What's new

M2Dave's Friends of the Internet Most Recent Injustice: GAU Tier List

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
I agree move Nightwing to C tier.
Go away Harley player, you're just jealous because Nightwing is dabes.

Hmm I'm starting to think that your hatred for Nightwing comes from you denying your deep-seated desire to play him. You know it's not too late, you can still join us... All you have to do is drop your C-Tier character and pledge your allegiance to Dick.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Coolwhip, cherish this moment, for it is rare. We seem to be in agreement. My only issue with the Ra Helios fiasco was the idea of dismissing someone almost entirely based off who they are compared to who someone else is. I'd take Bit's word on Catwoman, Max's on Bane, and both of them on that particular matchup before anyone else's at all, for obvious reasons, but if someone else thinks they have something that might make a difference and is willing to play in the only capacity he can to at least try to even somewhat back it up, I respect that and would like to see what they can bring to the table. That's all. If someone can prove Bane doesn't get bopped by the Flash I would absolutely love it, trust me.
You know you'd think the GGA Jim guy who has a full year of Bane MU experience and plays it almost weekly would do better in a "bop" MU.

If you wanna reply to me claiming I don't know anything, fine. I laugh at you though for claiming the guy who literally placed 2nd in EVO doesn't know what he is talking about.

I laugh, heartily. You're like the religious people who "speak for God." You aren't a good Zod player, and I can't assume you are a good Bane player since you can't even outseed me with my extremely limited tourney play. Where do you get your sources? I mean I'm in the actual Bane Character thing, maybe i just get to see and read things you dont, but I find it humorous how seriously you take yourself.

Do I feel flash is better than Bane? Possibly, though he doesn't dominate as hard and has a much more difficult time outright frauding someone out, it's possible. However, is it so obvious? Not if you look at the numbers. Bane and Flash are both in the conversation.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
Go away Harley player, you're just jealous because Nightwing is dabes.

Hmm I'm starting to think that your hatred for Nightwing comes from you denying your deep-seated desire to play him. You know it's not too late, you can still join us... All you have to do is drop your C-Tier character and pledge your allegiance to Dick.
Nightwing is far from dabes. Maybe y'all need to see that. No if I wanna move up in the tier list I'll play Bane he seems fun. Nightwing isn't fun

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
She isn't. I played offline catwoman before and played online Catwoman. She doesn't have online tactics. All her moves is punishable online.
Wrong. I cannot punish catdash or stop her from jumping all over the place online. I used to think CW was decent back when I played with Starcharger more. But after I learned more about the MU and played it offline, I am 100% certain that she gets away with garbage online. If you don't believe me, I don't know what to tell you.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Guise it's almost like the cancer that is online casuals should not be used as measurement to evaluate a player's real skill or a character's MUs.

Crazy talk, I know, but just think about it for a second

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
Max almost beat Honeybee the one time they played in tournament. It was a really close set. Now granted, as I said, I don't think this says a lot about the Bane-Flash match-up for now (though we should keep in mind that the game is being fleshed out, at least by those still willing to invest time in it, and match-ups are subject to change), but he certainly gave Honeybee a run for his money. I don't think individual sets are that telling. Yeah, I respect Ra's willingness to put his money where his mouth is. But just because he's willing to play Max in a Ft10 ONLINE does not mean we should attribute to that nearly as much importance as two guys playing the match-up offline a thousand times. What I mean is, until proven otherwise, we go by facts, or at least, what we think are facts.
This is my match with Max at UFGTX start at 59:00

To be honest, the first two games I won were really one sided. It wasn't until the third game where Max looked like he had a chance of winning and he had the whole crowd on his side. This was the first time I ever faced him and he did some things I never saw before that caught me off guard.
You know you'd think the GGA Jim guy who has a full year of Bane MU experience and plays it almost weekly would do better in a "bop" MU.

If you wanna reply to me claiming I don't know anything, fine. I laugh at you though for claiming the guy who literally placed 2nd in EVO doesn't know what he is talking about.

I laugh, heartily. You're like the religious people who "speak for God." You aren't a good Zod player, and I can't assume you are a good Bane player since you can't even outseed me with my extremely limited tourney play. Where do you get your sources? I mean I'm in the actual Bane Character thing, maybe i just get to see and read things you dont, but I find it humorous how seriously you take yourself.

Do I feel flash is better than Bane? Possibly, though he doesn't dominate as hard and has a much more difficult time outright frauding someone out, it's possible. However, is it so obvious? Not if you look at the numbers. Bane and Flash are both in the conversation.
After watching Jim face Max at GBS last week I sent him these tips to help him out.

