What's new

General/Other - Kung Jin Kung Jin General Discussion Thread

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
In ancestral I'm experimenting with the use of standing 4 as a situational antiair. The hitbox misses jump arcs at closer ranges and it has a pretty big hurtbox, but if you have a freeze arrow loaded you can cancel it into a straight or low shot for a full combo.
Midscreen I'd day d2 obviously or d1 is his best AA. 4 decent midscreen, but it's godlike in the corner for an AA. it hits so high they cant jump In the corner or they will get hit by it. And you can confirm 38% combo with no meter off of a standing 4 AA

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
Does it bother anybody else that his arrow in the loading screen is pulled too far back?
It really bugs me...

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
What's the meterless 40% I keep hearing about for this character? Looking at Bojutsu rn and I'm getting 30% without a jump in punch.
There isn't actually a meter less 40%.

He gets 35% from his overhead and low starters. He can use 3,4 starter for 38%.

People like to exaggerate
42% corner with jump-in, 40 without.
ji2, 111 (or b214)~bo swat, 4~bo swat, nj2, ji4~divekick, 3~bo swing

You can also get 41% from:
111~bo swat, 4~bo swat, nj2, divekick, 34~bo swing.

SZSR

Noob
Hey guys, how do you do his d+b+4 sweep consistently? Every now and then against real players i'm just getting his overhead kick (hazanshu). I'm just trying to tap it rather than hold the db, but it's getting overhead kick everytime.

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
Hey guys, how do you do his d+b+4 sweep consistently? Every now and then against real players i'm just getting his overhead kick (hazanshu). I'm just trying to tap it rather than hold the db, but it's getting overhead kick everytime.
I dont use it lol

Kinda a noob here, but I had some questions. It seems like NJP is really good? Start of r1 or anytime the opponent is just outside normals range I NJP and it seems like it works good? Why not? I do favor b14 strings so maybe it conditions the opponents to get hit? It just seems like I get a lot of mileage out of it. Also, i feel like I only use meter for wake up EXdb3, which also seems incredibly good against anything but jumps? Are these scrubby habits I need to break or legitimately good tools?

Edit: I guess I'm asking for advice in the neutral game and if NJP is a good part of it, and if there are any other recommended uses of meter.

Last edited:
to get the d+b4 normal sweep I usually focus on inputting the back before the down and it comes out. Input it as bd4 instead of db4 if that makes sense, seems to work for me, great normal.

Varion

Noob
Played a Jin mirror match and it was really close....

What would you say is the weakness to Jin, so let's say if you had to play him, you would use to beat him? (Using Jin)

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Played a Jin mirror match and it was really close....

What would you say is the weakness to Jin, so let's say if you had to play him, you would use to beat him? (Using Jin)
In mirror matches it all depends on the other players habits, you just have to adapt to how they're playing and capitalise on it.

boxbrosg

Noob
So, I'm finding that when playing Ancestral that I like just ending all my combos in 343xxArrow Load. I've almost completely taken out the bf+3 finisher as it doesn't leave enough time to safely load arrow and continue pressure.

Also, full screen loaded low arrow wrecks a lot of people who try and zone. Not everyone, but it beats a lot of other projectiles.

Juffalo

Noob
Haven't seen anyone mention this yet, but did they add a couple frames to his best attacks ?

I was preeeettttttty sure B1 was 12 frame start up and F2 was 18 frames start up, but the in game frame data now lists them as 13 and 19 respectively

in game frame data is of course notoriously inaccurate. Not sure if anyone can determine this for sure, but have we already been ninja nerfed ?

Im brand new to fighting games and just picked this character up..Im loving the bojitsu..what are some super basic combos I can do to help block and punish? Get 2-4 hits on them? I dont wanna overwhelm myself anymore than I already am.

SZSR

Noob
Hey guys, what are Kung Jin's best strings into EX Flipkick? Like playing him as a rush down character. Or is EX flipkick just primarily used for other things?

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Hey guys, what are Kung Jin's best strings into EX Flipkick? Like playing him as a rush down character. Or is EX flipkick just primarily used for other things?
The EX version of the flipkick leaves you at like +3 so it's good to be used for continuation of pressure. You can use at on any block string and get a free D1, or D3. If either of those land you can do a B1, or F2.

I like to use it to mess with people's heads so I tack it onto B2,1,4. The 4 in that string is a low, and the flip kick is an overhead making it slightly difficult to block. Once they are trained to block that, you can do B21, 2+4 which is an overhead. They'll want to block low but you'll just crack their skull instead. Either option leads to a good knockdown and more pressure.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Just watched the NWM pools, and Atlanta Scraps. I still can't believe people are doing those early Kung Jin Combos. I'm seeing players losing upwards of 25% damage per match. Since damage is such a big part of his game, I feel it'll be necessary in the future to use the optimized combos to win. Eventually people are going to adjust to the F2 and eventually Jin's pressure will be more understood. Optimized damage will mean EVERYTHING.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
So I dont think EX flip kick is + on block, after testing it in training mode it seems to be neutral or -1.