What's new

M2Dave's Friends of the Internet Most Recent Injustice: GAU Tier List

TKB

Noob
Maybe. I can see your points and it makes sense. The only thing I disagree with is DD and Bane vs Sinestro. I think those are his worst 2 MUs. But at the same time, they're his worst 2 if he doesn't get momentum immediately. I find that those games are extremely one-sided: either Sinestro gets lucky w/ vortex, builds meter and trait--he's fine. If he gets knocked down or cornered by Bane or DD though--he's done, free.

I just find that he gets knocked down and cornered more often than he gets all his tricks out--but that's just me.
Trust me bro, sinestro's worst matchup is Aquaman. It's fucking stupid.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
Bane can't just "go through projectiles" he has to take a huge risk or go level 3 (which is a still a huge risk) to stop sinestro's projectile game with his mondo hitbox... not to mention he has to guess whether sinestro will b12 or not...

Pig has since took it down, but there was a set between max and cowboy at evo and MAX was getting so frustrated he was restarting matches early because once sinestro got going it was impossible... I am sure both players have improved since then but COWBOY showed at the time that it most certainly looked more like sinestro beat bane.

and as far as normals go... b12/b13 are top 5 normals in the game.... i'll give you his uppercut being a bit overrated... but his b3 is amazing also...

Sinestro is overated as a zoner... but his spacing and vortex when you consider air axe and b1 are fucking cheap... you have to be awful to whiff b12
Perhaps. But Wound is the ONLY Sinestro you see playing at that level. Maybe P2W, but you don't see him compete as often. Maybe Max doesn't know the Sinestro MU well? Maybe Wound is just THAT good? Maybe every other Sinestro doesn't know the Bane MU well to play it like Wound does?

But B12 /B13 being top 5 normals in the game? Come on. B12 is good, but vs a lot of characters it puts Sinestro in a sticky situation since he doesn't have many point blank options and a lot of characters can check his backdash after B12. I'll admit it's great for checking ppl dashing and pushing buttons, but that's about it. Batman, GL, Aquaman, BA, BG, Flash, all have better strings.

B13 is only good for combos and an occasional B13-Arachnid frame trap.

Good discussinz.

Last edited:
Perhaps. But Wound is the ONLY Sinestro you see playing at that level. Maybe P2W, but you don't see him compete as often. Maybe Max doesn't know the Sinestro MU well? Maybe Wound is just THAT good? Maybe every other Sinestro doesn't know the Bane MU well to play it like Wound does? Good discussinz.
WEll, from my experience in the fights of doomsday and bane... I honestly don't understand why people think sinestro loses to DD or bane... P2W is very good, and his creativity really opens your eyes to the character but he took a long break and he's not as solid or good at the neutral game as cowboy... I think all those could be factors... I guarantee you max got better at it, but it seems hard for bane...

Doomsday's earthshaker whiffs on sinestro in so many situations, and sinestro can just throw projectiles and b12... his only issue with DD is the corner... you ask me it looks 5-5... but you know cowboy he said it was 3-7 before....

I am not the best with either of these characters but from my experience i don't understand how these matchups are considered so bad. I do understand how lethal bane can be on sinestro's knockdown however.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
Doomsday's earthshaker whiffs on sinestro in so many situations, and sinestro can just throw projectiles and b12... his only issue with DD is the corner... you ask me it looks 5-5... but you know cowboy he said it was 3-7 before....
Agreed 100%. The ES whiffing is the only reason I think Sinestro stands an okay chance in this MU. And just to be clear, just b/c I think it's hard for Sinestro or a "bad MU" doesn't mean it's unwinnable, just at least a 6-4 or something similar. Those are definitely overcome-able with patience and practice.

I think Bane/Sinestro is a little worse than DD/Nestro. It's all about the wakeup... or... Sinestro's predictablility/inability to do so well vs Bane. That's all.

