What's new

General/Other - Kung Jin Kung Jin General Discussion Thread

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
So I dont think EX flip kick is + on block, after testing it in training mode it seems to be neutral or -1.
I wondered about this...I never tested it because I firmly believe that move is shit. I use it maybe a few times match.

If you wanna be in definite plus frames, end a block string with DF2(EX). Shit is like +5. Makes B1 a 7 frame move, and F2 a 13 frame move. Creates tick throws, free D3's....I never see anyone doing this and I don't understand why.

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
What are you guys doing after a knock down? I have trouble maintaining presure. Especially if they can teleport out of the corner despite punishing for great damage I usualy have to start chasing the oponent again. Do you guys hit the meaty window consistantly?

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
Is there anything in particular this character is bad at? I'm just curious to hear this from kung jin mains

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
Can Jin drop his bow? Theres been about three times when he all of a sudden he didnt have his bow. he can still attack with limited range then it will respawn shortly after.

What should I work on, I know more combos but I can't do f4 to boswing its so strict.
Also any idea on mains? I like Quanchi but I'm waiting for Jason on Monday.

Benzo-

Noob
after dive kick b21 bo swing does the bo swing miss the 3rd hit on some specific characters like devorah?
Timing for b21~bo swing when using dive kick as your starter (not an issue off a regular starter~boswing combo) can sometimes be a bit strict if you want the entire bo swing to land everytime, for me at least using f24~bo swing off a dive kick starter instead always seems to fully land and is a much easier guaranteed 25% (27% off NJP)

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
Timing for b21~bo swing when using dive kick as your starter (not an issue off a regular starter~boswing combo) can sometimes be a bit strict if you want the entire bo swing to land everytime, for me at least using f24~bo swing off a dive kick starter instead always seems to fully land and is a much easier guaranteed 25% (27% off NJP)
Off a divekick starter, b2 bo swat, run cancel 34 bo spin. 31%

Another one with dice kick starter, run cancel 3 bo swat, run cancel 34 bo spin. 32%

Thanks for the heads-up.
I stopped doing dive kick b21 bo swing
Now I usually go for dive kick run 34 bo swing and it always hits except I am in the corner I use 343 flying kick
these are some of the combos I use right now, but there are some better ones I have seen which even do more damage
I just need to get used to them at first

@ 1:12

Having real trouble vsing Kitana Assassin, she just spams instant air fans and guesses high air fans when I go to jump to keep me out. If I do manage to get in it seems I can't do anything to punish her bnb combos. Seems the only way is to catch her mid string but when I do that she combo breaks and/or wakeup +1armours to get out.... I..hate..zoneeeeeeeeersssss
duck under her fucking fans, up close she got no mixups, overhead is slow and leads to knockdown, no combos. kung jin has some problems with zoning, but kitana has nothing except for her fans right now. and they are duckable.

What's the safest pressure link that leaves you safe on block with Kung Jin in Bojutsu? So far I see one special that can be safely linked into DF2 (Straight Arrow) with Kung Jin, Like with raiden you can do links like 214 DF 2 in all variations and be safe on block, also raiden has an OS after B2 to be safe I use B2xxDF2, With Jin I see he's high risk high reward sorta with his mix ups. And the only link into special that I've used safely is B214xxDF2 or B14xxDF2 . If there's anything else relevant to this question you could answer I'd appreciate it. Basically just asking if there's other specials that are safe to pressure with? Other than links into
(Straight Arrow).

pressuring with normals is more than enough in my opinion. and they even deal chip damage. b14, f24, b21 (sometimes end with 2+4 for overhead, sometimes if you want to go crazy you can do something like b214~ex db4), f3, 11, neutral jump and j2, low pokes. beware that instant j2 is punishable, for example mileena can launch you for full combo. occasionally some players cancel their strings in bd3 (unsafe, just a low option) and db4 to mix it up(ex is safe), but i wouldn't rely on that, pretty risky and he got other safe options.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Not when youre full screen or barely getting off the ground
Takeda's stuff is mostly half screen, not full. He's taking risks when he's pressing buttons, much of it can be interrupeted by reversal attack special armor.
Block low on double teleport, anti-air his air teleport, watch out for NJP, then hurt him when he hits the ground, especially for his air grapple.

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
Takeda's stuff is mostly half screen, not full. He's taking risks when he's pressing buttons, much of it can be interrupeted by reversal attack special armor.
Block low on double teleport, anti-air his air teleport, watch out for NJP, then hurt him when he hits the ground, especially for his air grapple.
it's hard to do anything when you're staggered or blocking knives all the time

KIllaByte

it's hard to do anything when you're staggered or blocking knives all the time
Once he starts that, it is good, but once yo block the low kunai, (unless its meterburn, I think) recognize that it is your time to shine, and no longer respect what he's doing.
the options are overhead, overhead, low, or overhead low, or low, low. A lot to keep track of, but if you do block the first overhead(s), I think you can interrupt his low Kunai cancel.

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
Once he starts that, it is good, but once yo block the low kunai, (unless its meterburn, I think) recognize that it is your time to shine, and no longer respect what he's doing.
the options are overhead, overhead, low, or overhead low, or low, low. A lot to keep track of, but if you do block the first overhead(s), I think you can interrupt his low Kunai cancel.
Okay, I'll try that out. Any tips if it's from mid screen though?

KIllaByte

Okay, I'll try that out. Any tips if it's from mid screen though?
Ex Bow-Spin has huge range, it might reach at midscreen.
Use it as a reversal attack, or play as Takeda against the training room dummy and set the computer to always reversal meter burn ex bow-spin, and tell me what works, I'm learning too.

Eijiken

Noob
takeda never gives me any problems, his wake ups are awful and you gotta keep pressure on him. if you give him mid screen presence, you're in for a world of hurt. If he is kunai-ing you, bf3 checks that quickly, don't forget that as one of your tools. The only time I typically lose to Takeda is when I stop respecting the EX Teleport and I eat 40% from it