What's new

General/Other - Kotal Kahn Kotal Kahn (Lordrak) in action vs Sub-Zero (Mickadi) of the Finish-Him Kommunity - MUST SEE !

RYX

BIG PUSHER
assuming that sub zero can cancel that string into an iceball which looks to have very high start up and is uninterruptable (assuming from videos posted so far can obviously change when the final game comes out), there would be no room to jump away from a canceled on block 10 frame throw or interruptions at all currently IF cancel advantage stays consistent canceling into throws and specials. that means you would have to tech it at this point in the game. if someone can test this right now and confirm that would be awesome AF.
throws have never done that in an NRS game though, you can always tech or escape it, otherwise the block stun makes you whiff

there's also the decision he has to make of a "safe" throw and a full combo punishable if his freeze gets blocked, but from the combo he might be able to to hit confirm as well.

I dunno, just doesn't feel like it'll be problematic to me. Mix-ups are cool and the best rewards have the most risk.

I confirm ;)
I'm not that great at fighting games and I haven't played in a while. But doesn't that mean that if you're blocking my combo I can just grab you for free damage and to make sure I won't get punished (unless you break the throw by knowing when Ill use one)?

Isn't that kinda weird?

Well well guys, do you want to see the reset ? Yes or no ? the rule is simple, more than 90 post on this topic tomorrow and I upload a new Kotal Kahn Match ;) With his reset !
Let's show our interest to the EMPEROR !
If you own the youtube-channel. Could you perhaps make a play-list (in your own channel) with all the video's from the paris event in it?
Thanks in advance

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Well well guys, do you want to see the reset ? Yes or no ? the rule is simple, more than 90 post on this topic tomorrow and I upload a new Kotal Kahn Match ;) With his reset !
where's my spam bot when I need it

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
throws have never done that in an NRS game though, you can always tech or escape it, otherwise the block stun makes you whiff

there's also the decision he has to make of a "safe" throw and a full combo punishable if his freeze gets blocked, but from the combo he might be able to to hit confirm as well.

I dunno, just doesn't feel like it'll be problematic to me. Mix-ups are cool and the best rewards have the most risk.
yeah thats what i mean, you can tech it for sure, but have to release block button to do so, or if not then you would still have to deal with 50/50 from certain characters specials. but from what i have seen that throw looks inescapable, just because its never worked like that before doesn't mean it won't work now. maybe @GGA 16 Bit or @colt can clarify. maybe ill tweet it out to them for there questions for that stream in a few days. it just looks like that string when canceled into throw locks you with enough cancel advantage. if im wrong then im wrong, i just want clarification.

Reactions: RYX

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster
Ex s AZ
Hey man I was curious. Do you guys have any videos with Scorpion besides his infinite?

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
I don't know if somebody brought this up but the finish him doesn't come up until after a combo finishes even if they're "dead".

If being able to throw mid string is indeed the case, then I think the throw tech'r should be awarded for his read and should be at atleast +6 advantage after breaking the throw, on some UNIEL type stuff, not sure how I feel about it even being possible at the moment, maybe it will be fixed before release.

EDIT: After looking back at the video I didn't see a throw mid string...

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Stop saying Kotal is abused because he has 54% combo... It's 54% with 2 bars + risky blood hand. Kotal is slow, and has big hitbox. Bane wasn't the best character in igau, as well as Rain (he had like 70% combos with H2O). Jax, JC, Kabal have shit damage combos and yet there were great characters. Cyrax has 90% reset and yet Kabal is forward.

You can't take in consideration one single thing to judge the entire metagame of a character to place him in a decent tier list. This doesn't make sens.

I've noticed one good thing on mk10 now, you can see % on chip damage or combos after a breaker.

Last edited:

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
If being able to throw mid string is indeed the case, then I think the throw tech'r should be awarded for his read and should be at atleast +6 advantage after breaking the throw, on some UNIEL type stuff, not sure how I feel about it even being possible at the moment, maybe it will be fixed before release.

No one has.

The throw is part of one of his Kombo strings. Its similar to his B+121 string in MK9,but ends in a throw.

Zyphox

check 0:32 seconds into the video. thats a clear cancel, compare that to a few seconds before that where he cancels that exact string into that hammer special move.

Zyphox

Wait, isn't the grab that sub zero does part of the combo or is it really possible to cancel block stings with a grab?
no its been known for a while that you can recapture and use throws during combos now, and apparently on block as well. that is subzeros regular throw animation.

Zyphox

from what i have gathered the throws have different animations than regular throws when canceled. in the kano reveal trailer he does the same exact thing where he does a string and keeps them standing with a throw (not a command grab). raiden as well. i haven't seen a video with sub zereos regular forward throw, only back throw but kanos forward throw seems different when canceled and just regular standing throw.

no its been known for a while that you can recapture and use throws during combos now, and apparently on block as well. that is subzeros regular throw animation.
I know but being able to cancel any block string into a grab sounds... weird and gives me a bunch of other questions like is the throw guaranteed as long as you do it after a positive block string or can you back dash or interrupt.