Agreed 100%. The ES whiffing is the only reason I think Sinestro stands an okay chance in this MU. And just to be clear, just b/c I think it's hard for Sinestro or a "bad MU" doesn't mean it's unwinnable, just at least a 6-4 or something similar. Those are definitely overcome-able with patience and practice.

I think Bane/Sinestro is a little worse than DD/Nestro. It's all about the wakeup... or... Sinestro's predictablility/inability to do so well vs Bane. That's all.
The thing is, neither of these characters, especially bane, can do anything once sinestro gets momentum

E

Eldriken

Sinestro struggles against Doomsday? LOLLLLLLL WHAT?! WHAT?!

I know some people stated they felt it was 6-4 in Doomsday's favor, but I don't believe it at all and I'm sure others are starting to think that as well. It's 5-5, plain and simple.

Things favorable for Sinestro in this MU:
  • MB Fear Blast keeps Doomsday in check at full screen.
  • Sinestro's keeps Doomsday in check and makes almost everything Sinestro does safe (who doesn't this apply to? lolol).
  • He can walk back after blocking MB Venom and get a free d2 into vortex if Doomsday does d1~Earth Shake.
Things favorable for Doomsday in this MU:
  • If Doomsday has meter, Sinestro has to exhaust his resources (trait and meter) to efficiently keep Doomsday out.
  • Doomsday gets a free dash after blocking Fear Blast (everyone probably does, but whatever).
To be honest, there's likely more things favorable for each one, but I'm not 100% sure what they are. If any Sinestro mains (Wound, Hysteria, etc) want to add to this list or correct me, please feel free.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Perhaps. But Wound is the ONLY Sinestro you see playing at that level. Maybe P2W, but you don't see him compete as often. Maybe Max doesn't know the Sinestro MU well? Maybe Wound is just THAT good? Maybe every other Sinestro doesn't know the Bane MU well to play it like Wound does?

But B12 /B13 being top 5 normals in the game? Come on. B12 is good, but vs a lot of characters it puts Sinestro in a sticky situation since he doesn't have many point blank options and a lot of characters can check his backdash after B12. I'll admit it's great for checking ppl dashing and pushing buttons, but that's about it. Batman, GL, Aquaman, BA, BG, Flash, all have better strings.

B13 is only good for combos and an occasional B13-Arachnid frame trap.

Good discussinz.
Batman has terrible strings what the hell lol. All very short range and mostly high attacks that whiff over peoples heads and can be full combo'd. What strings do you speak of are top 5 in the game?

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
Sinestro's damage is equal to or even greater than black Adam. He can land 53% meter less with full trait charge midscreen with no BGB. Using a BGB you can get 47% for 1 trait shot meter less, possibly more.
True but i was mainly referring to BNBs lol
A) Bane is pretty bad for Sinestro. Single hitting wakeups, Bane's ability to blast through his zoning, poor range compared to Bane, etc. Much like the Doomsday MU, if you see a Sinestro beating a Bane, it's simply because the Sinestro player is much better.

B) Batgirl, maybe I'll give you. Maybe 5-5, maybe 6-4 BG favor.

C) Sinestro has horrible normals. No lows. Horrible range on his fast normals, and his great range on his super slow normals.

D) Sinestro zones better than BA and has a better trait, but he isn't as well rounded and has nowhere near the damage output. Sure his vortex is meterless and all, but anyone who plays the matchup enough will begin to read that vortex well as it's pretty tough to make it truly ambiguous consistently.

Why do you think you see so few high level Sinestros? If he were so godlike, you'd see him everywhere. But you only see P2W and Wound. That's it. No one has even come remotely close to playing an amazing Sinestro (unless I'm completely missing someone). I'm not saying Sinestro is bad--I think he's really good... just not as well-rounded as Black Adam.
A. Nooooooooooo if anyone has the advantage it's sinestro due to the fact that sinestro has good space control against bane
B. 5-5 again, sinestro's space control and vortex make him able to dish out what BG can dish out. Tele is not as good as you think as long as im unpredictable with my projectiles & trait charge
C. B1 is one of the best normals in the game
D. We can change up the timing of the vortex and it's easy to make abiguous. Having a meterless vortex is one of the top 5 tools in the game.
There are so few high level sinestros because he doesnt have that good of representation due to his buffs coming later in the games' life when people either quit or moved to super easy characters or just said "screw it i'll stick with my main." Black doesnt have the zoning, normals, movement, trait etc to even hold a candle to sinestro. All black adam has on sinestro is more damage from BNBs, thats it.

