What's new

General/Other - Kung Jin Kung Jin General Discussion Thread

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
takeda never gives me any problems, his wake ups are awful and you gotta keep pressure on him. if you give him mid screen presence, you're in for a world of hurt. If he is kunai-ing you, bf3 checks that quickly, don't forget that as one of your tools. The only time I typically lose to Takeda is when I stop respecting the EX Teleport and I eat 40% from it
He only kunais after over heads or lows but still leave in a block stun or stagger state

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.

Can someone look at my inputs and please explain why this is happening? I'm getting an xray consistently on this combo for no good reason.

MadeFromMetal

You're not giving the 4 button time to come out in your B2, 1, 4, string.
This might sound rude but I assure you it's not...what does that have to do with it? I genuinely don't know. I didn't hit L2 at all and I don't know why the Xray came out. Why does not giving the 4 enough time to come out affect that?

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
This might sound rude but I assure you it's not...what does that have to do with it? I genuinely don't know. I didn't hit L2 at all and I don't know why the Xray came out. Why does not giving the 4 enough time to come out affect that?
Yes it is, you're accidentally doing an input shortcut. If you let the third hit of your ground string land and then input ex-bow spin, you will get a linked ex-bow spin.

MadeFromMetal

Yes it is, you're accidentally doing an input shortcut. If you let the third hit of your ground string land and then input ex-bow spin, you will get a linked ex-bow spin.
Ohhhh...does 3+4=Stance Change in this game? Damn.

Again, I didn't mean to come off rude at all, I just didn't understand.

MadeFromMetal

Not understanding isn't rude, especially if you're admitting it like you are.
Yeah, but this is the internet where "what does that have to do with it?" is often used in heated debates. Thanks for clarifying, though. Not only do I need to with on cleaner inputs, but I need to worry about minute timing as well. Challenges.

Zanxus

Anyone have tips on the jacqui (full auto) match up, currently all I have done so far is walk then duck and reaction block to missiles.

EOTL

Anyone have tips on the jacqui (full auto) match up, currently all I have done so far is walk then duck and reaction block to missiles.
Sounds about right. As long as you're patient getting to jump range you should be fine. Using the gun at jump range is a risk for her. If you jump you get a full jump in punish combo, which from Kung Jin hurts a lot. She gets a combo of anti-air Up rocket but a whiffed up rocket allows you free pressure.

how do you guys approach the inferno scopr MU? seems rly difficult to beat
Fullscreen I suggest you respect his low minion, which puts you in a capture state. You can block his overhead option on reaction. Once you get the timing right you can walk in and get the pressure going, once your normals have far batter range than his.

Zanxus

Need help with Jax (heavy weapons) those rockets give me trouble since he can cancel it or aim it up on reaction. Once I get in though I have to make sure not to slip up or one combo sends me back full screen to navigate through the rocket again.

Last edited:

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Need help with Jax (heavy weapons) those rockets give me trouble since he can cancel it or aim it up on reaction. Once I get in though I have to make sure not to slip up or one combo sends me back full screen to navigate through the rocket again.
Jax is a fantastic character, who has amazing options at all ranges, but his air game is weaker than ours, all his normals up there are bad.
His F2, 1 is amazing at mid range, but, in heavy weapons, Jax does not have an energy wave that is plus 8 on bloc, so I think you can interrupt his Rocket stance cancels with 1, 1, 1, into a combo? Maybe? But still, his 1, 1, and F2, 1 is great at mid-range, and rocket cancels are great at having him navigate through long range.
In the subtleties in movement around mid range, you can make his F2 whiff maybe, and then whiff ounish him, or use your F22 into ex-spin for a max range combo confirm attempt, outside of even his F2's range?

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
I really hope in the next patch NRS fixes njp hitbox, it whiffs for no reason when the opponent is in the air, very close to JIn...it's a bit frustrating :/ the bow litterally goes through the enemy

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/v/4889581

Chris G's Ancestral Kung Jin from Texas Showdown this weekend. Quite sloppy and b14 load arrow is definitely not safe on block but great fundamentals as always.
Yeah I was really surprised on how many opportunities he missed. Every time I'd see him hit a njp I'd be thinking ok he's gonna finally learn not to end with 343 load and he kept doing it and missing the last hit. Also off his dk just going 343 rather than hitting the njp run 343. Then there were the lack of punishes and dropped corner combos. It's amusing to see and sad at the same time because after reading literally one or two posts in the living guide thread(from you) I had already learned not to make the mistakes he was making. I'll be curious to see if he stays with it.

Yeah I was really surprised on how many opportunities he missed. Every time I'd see him hit a njp I'd be thinking ok he's gonna finally learn not to end with 343 load and he kept doing it and missing the last hit. Also off his dk just going 343 rather than hitting the njp run 343. Then there were the lack of punishes and dropped corner combos. It's amusing to see and sad at the same time because after reading literally one or two posts in the living guide thread(from you) I had already learned not to make the mistakes he was making. I'll be curious to see if he stays with it.
if he did a mini run, he could end with a 343 reload

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Don't think we have a thread for match footage, so I'm gonna post these here for some criticism or even for new players to learn from. There's a bit of sloppy play at times in terms of input errors but it's pretty much just tourney nerves.

RainMK9

Noob
Don't think we have a thread for match footage, so I'm gonna post these here for some criticism or even for new players to learn from. There's a bit of sloppy play at times in terms of input errors but it's pretty much just tourney nerves.

For starters, great footage! Couple of questions though. For what's the point of the mb grab for the standing reset? It never seems to work out. Also is there a reason why you do that bnb?

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
For starters, great footage! Couple of questions though. For what's the point of the mb grab for the standing reset? It never seems to work out. Also is there a reason why you do that bnb?
MB grab is to get a free 50/50, you can go overhead or low afterwards and they have to guess, unfortunately you can tech the throw during a combo so it's kind of a bill lol. The BnB I used was my highest damaging at the time, I can get an extra percent now though.

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
I think Ultra David and Chris G have a point. Why are the stun arrows on a timer? Doesn't make sense. The amount of times I have lost the arrow mid combo... ugh. As David said, with unlimited time on the stun arrow it would still be worse than Bojutsu and a lot of other character's variations, so why not? I hope they change that. It's not a buff that's going to change match ups or options or anything, but it would still be nice for Ancestral players.

I mean it's not really a huge problem, but sometimes it can mess you up especially if you could have ended the round.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
I think Ultra David and Chris G have a point. Why are the stun arrows on a timer? Doesn't make sense. The amount of times I have lost the arrow mid combo... ugh. As David said, with unlimited time on the stun arrow it would still be worse than Bojutsu and a lot of other character's variations, so why not? I hope they change that. It's not a buff that's going to change match ups or options or anything, but it would still be nice for Ancestral players.

I mean it's not really a huge problem, but sometimes it can mess you up especially if you could have ended the round.
Yeah I agree, I can understand the meter and fire ones running out because you can use them as much as you want. Why only have 1 use of the stun arrow and have it timed too? Have it one way or the other.