What's new

General/Other - Kotal Kahn Kotal Kahn (Lordrak) in action vs Sub-Zero (Mickadi) of the Finish-Him Kommunity - MUST SEE !

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
I know but being able to cancel any block string into a grab sounds... weird and gives me a bunch of other questions like is the throw guaranteed as long as you do it after a positive block string or can you back dash or interrupt.
thats the question im trying to figure out as well. unless other characters have string like a f4 2 1+2, i've seen kano and raiden do it as well, sub is the only on i've seen done on block. maybe @SaJa can help us here and test?

SaJa

FH_FenriR
thats the question im trying to figure out as well. unless other characters have string like a f4 2 1+2, i've seen kano and raiden do it as well, sub is the only on i've seen done on block. maybe @SaJa can help us here and test?
Grabs during a string isn't L1 grab. Subzero's ice knife grab is only the end of a cryomancer string. Dunno if you can ungrab it, I used to play Dvorah. I'll ask to my mates on tomorrow, it's 3am right now ^^

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Bet that 54% will get nerfed lol cool vid though.
If it's getting nerf his boost will be useless imo. Look at 1min31 guys, it costs 9 fucking % to Kotal + risk to take a hit to activate those damages temporarily.
It means that, just like Skarlet, if he has less than 9% life, he can Hara-kiri himself :>

Btw, Kotal's projectile is overhead.

Last edited:

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
Grabs during a string isn't L1 grab. Subzero's ice knife grab is only the end of a cryomancer string. Dunno if you can ungrab it, I used to play Dvorah. I'll ask to my mates on tomorrow, it's 3am right now ^^
Are we sure? F4,2 is in all of his variations. I remember seeing his normal throw in that string. I thought the multiple stabs was just the MB throw, not a variation-specific string.

As far as L1 or 1+2... I assumed either would work similar to MK9 Sonya's MS~1+3.

@Zyphox

You seem to be thinking the same question as me as far as cancel-advantage. Basically, do you have to commit to defending either the throw or certain specials? Or is there a universal defense?

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Are we sure? F4,2 is in all of his variations. I remember seeing his normal throw in that string. I thought the multiple stabs was just the MB throw, not a variation-specific string.

As far as L1 or 1+2... I assumed either would work similar to MK9 Sonya's MS~1+3.

@Zyphox

You seem to be thinking the same question as me as far as cancel-advantage. Basically, do you have to commit to defending either the throw or certain specials? Or is there a universal defense?
Cryomancer variation = ice weapons like the hammer, the sword and the knifes.

Look at the other variation string grab ending (0:20sec.) :

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
If it's getting nerf his boost will be useless imo. Look at 1min31 guys, it costs 9 fucking % to Kotal + risk to take a hit to activate those damages temporarily.
It means that, just like Skarlet, if he has less than 9% life, he can Hara-kiri himself :>

Btw, Kotal's projectile is overhead.
That's just a guess on my part(going from NRS's past), remember Ermac, Raiden among others in MK9 got damage nerfs fast on combos first few months. Who knows though, he does seem slow and risk/reward as a tradeoff so maybe he won't get tweaked. Just guessing.

Damage scaling isn't finalized. Someone else already did a big write-up that mentioned damage scaling seemed inconsistent and unfinished on certain moves- suggesting that damage will be tweaked heavily as they finish up the game.

There's no "nerfing" or "buffing" at this point. Everything is still being molded into the final product.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Cryomancer variation = ice weapons like the hammer, the sword and the knifes.

Look at the other variation string grab ending (0:20sec.) :

okay saja can sub do that normal grab on block after that same string? or is cryomancer the only way he is able to do that standing reset grab similar to doomsdays in INJ?

I'm still confused on the whole ''being able to do grabs after a combo in a blockstrong''. Sadly I don't have a twitter but we should ask this during the NRS stream (Hopefully it won't get drowned out by stupid tweets asking for returning characters) just be sure.

Dr Jackal

Dr__Jackal
Actually there is no cancel with a throw. This throw is included in the string f4,2,1+3

Mikadi is going to share all his feedbacks today on sub

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
Yeah like the others said, he didn't cancel the string with a throw, that throw is part of his string. In his cryomancer variation Sub stabs the opponent with these ice knifes, leaving the opponent standing, in the other two variations he just grabs and throws them, switching sides. So yeah, that is NOT his normal throw, it's part of that string.

Last edited:

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
What does Sub-Zero's MB throw look like? I had been thinking it was the multiple stabs.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Ok I asked, it's f4,2,1+3 no matter what, in cryomancer version he is using his knifes on the grab, just like I said. :) It's working like DD 2,3,1+3.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
What's interesting is that you can end up the combo even when your opponent's dead. Maybe we will be able to do brutality this way ?
This is what I was thinking as well. I actually suggested this months ago when someone brought up how to do a Brutality. It should be part of a match ending combo, possibly something very difficult. Once you get the last hit in whatever the Brutality combo is, it triggers the Brutality animation.

I'd love to see this.

Man Ya'll are doing some real work with this game!

Kotal looks like a beast in close combat (As expected for a grappler)

Sub looks like he isn't one to take on in a projectile war in this game.

Did Kotal's Totems (if you used that version) seem useful?

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
My opinion on this is fluctuating...it's not like injustice.whenever you spend a bar outside of round 3 it could be a complete waste if they win the round. That's why combo damage is much lower in injustice-every % you do gets you closer to a win.

I agree with the damage as long as his bnbs without the buffs don't do more than 45% for a bar. People need to realise the whatever average damaging bnbs were in injustice, in mkx the average bnb will probably do +10-15% because you could win a game even having lost 297% of a life bar.

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
Man Ya'll are doing some real work with this game!

Kotal looks like a beast in close combat (As expected for a grappler)

Sub looks like he isn't one to take on in a projectile war in this game.

Did Kotal's Totems (if you used that version) seem useful?
I believe that totems are in blood god not sun god