What's new

General/Other - Kung Jin Kung Jin General Discussion Thread

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Kung Jin is the fastest I've ever picked up a character.
Bojutsu, babe.
GIMME THAT B1, 4 HIT CONFIRM
I'LL TAKE THAT F2, 4 HIT CONFIRM.
B2, 1, 4 please.
All of these, at any point, go into backfoward 4's up slam,
or EX down back 3's spin launcher for NJP, Divekick, B2, 1 spins for 35 or 40%...

Briyen

Noob
Hear hear! Wanted to main Kung Jin since he was announced because we share the same first name hah, and I'm so glad he absolutely WRECKS

but his shaolin variant... :coffee:

can't see it being picked over Spectral or Bojutsu

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
I wanna get good with Ancestral and Shaolin. Jin is swag as fuck. It's funny because pre-launch I thought he was the least appealing new character, and now he's my favourite. :)

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
I'm surprised there isn't a massive following for him.

I was having a character crisis, I tried him out and fell in love. Ryan Hart made him look awesome, I was just worried about that jump.

The dive kick has a great high risk high reward factor, great punisher.

Don't know the right place to post this but I found this silly glitch with Kung Jin's Shaolin Variation

If you cancel his run into his 2 with the Shaolin Variation he never wields the Chakram he uses in the attack although you still hear the sound. Doesn't seem to affect the attack hitbox though it just looks funny.

Vjeekes

DevilApes
I'm surprised there isn't a massive following for him.

I was having a character crisis, I tried him out and fell in love. Ryan Hart made him look awesome, I was just worried about that jump.

The dive kick has a great high risk high reward factor, great punisher.
Which variation do you use? Untill now I justed played Bojutsu and it is great.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Sooo...

Bo jitsu doesn't seem to have any weakness yet.

He has the first day Aquaman stuff. B14 and F24 are both 0 on block, and one is overhead and one is low. Both greatly hitconfirmable into his meterless 40%. Their range is bigger than any string in the game, so they can whif punish almost anything and can't be outpoked.

The divekick tracks every run and has Sonya's level property of punishing d3s and d4s, and is full comboable without meter.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp

I'm sure most of us use Bojutsu for obvious reason. He still has a his good zoning options, plus so many different ways to go into his damaging combo's. I don't really see the need to use any other variation. Maybe ancestral since arrows with multiple uses. I do like the arrow that drains the opponents burn meter, but it's not as viable Bojutsu. One touch in Bojutsu could be atleast almost 40% life. I don't understand the point of Shaolin at all. Maybe someone can shed some light for me.

TheLastWingman

100% Wingman Success rate
I'm sure most of us use Bojutsu for obvious reason. He still has a his good zoning options, plus so many different ways to go into his damaging combo's. I don't really see the need to use any other variation. Maybe ancestral since arrows with multiple uses. I do like the arrow that drains the opponents burn meter, but it's not as viable Bojutsu. One touch in Bojutsu could be atleast almost 40% life. I don't understand the point of Shaolin at all. Maybe someone can shed some light for me.
I personally like Ancestral more than Bojutsu, but both variations are really fun to play but i can see why most people would choose Bojusu because the damage is insane compared to Ancestral

What's the meterless 40% I keep hearing about for this character? Looking at Bojutsu rn and I'm getting 30% without a jump in punch.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
What's the meterless 40% I keep hearing about for this character? Looking at Bojutsu rn and I'm getting 30% without a jump in punch.
There isn't actually a meter less 40%.

He gets 35% from his overhead and low starters. He can use 3,4 starter for 38%.

People like to exaggerate