! i am trying to find that one for you
To be fair, I hadn't picked up MMH til after the patch, so it's understandable.

Back-dash them interactables breh.

Well yeah I can see interactables being a problem for Nightwing, but other than that... Well this needs a full discussion doesn't it? Let's take it somewhere else and not derail the
thread here.
Backdashing isn't the easiest thing to do with certain ones, especially while you're on the ground. Not to mention how much the neutral changes for NW if there's just the threat of an interactable.

No need for discussion it's 5-5.

TKB

Noob
Move Sinestro and Deathstroke down to B and Black Adam up to A and I think you've got it.

Sinestro and DS are both good, but have some really tough matchups. They struggle with the top tiers a lot IMO (Aqua, MMH, BG, even DD and Bane).

Black Adam isn't that much worse than he used to be, it's just that a lot of ppl dropped him b/c he isn't Dr. Doom easy mode anymore. Or maybe b/c the best BA players didn't stick w/ the game much and were never really NRS guys in the first place...
Lol sorry bro but you are way off. Deathstroke and Sinestro are both much better than Black Adam.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Yup. Inconsistency in punishing Raging Charge. Which i figured out how to deal with now. I was playing with Rev for fun and helping him with the MU and he played it much better. Now i have to play it better and see what happens. I still think Shazam wins.
We shall see. From what I heard, Rev learned something too.

TKB

Noob
Since when does sinestro struggle with BG and bane? And sinestro's tools are better than BA's straight up except for raw damage. Sinestro has pretty good zoning, great normals, a meterless vortex, an amazing trait, he has only about 5 losing matchups (imo), and a good corner game (even though the entire cast does). Sorry, but a character with all those things cannot be B tier
Sinestro's damage is equal to or even greater than black Adam. He can land 53% meter less with full trait charge midscreen with no BGB. Using a BGB you can get 47% for 1 trait shot meter less, possibly more.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
Since when does sinestro struggle with BG and bane? And sinestro's tools are better than BA's straight up except for raw damage. Sinestro has pretty good zoning, great normals, a meterless vortex, an amazing trait, he has only about 5 losing matchups (imo), and a good corner game (even though the entire cast does). Sorry, but a character with all those things cannot be B tier
A) Bane is pretty bad for Sinestro. Single hitting wakeups, Bane's ability to blast through his zoning, poor range compared to Bane, etc. Much like the Doomsday MU, if you see a Sinestro beating a Bane, it's simply because the Sinestro player is much better.

B) Batgirl, maybe I'll give you. Maybe 5-5, maybe 6-4 BG favor.

C) Sinestro has horrible normals. No lows. Horrible range on his fast normals, and his great range on his super slow normals.

D) Sinestro zones better than BA and has a better trait, but he isn't as well rounded and has nowhere near the damage output. Sure his vortex is meterless and all, but anyone who plays the matchup enough will begin to read that vortex well as it's pretty tough to make it truly ambiguous consistently.

Why do you think you see so few high level Sinestros? If he were so godlike, you'd see him everywhere. But you only see P2W and Wound. That's it. No one has even come remotely close to playing an amazing Sinestro (unless I'm completely missing someone). I'm not saying Sinestro is bad--I think he's really good... just not as well-rounded as Black Adam.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
To be fair, I hadn't picked up MMH til after the patch, so it's understandable.

Backdashing isn't the easiest thing to do with certain ones, especially while you're on the ground. Not to mention how much the neutral changes for NW if there's just the threat of an interactable.

No need for discussion it's 5-5.
-______________________________________________________________________________________________-

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
Lol sorry bro but you are way off. Deathstroke and Sinestro are both much better than Black Adam.
I dunno. Maybe. I just feel like BA is more well-rounded and does halfway ok vs most of the cast while DS and Sinestro usually have pretty polarizing MUs. That's all.

I also don't think the difference between tiers is that significant. I just don't see DS being A tier IMO.

TKB

Noob
A) Bane is pretty bad for Sinestro. Single hitting wakeups, Bane's ability to blast through his zoning, poor range compared to Bane, etc. Much like the Doomsday MU, if you see a Sinestro beating a Bane, it's simply because the Sinestro player is much better.

