What's new

General/Other - Liu Kang Liu Kang Dragon's Fire & Flame Fist General Discussion

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
This is the exact MKX mindset that I'm talking about, it is absolutely bollocks. Considering that b12 fb rc is still plus, breaks armour, and confirms into a combo, and the fact that it and f44 catch a lot of backdashes AND the fact that you can punish the vast majority of launching armour moves in this game, what you have just said is a ridiculous way to think.
b12 rc plus, plays liu kang.. k dood

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
This is the exact MKX mindset that I'm talking about, it is absolutely bollocks. Considering that b12 fb rc is still plus, breaks armour, and confirms into a combo, and the fact that it and f44 catch a lot of backdashes AND the fact that you can punish the vast majority of launching armour moves in this game, what you have just said is a ridiculous way to think.
Maybe and i respect your opinion here.
but i have a few questions.
Do you play kang? i mean seriously? and tell me if it is so unfair why can he not be considered a top tier then?
kung lao has great freaking pressure and is top tier.

Last edited:

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
b12 FBRC is not plus....

@phospherrax stop trying to get liu nerfed and focus on trying to nerf things that are more broken with the high tier characters. LEAVE BRITTANY ALONE! opps i mean LEAVE LIU KANG ALONE!!! LEAVE HIM ALONEEE! :, ( :, (

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I can hit the armour of Tempest Lao's 7f reversal with my 8f standing 1 out of b12 fb rc.

If there is something I do not understand about the mechanics of this game then please enlighten me and I will hold that.

Even if I am wrong, no one has said anything else about the other points I just brought up, just focused on one incorrect frame statement.

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
I can hit the armour of Tempest Lao's 7f reversal with my 8f standing 1 out of b12 fb rc.

If there is something I do not understand about the mechanics of this game then please enlighten me and I will hold that.

Even if I am wrong, no one has said anything else about the other points I just brought up, just focused on one incorrect frame statement.
Because nothing you say is making sense

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
Inform me why.
OK we give you the option to do something everytime we fbrc, you can armor though my next move or backdash, but if I make the right reads you will get punish everytime, if you backdash I can hit you with db2 or run after the cancel and get 30%+ or if you try to armor through I can just b12 for the same amount. So would rather have the option to do something even though its possible for you to get punish or take the 10% chip

SEV

Noob
Inform me why.
You seem to think that run cancel pressure that leads into, at best, a throw + whatever chip they had before the throw, is over powered, then attempted to compare it to Scorpion's that led into a 30%+ meterless vortex and/or an extra, guaranteed 15% chip block string with Hellfire up.

You're saying that FF F44 cancels were broke; on hit they yielded about 6% more damage, still only mid 30%'s, and on block led into next to nothing realistically.

If you block low and don't kill yourself eating fireballs while getting in, then Liu has a hard time killing you. All he has is chip, a 7% overhead or a throw.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
You seem to think that run cancel pressure that leads into, at best, a throw + whatever chip they had before the throw, is over powered, then attempted to compare it to Scorpions that led into a meterless vortex or a guaranteed 15% chip block string with Hellfire up.

You're saying that FF F44 cancels were broke; on hit they yielded about 6% more damage, still only mid 30%'s, and on block led into next to nothing realistically.

If you block low and don't kill yourself eating fireballs while getting in, then Liu has a hard time killing you. All he has is chip, a 7% overhead or a throw.
What vortex does Scorpion have? The 25f reactable overhead? This talking point needs to die, he had a vortex in week 1 when people couldn't react, but people who play a Hellfire Scorpion regularly react to that 8 times out of 10.

What I think is stupid about it is that the opponent has no option but to block. Everyone is saying bruh it's just 10% chip into a mixup, but that is 10% that they can't do anything about in the corner. How is that fair? In my opinion it is stupid that a character has something that takes away every option you have. It's the reason Hellfire's cancels got nerfed, so why should DF have them. Giving people the option to counter means Liu Kang has more ways to blow them up, so opening them up isn't as hard as when people just have to block, giving Kang a bar of meter for free.

Ralenzo

Noob
Maybe try saving your meter and alpha counter if u dislike eating that 10% chip so much?
It pushes your opponent full screen and gives u ton of room to work with.

good find from phosfferax though . b12 fb rc is actually plus 3 . i can beat out kl 7 frame reversal spin with s1 at 8 frames. but hard to do. obviously not plus 2 as the spin wud trade as specials take a frame less to come out unlike normals. i gotta practice that though. good find.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
good find from phosfferax though . b12 fb rc is actually plus 3 . i can beat out kl 7 frame reversal spin with s1 at 8 frames. but hard to do. obviously not plus 2 as the spin wud trade as specials take a frame less to come out unlike normals. i gotta practice that though. good find.
Dude that's only if you're unblocking. Kang isn't unblocking, so his s1 will come out in 6f, 1f faster than the spin.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Do I get to blow up @Derptile and @WITNESS and @KH_Seraph and @RM AtK! for thinking b12 fb rc was negative?

Apparently I'm out of touch with the character, despite the fact you're all probably going on week 1 estimations of frame data.
Mmm, If it is so than I concede it. I tested it out when I first started playing the character so my FBRCs might have been off. But I remember me and Strykie tested it and we were sure it was negative, other players like Curbo also put b12 FBRC at being negative.

Maybe they gave it a stealth buff during the flame fist shenanigans. I don't own the game right now, but test it by recording it and not setting the AI to reversal. Sometimes it spazzes out.

Last edited:
Dude that's only if you're unblocking. Kang isn't unblocking, so his s1 will come out in 6f, 1f faster than the spin.
he cant do 111 into 111 and beat kl 7 frame spin and hes not blocking there he trades. yet if ur opponent does a 6 frame move after his 111 it will trade with your next 1. so if ur plus 2 after the b12fb rc then the spin wud win as hes blocking and isnt actually minus 2 when he spins reversals hed be minus 1, if he followed with a normal hed be minus 2. im not claiming im right but just wondering. so itd have to be plus 3 in order for it too work ? :eek: