What's new

General/Other - Kotal Kahn Kotal Kahn (Lordrak) in action vs Sub-Zero (Mickadi) of the Finish-Him Kommunity - MUST SEE !

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Is the grab Sub-Zero is doing part of that string? Or is he just stopping early and going for a throw mixup?

Reactions: RYX

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
btw did you guys notice that you can grab immediately during a string like you can in a combo? so basically every string on block is now a mix up? is he going to cancel into throw or more pressure? and in subs case is he going to go over head or low with slide or overhead hammer thingy? i wonder if thats how its going to be in the final version of the game as well as low pokes combo'ing with specials or EX specials.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
btw did you guys notice that you can grab immediately during a string like you can in a combo? so basically every string on block is now a mix up? is he going to cancel into throw or more pressure? and in subs case is he going to go over head or low with slide or overhead hammer thingy? i wonder if thats how its going to be in the final version of the game as well as low pokes combo'ing with specials or EX specials.
Cancel strings immediately into throws? Gonna need some confirmation on this please @SaJa @Dr Jackal

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
its clear in the video, watch sub zero cancel the string about twice into a throw.
Yeah I'm watching it and it does look that way. Hmmmmm this is interesting. Kotal did it as well if I'm not mistaken.

Zyphox

Yeah I'm watching it and it does look that way. Hmmmmm this is interesting. Kotal did it as well if I'm not mistaken.
not sure what i think about that, hopefully there are throw immune moves in this game too @Billy Dha Kid that way you can be blown up for doing the cancel into a throw. ferra/toor and kotal already do a lot of damage of normal throws in certain variations, i'm looking to take advantage if that stays in the game.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Sun God and Raiden look too sick for words... i mean dayum Kotal Khan's cammand grab looks like sex and that hokage damage! still waiting for my boy SMOKE though....

E

Eldriken

Kotal continues to look like he's going to be my main more and more.

DAT MB COMMAND GRAB, OMG.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
not sure what i think about that, hopefully there are throw immune moves in this game too @Billy Dha Kid that way you can be blown up for doing the cancel into a throw. ferra/toor and kotal already do a lot of damage of normal throws in certain variations, i'm looking to take advantage if that stays in the game.
Even if there isn't you can still probably use armor to get out of them

Or you can tech them

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
Is the grab Sub-Zero is doing part of that string? Or is he just stopping early and going for a throw mixup?
It's part of the string and I was asking about that string on block in another thread. I'm interested to see how you defend these strings with throws built in.

If Sub does f4,2 (or whatever), do you have to decide if he's going to throw or Ice Blast/Slide/Clone/Hammer?

Zyphox

Even if there isn't you can still probably use armor to get out of them

Or you can tech them
yeah i mean obviously you can tech, and hopefully not everyone has armor, imagine kitana with armor in MK9 O.O its just that if everyone has a throw mix up everytime they touch you it becomes really redundant and games will go by hella fast with how much damage if being done and remember you have to let go of block to tech i assume so either go for a tech or possible get hit by a launching special...... not to mention of some specials are grab immune will counter a tech throw if you can block and tech at the same time like INJ. i can foresee the meta already, plsu MB throws keep you standing up at frame advantage and possibly do more damage (??). so if you have 3 bars you can mix people up on block and keep them standing possibly for a long time, either by ending a combo into MB throw, or doing a string into MB throw as a mix up.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
It's part of the string and I was asking about that string on block in another thread. I'm interested to see how you defend these strings with throws built in.

If Sub does f4,2 (or whatever), do you have to decide if he's going to throw or Ice Blast/Slide/Clone/Hammer?
Probably the same way you'd deal with Doomsday's. Interrupt it or jump/back dash out, or block if he's doing something else.

I noticed that too. And I don't know how I feel about it to be honest. Especially in KK's case where he get's a charge that he can use for heals. Everytime he does a combo he can heal himself back in that variation. Seems kinda strong to be honest.

Zyphox

Probably the same way you'd deal with Doomsday's. Interrupt it or jump/back dash out, or block if he's doing something else.
assuming that sub zero can cancel that string into an iceball which looks to have very high start up and is uninterruptable (assuming from videos posted so far can obviously change when the final game comes out), there would be no room to jump away from a canceled on block 10 frame throw or interruptions at all currently IF cancel advantage stays consistent canceling into throws and specials. that means you would have to tech it at this point in the game. if someone can test this right now and confirm that would be awesome AF.