What's new

General/Other - Liu Kang Liu Kang Dragon's Fire & Flame Fist General Discussion

LucaTheRipper

RULES OF NATURE!
He hasn't won anything yet because he isn't a braindead character like Erron Black.
Dude, do you know what a braindead character means? Have you ever played with Erron? Don't talk shit then, he's far from being a braindead char, it takes skill to master him if you are saying this only bcause sonicfox won several tournaments you should rethink your concepts of braindead and skilled.

SEV

Noob
You're not updated then.
Is that patch supposed to be out for Xbone already, again? Mine hadn't updated yet and I assumed it would just come out tomorrow with predator for xbox users. Had to reinstall the whole game last time to get that last patch two weeks ago; hard resetting the game and xbone wasn't prompting my system to patch. That's gonna get pretty annoying if I have to do it every time to get the patches from now on.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Is that patch supposed to be out for Xbone already, again? Mine hadn't updated yet and I assumed it would just come out tomorrow with predator for xbox. Had to reinstall the whole game last time to get that last patch two weeks ago; hard resetting the game and xbone wasn't prompting my system to patch. That's gonna get pretty annoying if I have to do it every time to get the patches from now on.
You Xbox guys still waiting on the patch?

SEV

Noob
You Xbox guys still waiting on the patch?
I haven't gotten mine yet, but last time it had been out for more than a few day before I heard xbox users were supposed to have it already. I don't know why it doesn't automatically patch for some people; only thing that worked for me was re-installing the whole game, and Predator is still blacked out on my character select screen as well.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
I haven't gotten mine yet, but last time it had been out for more than a few day before I heard xbox users were supposed to have it already.
Okay. Sorry I jumped the gun then @Marvaz but be ready to lose a bunch of combos when you do get the latest patch.

Wrubez

The Flow Instructor
Yeah man in game I can really only do one 213 fbc then the next one forces me to dash. Even two (let alone three which is just a dash anyway) takes incredible timing and Ive only ever done two in a row in practice. You gotta like be hitting the next 213 the microsecond that you run cancel or you'll only get to do one everytime. Props to the consistency in that video. Very tough to do when the fists start flying for real though.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
It's pretty tough but I can manage pretty well. Trick imo is to realize you have more time than you think. I was doing it at casuals the other day and it seemed broke. @ando1184

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
It's pretty tough but I can manage pretty well. Trick imo is to realize you have more time than you think. I was doing it at casuals the other day and it seemed broke. @ando1184
When are you inputting bf1 and holding to run? Maybe I'm doing it too early or too late. Sometimes I get just the fireball on block and no run cancel and it's quite rage inducing to get punished for it. I'm like 80% consistent in match which of course I want to increase

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
I realize that after the 3rd f213 you can backdash, but a slight change in b1 timing afterwards can hit most backdashes. Won't beat faster armor but will beat backdashes.

xQUANTUMx

You can check their movement by ex DK'ing them before the third one too, you get a combo leaving you at over +20 for a free follow up. They have to basically guess

Shtutik

Noob
Ayyyy dat pressure doe
My fingers are still too retarded to get 3 fbrc for one stamina bar.....shit is hard (for me anyway)
what ? 3 rd fireball cancel ? its 3rd DASH cancel in the video. lol wtf just tested it you are still a lot + frames after that didnt even know this. So they can backdash this ? thats the only option ?

Last edited:

Ayane

Noob
oh good y'all are finally catching up on the DF tech haha. This is why I was saying it was better than FF, even when FF was buff. You're like +4 on f213 dash cancel. I assume they will eventually hit Liu's FBRC just like Dvorah and scorp. Then I bet they will also take out the no landing recovery on IAFB while they are in hit stun. Then I can stop having fun in this game lol.

Wrubez

The Flow Instructor
oh good y'all are finally catching up on the DF tech haha. This is why I was saying it was better than FF, even when FF was buff. You're like +4 on f213 dash cancel. I assume they will eventually hit Liu's FBRC just like Dvorah and scorp. Then I bet they will also take out the no landing recovery on IAFB while they are in hit stun. Then I can stop having fun in this game lol.
Yeah I've been doing the fbc f213 string for a long time now and it is one of the best , if not the best, pressure tools in the game. They better not change it. It's literally what makes DF a viable character.

Ayane

Noob
For sure, but you've seen what happens when NRS is shown that Liu has nice things and stands a chance lol.

xQUANTUMx

what ? 3 rd fireball cancel ? its 3rd DASH cancel in the video. lol wtf just tested it you are still a lot + frames after that didnt even know this. So they can backdash this ? thats the only option ?
Oh my b, it looked like he was still using stamina. Dash cancel is still like +5 right?

Ever since the latest patch i cant do flame fist cancel combos anymore. I know they said the frame values were switched but now it just doesn't feel right. Is anyone else having this problem

Alakai

Noob
Ever since the latest patch i cant do flame fist cancel combos anymore. I know they said the frame values were switched but now it just doesn't feel right. Is anyone else having this problem
They didn't just switch the frames, they also made wp~ex sf~f44 impossible (or at the very least I can't do it no matter the timing). In the corner you can do wp~ex sf~wp. Midscreen the only way you're activating sf mid combo is off a string and not after wp. B12 exsf 112 wp does about 28%. F44 exsf can be followed up with a very well timed f1 but the 2 in f12 always seems to whiff for me so you'd have to do f1 wp. F1 wp is just annoying to input for me though so off a f44 I go straight into wp at the moment and go for a mixup. I don't really use 112 in my game so I'm not sure about using that for combos.

They didn't just switch the frames, they also made wp~ex sf~f44 impossible (or at the very least I can't do it no matter the timing). In the corner you can do wp~ex sf~wp. Midscreen the only way you're activating sf mid combo is off a string and not after wp. B12 exsf 112 wp does about 28%. F44 exsf can be followed up with a very well timed f1 but the 2 in f12 always seems to whiff for me so you'd have to do f1 wp. F1 wp is just annoying to input for me though so off a f44 I go straight into wp at the moment and go for a mixup. I don't really use 112 in my game so I'm not sure about using that for combos.
i had no idea. My liu combos feel kind of dead now. Along with my hype

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
FF is fine now that it requires thought. I hope that they nerf the braindead fireball cancels in DF, keep them plus but people need to have options other than just blocking.