What's new

General/Other - Liu Kang Liu Kang Dragon's Fire & Flame Fist General Discussion

Saviorself

Noob Saibot
Hey it's not my fault that NRS know about as much of their own frame data as Stevie Wonder when his furniture gets rearranged :DOGE
they messed up so bad and said they "rearranged" his moves but all the properties were fucked along with it. Bug or not, a nerf is still a nerf.

WHY did they take away f44 connecting after even an exSF!?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
they messed up so bad and said they "rearranged" his moves but all the properties were fucked along with it. Bug or not, a nerf is still a nerf.

WHY did they take away f44 connecting after even an exSF!?
Don't feel bad. Dualist was never able to do any of those things.

Are you guys sure the timing isn't just tight? Dualist has a few bnbs from stance switch that are 1-2 frame links.

It's possible the timing is just super strict now to be more on par with dualist

anyone think were going to get another buff? :( , for how long were patches being released, buffing and nerfing characters in mk9? , 6months? , a year? etc

Juanchaaa

Skarlet Tech Junkie
If you have to burn a bar just to do DD1ex & continue the presure or combo; atleast give some plus frames... Imagen if you'd have to use a bar to do a fireball run canel.

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
hahaha
Before the first FF buff i used to play FF as my main LK variation. When the buff came out suddenly everyone was using FF and i switched to DF. So since everyone switches again ill get Back to FF XD

Ayane

Noob
That video is basically like showing fully charged dualist combos lol.

@Lord of the fly. It is possible to combo after WP>EX DD1 still. But no you can't get f44 so those midscreen bnbs are gone. I couldn't even get 113 to link but F12 was pretty easy to do...in the corner lol.

And y'all are sitting here looking at the dmg thinking "it's not so bad". Dmg was never the problem with LK. You now spend a bar to be slightly plus or even punishable still if you do it after WP to do what DF gets for a sixth of a stam bar.

RyuKazuya

There's plenty left, not sure why everybody panicked over a clear mistake getting fixed, FF is still damn good.
i totally agree to that.
Even with the bug fixed he is still better than vanilla FF.
He is still so much more fun to play than before and what i like most is that he still(as you have shown in the video) has his true block string using dd1 ex. Besides that he still can cancel his WP which is a great tool. Therefore i think it is unnecessary to start that RIP FF LIU shit. :D

kaseyk

Noob
[QUOTE"RyuKazuya, post: 1804999, member: 7450"]i totally agree to that.Even with the bug fixed he is still better than vanilla FF.
He is still so much more fun to play than before and what i like most is that he still(as you have shown in the video) has his true block string using dd1 ex. Besides that he still can cancel his WP which is a great tool. Therefore i think it is unnecessary to start that RIP FF LIU shit. :D[/QUOTE]
They just mean rip he still wont win in majors . That sweet buff given to us then taken away was a slap in the face lol .

The wp cancel is great and better recovery on sf is also great but not enough to move him from lower mid or B grade spot .

if they removed ex sf and made the standard sf how it was last patch he would be high tier or A+ grade .

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main
They just mean rip he still wont win in majors . That sweet buff given to us then taken away was a slap in the face lol .

The wp cancel is great and better recovery on sf is also great but not enough to move him from lower mid or B grade spot .

if they removed ex sf and made the standard sf how it was last patch he would be high tier or A+ grade .
he can still win a major, all he truly lost was some meterless chip ability, using the buff requires better timing, and you are slightly less safe.

you can still use his pokes and speed, and you can still do 60%+ damage in a combo

Last edited:

RyuKazuya

i guess the reason why we dont see a kang win a major is that most nrs players are used to attend tournaments playing a top tier.
If people would start to trust their chars a little more and put a little more effort in we would see some unusual chars at a top8. There are many chars that can win a tournament. There must be more players trusting in their tools and skills.

kaseyk

Noob
The njp - 5x iafb is not going to happen against anyone good ever let's be real .
40-50 % yes but dmg was never a problem for liu .
to avoid liu njp all you do is walk half a step reach is poo poo lol

The buffs he kept are great but they don't fix his weak points or make his hard mu's ( dvorah tanya kung lao and new improved shinnok seems bad now ) any better thus keeping him imo same place on the food chain .
Those hard mu's are all top tier no doubt and you will face them guaranteed at a major . If someone did win with liu in his current state they deserve double the pot lol