B) Sinestro has horrible normals. No lows. Horrible range on his fast normals, and his great range on his super slow normals.

C) Sinestro zones better than BA and has a better trait, but he isn't as well rounded and has nowhere near the damage output. Sure his vortex is meterless and all, but anyone who plays the matchup enough will begin to read that vortex well as it's pretty tough to make it truly ambiguous consistently.

Why do you think you see so few high level Sinestros? If he were so godlike, you'd see him everywhere. But you only see P2W and Wound. That's it. No one has even come remotely close to playing an amazing Sinestro (unless I'm completely missing someone). I'm not saying Sinestro is bad--I think he's really good... just not as well-rounded as Black Adam.
Bane vs sinestro is a 5-5 matchup. What makes you think he has poor range compared to bane? sinestro's footsies are literally top 5.

His normals are NOT bad. Have you ever tried to play sinestro or fought a good one?... Seems like you haven't to be honest. His long reaching normals have really quick startup. He has a good d1. He has a top 5 d2. Top 5 B3. I don't see how you can say his normals are bad.

Sorry but Black Adam doesn't do more damage than a meter less vortex, not to mention sinestro has high damage combos as well..

You don't see many Sinestro's because he takes some time to learn and get used to. He's also not the most popular character. That's all.

TKB

Noob
I dunno. Maybe. I just feel like BA is more well-rounded and does halfway ok vs most of the cast while DS and Sinestro usually have pretty polarizing MUs. That's all.

I also don't think the difference between tiers is that significant. I just don't see DS being A tier IMO.
Hey I feel ya man, everyone has an opinion. I main both Deathstroke and Sinestro so I know them better than any other characters. Deathstroke has equal pressure to BA, better mixups, better zoning, better jump arc, better footsie tools... I don't see how he can't be better either.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Wat? I'm not entirely sure how to react to this.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
dude sinestro is far better than black adam imo, sinestro has a vortex, a trait which forces you to respect him and the threat of getting it forces you to take risks, op brainless footsie tools and a pretty solid projectile game... and i don't understand how he struggles with DD and Bane... If sinestro gets momentum bane is fucking toast, same with DD...

Black adam got crushed by DLC and the nerf, he can no longer effectively counter-zone aquaman and raven... zod beats him 7-3 or worst, mmh beats him worst than he beats sinestro, then you consider characters liek cyborg and wonder woman and hawkgirl and batman i here from some... Hell i have even heard LEX thrown out there...

I just don't see it... maybe with DS but ds is a far more balanced character than black adam...
Maybe. I can see your points and it makes sense. The only thing I disagree with is DD and Bane vs Sinestro. I think those are his worst 2 MUs. But at the same time, they're his worst 2 if he doesn't get momentum immediately. I find that those games are extremely one-sided: either Sinestro gets lucky w/ vortex, builds meter and trait--he's fine. If he gets knocked down or cornered by Bane or DD though--he's done, free.

I just find that he gets knocked down and cornered more often than he gets all his tricks out--but that's just me.

B) Batgirl, maybe I'll give you. Maybe 5-5, maybe 6-4 BG favor.

C) Sinestro has horrible normals. No lows. Horrible range on his fast normals, and his great range on his super slow normals.

D) Sinestro zones better than BA and has a better trait, but he isn't as well rounded and has nowhere near the damage output. Sure his vortex is meterless and all, but anyone who plays the matchup enough will begin to read that vortex well as it's pretty tough to make it truly ambiguous consistently.

Bane can't just "go through projectiles" he has to take a huge risk or go level 3 (which is a still a huge risk) to stop sinestro's projectile game with his mondo hitbox... not to mention he has to guess whether sinestro will b12 or not...

Pig has since took it down, but there was a set between max and cowboy at evo and MAX was getting so frustrated he was restarting matches early because once sinestro got going it was impossible... I am sure both players have improved since then but COWBOY showed at the time that it most certainly looked more like sinestro beat bane.

and as far as normals go... b12/b13 are top 5 normals in the game.... i'll give you his uppercut being a bit overrated... but his b3 is amazing also...

Sinestro is overated as a zoner... but his spacing and vortex when you consider air axe and b1 are fucking cheap... you have to be awful to whiff b12