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
Sinestro struggles against Doomsday? LOLLLLLLL WHAT?! WHAT?!

I know some people stated they felt it was 6-4 in Doomsday's favor, but I don't believe it at all and I'm sure others are starting to think that as well. It's 5-5, plain and simple.

Things favorable for Sinestro in this MU:
  • MB Fear Blast keeps Doomsday in check at full screen.
  • Sinestro's keeps Doomsday in check and makes almost everything Sinestro does safe (who doesn't this apply to? lolol).
  • He can walk back after blocking MB Venom and get a free d2 into vortex if Doomsday does d1~Earth Shake.
Things favorable for Doomsday in this MU:
  • If Doomsday has meter, Sinestro has to exhaust his resources (trait and meter) to efficiently keep Doomsday out.
  • Doomsday gets a free dash after blocking Fear Blast (everyone probably does, but whatever).
To be honest, there's likely more things favorable for each one, but I'm not 100% sure what they are. If any Sinestro mains (Wound, Hysteria, etc) want to add to this list or correct me, please feel free.
The problem is getting doomsday fullscreen. Onviously we dominate when trait is out, but we cant get trait out when you're in our face. After mb venom if you see us walking back to get a punish on d1 earth shake then you have to read that (d3 works right?) and make us respect the post-venom guessing game (grab, d3, raw earth shake etc etc). Just a couple things i wanted to point out.

E

Eldriken

The problem is getting doomsday fullscreen. Onviously we dominate when trait is out, but we cant get trait out when you're in our face. After mb venom if you see us walking back to get a punish on d1 earth shake then you have to read that (d3 works right?) and make us respect the post-venom guessing game (grab, d3, raw earth shake etc etc). Just a couple things i wanted to point out.
Yeah, I know there's all that to take into account. It's all about conditioning.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
He would most likely be the best Zod player.

I am not in denial.

The point is, a lot of Bane players down play. They have no clue how to get in, so they cry about zoning and projectiles.
I don't cry, if anything I up-play the fact that in a matter of 30 frames we cover the entire screen. I don't think zoning is that big of a deal.

E

Eldriken

Exactly. So it's not a free dash.
You know what I meant, Pan1c. Are you really going to try and get into an argument over this?

It's a free dash IF HE DOESN'T MB IT. Is that better?

Also, keep in mind that I meant it was free so long as it was a Fear Blast as I didn't mention it being MB or delayed MB.

I remember back like a year ago when I made a tier list putting Aquaman in S tier, and everyone used to always make comments like

"Aquaman is overrated, why you put him so high"
"No way possible Aquaman is top 5"
"He loses at least four or five matchups"
"King you are just seeing Aquaman through the eyes of Batman"

I guess I was right all along. Aquaman is OP as shit
You are one player I am going to listen to when you talk MK X.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
You know what I meant, Pan1c. Are you really going to try and get into an argument over this?

It's a free dash IF HE DOESN'T MB IT. Is that better?

Also, keep in mind that I meant it was free so long as it was a Fear Blast as I didn't mention it being MB or delayed MB.
But again, the point is the mind game still exists. Unless the Sinestro has no trait/meter, you can't just dash after a fear blast.

For example, after a non-MB ring toss from Zatanna, flash gets a free dash; every time. There is no mind game or mixup.

The reason I bring it up is because it's not free. It's exactly the opposite of free. You have to make a read that it's safe to dash unless the opponent has no meter/trait.

Anyways, not meaning to start an argument here, just pointing that out hahaha.