What's new

General/Other - Liu Kang Liu Kang Dragon's Fire & Flame Fist General Discussion

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
You're overreacting kaseyk, just like you were with Hawkgirl.
Liu is solid calm down. He doesn't need the meterless SF into jazz hands he's still hella good without it, plus you can still do it for a bar. SF zoning is still beefy as well.

kaseyk

Noob
You're overreacting kaseyk, just like you were with Hawkgirl.
Liu is solid calm down. He doesn't need the meterless SF into jazz hands he's still hella good without it, plus you can still do it for a bar. SF zoning is still beefy as well.
i never had a bad thing to say about hg shes perfect ;)

kaseyk

Noob
i played ff from the start the buffs are great dont get me wrong .

just they do not change his weakness of AA , low profile and small body whiffs , no overhead threat .
the meterless jazz hands added alot , likely to much but it was nice well it lasted lol

@TrulyAmiracle do you disagree with my B rating or lower mid tier placement ? he doesn't really dominate any character that i can think of but he does get beat pretty handily by a few top characters . what is it he has that myself ( i am a day 1 liu main ) and others are not seeing ?

p.s i never overreacted about anything with hg .

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
I think he's low A at the very worst, DF has one of the few (only?) remaining FBC that's a true blockstring, he has a + on block d3, good reaching normals and buttons, really good low starter, great damage, armor breaking normal, safe string ender and armor move, great walkspeed, zoning options and they get better in FF with flame on, great chip potential in FF.

AA is an issue with most of the cast not just LK, I get good mileage off of his d2 and low-profile d3/b4 but yeah it could be better..

He beats Jacqui, Mileena, Kotal, JC and F/T imo. Some of the top characters give him trouble I'll give you that, but that goes for almost all the cast, which is why they're top tier >__>

Shtutik

Noob
Dragon's fire is the best pressure character in the game and is one of the best characters in the game.
ehh so where is DF in tournaments ? why s nobody uses him ? DF liu won NOTHING unless some noname tournaments with bad players and liu players not even using fbrc. Maybe he s not that good , not one of the BEST for sure

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
ehh so where is DF in tournaments ? why s nobody uses him ? DF liu won NOTHING unless some noname tournaments with bad players and liu players not even using fbrc. Maybe he s not that good , not one of the BEST for sure
He hasn't won anything yet because he isn't a braindead character like D'Vorah, Raiden, or Erron Black where they come in with a barrage of 50/50s in hopes catching the opponent not knowing how to block.

It'll take some time before people start showing just how ridiculous he can be with his endless pressure of the cancels and MB dragon kick.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
Dragon's fire is the best pressure character in the game and is one of the best characters in the game.
Woah iono bout best characters lol. Lets not get too excited.. He has great pressure but it doesn't lead to much other than throws n b2s

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Woah iono bout best characters lol. Lets not get too excited.. He has great pressure but it doesn't lead to much other than throws n b2s
Besides an overhead what is he lacking?

His zoning is very good thanks to low fireball being able to low profile, he can cheese you out with Mid fireballs, he also has access to IAFBs and can combo you from full screen if you jump into it.

His pressure is insane as long as you aren't extremely obvious, I could go on for days on all the traps and setups he has, and if at any moment you see you're running out of stamina you just do a b12 Mb dragon kick(which also allows you to pressure characters for free on wakeup if you have a bar) to stay at plus 2.

Then there's things like his 6 frame f1, d3 being +1, his good range on his normals, high damaging combos, free wakeup pressure, etc. However he does require ALOT of skill to play at the highest level which we will not see until the end of this year and by then he will be safe from the nerf bat and people with see how good he is.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
He didn't need an overhead. He needs neutral strings to stagger to make his mechanics work correctly. No 5050 then u neeed staggers
I never said he needs an overhead, I'm just saying that he has everything that a character could want except an overhead.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
yah zero on block strings to stagger.. like devorah f1 string etc.. 111 would be nice if it actually hit mid
0 on block= stagger? You mean you can stagger your pressure after tho I'm assuming coz you're neutral?
maybe I'm seeing a different meaning but in tekken stagger means you can alter the timing of the strings' hits which afaik isn't something in MK.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
0 on block= stagger? You mean you can stagger your pressure after tho I'm assuming coz you're neutral?
maybe I'm seeing a different meaning but in tekken stagger means you can alter the timing of the strings' hits which afaik isn't something in MK.
basically a full string you can stagger half of it and itss zero on block.. so theyhave to guess if you're finishing the fullstring or not

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
basically a full string you can stagger half of it and itss zero on block.. so theyhave to guess if you're finishing the fullstring or not
ok I get it, that's really what you think LK needs? He had that before the frame fix patch I think?
Jacqui has that with 1212 as all the hits are +2 and the last 2 has a slight delay in the animation (no gap), but it's never used for "stagger pressure" from what I've seen.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
ok I get it, that's really what you think LK needs? He had that before the frame fix patch I think?
Jacqui has that with 1212 as all the hits are +2 and the last 2 has a slight delay in the animation (no gap), but it's never used for "stagger pressure" from what I've seen.
yah he used to have it.. and it really is what i believe he needs back

RM_Gamer

Noob
Does anybody have issues canceling dd1 into windmill punch? It's easy when u cancel into db2. I wish the cancel window was bigger

Marvaz

come at me
What exactly was fixed in the patch? I can still do f44 regular dd1 into f44 and i can still do f44wp regular dd1 into f44 etc

Ayane

Noob
You on xb1 marv?

All I need for Liu is his 111 string to connect on crouch blockers on the whole cast. It would also be nice if he had a few more normals with hitboxes as redic as b4 but hey that would be icing on the cake.

RM_Gamer

Noob
What exactly was fixed in the patch? I can still do f44 regular dd1 into f44 and i can still do f44wp regular dd1 into f44 etc
recovery frames on dd1 was increased so those midscreen combos dont work anymore, not even ex dd1. u can still do f44~wp~dd1~wp in the corner but canceling dd1 into wp is a bitch

Marvaz

come at me
You on xb1 marv?

All I need for Liu is his 111 string to connect on crouch blockers on the whole cast. It would also be nice if he had a few more normals with hitboxes as redic as b4 but hey that would be icing on the cake.
Yes I am.