"One big thing I saw is that you need to make more use of MB LC. Whenever Bane jumps back you can punish it with a MB LC because his jump is really floaty. If you do it too early he can do a body splash to beat you but if you work on the timing you can beat him every time and prevent him from doing so.

Use MB LC more in the neutral game because it doesn't whiff on Bane so you'll either hit him or you'll be +3. After he blocks it, if you notice he likes to do an armor move, use 21 to blow it up. If he likes to back dash, use another MB LC or dash up to blow that up. Standing 21 is often your best move though.

Use B22 RMS pressure! Once you use B22 RMS, you're very plus and if he tries to use an armor move you can use your 21 string to blow that up. The problem with use B22 RMS pressure is that Bane often blows you up for trying to use B22 because he can armor through it. You need to condition him to block more by using the next tip.

Use 21!!! Whenever you're in the neutral game, he will try to use a dash up ~ special move and you can stuff it with 21. Whenever you block a double punch or a MB uppercut, use 21. Use 21 any time he has negative frames and you'll force him to respect it. When he starts respecting it you can mix it up with including B22 RMS pressure.

Whenever Bane goes into lvl 3 debuff, use MB LC to get in. If he blocks it he still won't have trait so he doesn't even have the option to use a special move. He has to sit there and block. Using a F2 can open him up because he will often think you'll go low and even if he attempts to backdash, the F2 will hit him because of the debuff.

Never try to oki bane. You have to respect the fact that his wake ups are god like so the best thing to do is to try to stay just out of range of his options so you can attempt to punish them. If you want to attempt to oki him at all, use a MB F3 if he is on lvl 1 venom to beat a wakeup. If he's on lvl 3 he will break your armor and if he's on lvl 2 he could pump it to lvl 3 unexpectedly to beat that option.

When Bane knocks you down, using LK and cancelling it to back dash can often get you out of his oki if timed correctly and not used in a pattern. As soon as it becomes a pattern he can blow you up for it.

When you're full screen use RMS and cancel it to keep him on edge. Often times if you start running forward, he will try to jump back to punish a LC but you can just cancel the run and then punish the jump back with a delayed LC.

Jump out of tick throws! I noticed that he got you a lot with D1 or D2 into command grab so you have to jump back after a blocked D1 or D2 if he keeps going for that to get out of the situation.

It's possible to punish his MB Venom Uppercut by dashing forward before he MBs it but this is hard to do consistently."

I think if he (or any Flash) implemented the above into their game plan, they could beat Max or any Bane.

Last edited:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
This is my match with Max at UFGTX start at 59:00

To be honest, the first two games I won were really one sided. It wasn't until the third game where Max looked like he had a chance of winning and he had the whole crowd on his side. This was the first time I ever faced him and he did some things I never saw before that caught me off guard.

I think if he (or any Flash) implemented the above into their game plan, they could beat Max or any Bane.
Max adapts slowly. Also I have to ask, are you and Bio brothers?

Also you do the same thing I do. You can ask @GGA Max , I feed him the same kind of information.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
Max adapts slowly. Also I have to ask, are you and Bio brothers?

Also you do the same thing I do. You can ask @GGA Max , I feed him the same kind of information.
Lol yes we're brothers. It's funny how some people think we look nothing alike and some people think we look identical :/. That was the first time I did something like that lol. I often don't bother but seeing Flash lose to Bane forces me to say something.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Lol yes we're brothers. It's funny how some people think we look nothing alike and some people think we look identical :/. That was the first time I did something like that lol. I often don't bother but seeing Flash lose to Bane forces me to say something.
I thought so, you guys don't look alike but you two just seem similar somehow.

Its fun to break things down and analyze them, and yeah I hate seeing Max lose because he tries to play against Lex like he does Green Arrow. :p

E

Eldriken

I thought so, you guys don't look alike but you two just seem similar somehow.

Its fun to break things down and analyze them, and yeah I hate seeing Max lose because he tries to play against Lex like he does Green Arrow. :p
They don't look alike? DA FUQ? You can look at them without knowing her they are and be like, "Yep, those two are brothers."

Also, some people argue entirely way too effing much in these types of threads. I'm no saint, but after a certain point, the time comes to just fucking drop it.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
@General M2Dave why do you feel that Joker sits with the 'D -tier' description when to me it seems the 'C-tier' description is far more accurate.
Originally, Joker was listed as the last character in C but was then switched to the first character in D. The difference is insignificant in my opinion.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
From the best I know with this game this a good tier list imo. Don't know all the match ups and sure as hell don't have experience/ match up knowledge outside of streams, casual play with friends & online (casual play), tournaments/locals I never practiced for and what i have read on here since injustice dropped but like I said good list imo .

Also as i see some have a difference in opinion however this tier list was created by m2dave and others this is their opinion and many others here. Don't get so upset if u have a difference in opinion as i didn't see this is "the final injustice tier list brought to u by the community"

Anyway good list again imo .

Oh @G4S Claude VonStroke remember when we almost dqed ourselves from in justice at ajs last event heh. Anyway u bodied my poor day 1 catwomen with your day 1 frost ; p

Billy Dha Kid

Day 1 phenomenal grab immune
From S to D. No pluses or minuses. In order within the tier.

S Tier Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, Zod, Batgirl‏

These characters have characteristics that are clearly the best in the game. They have tools that dictate the entire pace of the match. They can approach and break down opponents with ease. They have several dominant match ups.

A Tier The Flash, Bane, Superman, Sinestro, Doomsday, Deathstroke, Wonder Woman, Batman‏‏

These characters have very powerful tools and mix ups but have to work a little harder in the neutral game than the S tier characters to break down opponents. They have dominant match ups with a limited number of losing match ups.

B Tier Black Adam, Green Lantern, Nightwing, Lobo, Raven, Lex Luthor, Killer Frost‏‏

These characters are well-balanced. They have as many strengths as weaknesses. They perform well against the cast but have one or two very difficult match ups.

C Tier Solomon Grundy, Shazam, Catwoman, Zatanna, Harley Quinn, Hawkgirl.

These characters struggle to break down opponents in the neutral game but are capable of performing high bursts of damage. On the correct guess, they can force repeated mix ups, but they have some very difficult match ups.

D Tier Joker, Green Arrow, Cyborg, Ares, Scorpion‏‏‏

These characters have conspicuous flaws and weaknesses. They cannot break down opponents in the neutral game and their mix ups are either nonexistent or very low in damage. They have several very difficult match ups.

---

Contributions by the Skype Illuminati

AK Pig of the Hut
@Blind_Ducky
@cR_whiteboi
@GGA 16 Bit
@Hysteria
@KingHippo
@GGA pimpimjim
@rev0lver
@Slips
@WoundCowboy
Does your tier list say that Grundy is the best C tier character and better than the ones after him?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I get the following impression reading Bane players' posts.

Unless Bane...

1) closes the gap for free
2) dominates the opponent in footsies
3) ignores every single wake up attack from the opponent

...the match is apparently too hard.

Too bad Dizzy never cared about Injustice to use Bane. Someone with his patience and mid range game would have brought out the best in the character.

The point is, I highly doubt Sinestro and Zatanna are these incredibly difficult match ups.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
They don't look alike? DA FUQ? You can look at them without knowing her they are and be like, "Yep, those two are brothers."

Also, some people argue entirely way too effing much in these types of threads. I'm no saint, but after a certain point, the time comes to just fucking drop it.
I dunno, I just don't see it.

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
I get the following impression reading Bane players' posts.

Unless Bane...

1) closes the gap for free
2) dominates the opponent in footsies
3) ignores every single wake up attack from the opponent

...the match is apparently too hard.

Too bad Dizzy never cared about Injustice to use Bane. Someone with his patience and mid range game would have brought out the best in the character.

The point is, I highly doubt Sinestro and Zatanna are these incredibly difficult match ups.
Zatanna is a legit bitch for bane to deal with. Sinestro on the other hand is probably even (Imo sin has a small advantage, but not enough for the mu to be in his favor).

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
@HoneyBee First of all, you and your brother look like brothers, everyone who says other wise is blind, unless they only seen you guys on stream of something.

2nd i personally think bane is just as Free on wake up as everyone else is. bane has double punch wake up, command grab wake up and air venom wake up, plus charge. everything one of those moves besides venom uppercut can be option select punish with 21 LK if timed right. so after ending in LC dash up twice and 21 LK should blow up everything except uppercut, once you have baited the uppercut then you can block it and dash under or punish. i know its a guessing game but making bane one dimensional one wake up is hella better and a taste of his own medicine on set play.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
@HoneyBee First of all, you and your brother look like brothers, everyone who says other wise is blind, unless they only seen you guys on stream of something.

2nd i personally think bane is just as Free on wake up as everyone else is. bane has double punch wake up, command grab wake up and air venom wake up, plus charge. everything one of those moves besides venom uppercut can be option select punish with 21 LK if timed right. so after ending in LC dash up twice and 21 LK should blow up everything except uppercut, once you have baited the uppercut then you can block it and dash under or punish. i know its a guessing game but making bane one dimensional one wake up is hella better and a taste of his own medicine on set play.
I've never seen that done before. If you could post a video on that, it would be great. I think if what you're saying is true and works consistently, the MU would be even more favorable for Flash. I'll test that out when I get home tonight.