What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - 2013 Awards Show

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I would proudly like to accept my award for most improved player.
I have worked very hard to get where I am now and shall continue to do so.
I would like to defend myself somewhat. I was not THAT bad at MK. I just sucked horribly at some matchups. Like Kitana. I was once told if you have trouble with Kitana your bad at MK.
I always choked horribly in tournament. So, I have nothing to show for that. If we are using Wafflez measurement I was not that bad since. I played players like Mr. Mileena and GamerBlake90 regularly and did fairly well. I only ever good enough to pull an upset. I was too shaky and unpolished to ever pull out a win in tournament however. Might as well been PantyChrist level.
Sorry PantyChrist, but it is a big deal when you convert landed d2s.
I like how even Atlanta is blowing up PantyChrist now.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
9/11 is the worst disaster because it was a terrorist act. All those other things listed are like natural disasters that would have happened no matter what. The fact that 9/11 was a man made act and the psychological impact it had in destroying our sense of security makes it the worst imo.

Matix218

Get over here!
9/11 is the worst disaster because it was a terrorist act. All those other things listed are like natural disasters that would have happened no matter what. The fact that 9/11 was a man made act and the psychological impact it had in destroying our sense of security makes it the worst imo.
I agree. I mean look at all of the things that came about after 911 to try to give us our sense of security back. HLS department, TSA airport security, our military hunting terrorist groups in the middle east. It was def a major change after 911

skahwt

Noob
So are you talking worst purely from an American citizen's pov? The death toll and human misery caused by 9/11 pale in comparison to the genocides in Rwanda and Bosnia.[/quote]

gdf

Noob
Only an American could think that 9/11 is the worst disaster of our time.

Don't American news channels only show state and country news? No world news and such?

You guys just don't know...
Wasn't there a train bombing in Britain? somewhere...sometime...

Matix218

Get over here!
So are you talking worst purely from an American citizen's pov? The death toll and human misery caused by 9/11 pale in comparison to the genocides in Rwanda and Bosnia.
[/quote]

Also extremely horrible but that was a long term event not something like 911 that was a specific event/date. I think that is more what was being referred to or at least what I was thinking

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Thanks for the shoutouts guys! I'm actually the guy who made the F23 shirt (if the avatar didn't make that obvious :) ). I actually have a whole line of injustice inspired stuff on redbubble:
http://www.redbubble.com/people/sepharih/collections/259212-injustice-gods-among-us

Hoping to generate some new stuff soon....assuming work doesn't suck the life out of me first.
Dude...that Martian Manhunter one is godlike! Still hoping for an Ares one sometime in the future...

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
It's sad to see mankind still capable of hating that much. There's still some pretty inhumane shit going down in 3rd world countries. Shit just as inhumane if not even more so than 9/11. But 9/11 showed that even one of the most modern societies can be hit by the same hate that those countries get hit by on a normal basis. To put forth that much effort to plan, calculate and orchestrate a terrorist attack like that with no incentive other than just killing as many innocent people as possible is scary. At least in movies the terrorists made demands wanting $$$ or something.

Mankind has made great strives the past century. It would just be tragic if we end up hating eachother so much that we nuclear holocaust ourselves back to mid-evil times.

Thats why I agree 9/11 is worse than natural disasters. We may still end up being our biggest threat even moreso than Tsunamis and earthquakes. Negative evolution.

Rickyraws

It's sad to see mankind still capable of hating that much. There's still some pretty inhumane shit going down in 3rd world countries. Shit just as inhumane if not even more so than 9/11. But 9/11 showed that even one of the most modern societies can be hit by the same hate that those countries get hit by on a normal basis. To put forth that much effort to plan, calculate and orchestrate a terrorist attack like that with no incentive other than just killing as many innocent people as possible is scary. At least in movies the terrorists made demands wanting $$$ or something.

Mankind has made great strives the past century. It would just be tragic if we end up hating eachother so much that we nuclear holocaust ourselves back to mid-evil times.
People don't consider the magnitude of taking human life. Soldiers come back from war/ countries with locals hostile to the army's nation and return home with post traumatic stress. There are people who may be forced to kill do defend themselves, have been trained how to deal with such situations, yet when they reminisce on what they had to do, they're constantly telling themselves, and convincing themselves that they had to do what they did. I used to know a guy who served. To this day, he tells me how just ONE person he killed (a person who killed his comrade in his squad) still haunts him.

And we have people who will kill masses of unarmed, innocent people. That is scary. You don't have to be an animal to be a monster. Unfortunately, though that's the true nature of a lot of people. Zombie series, movies, novels, games don't even do it justice- in a post apocalyptic scenario with no order and desperation, we will truly see the horrific things mankind is capable of.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
There are wars literally everywhere all the time. You're lucky enough to be in America where you have the luxury of 'security'. What about the Congo, Rwanda, Bosnia, Kosovo, Syria, Egypt, Iraq, Afghanistan, North Korea, Tieniman (sp?) square. Could go on.

9/11 wasn't the reason for all of this, it's just a part of a larger scale of terrorism and war, Americans have pretty much been killin people in the Middle East straight since at least before I was born.

It only has a psychological impact because Americans have the power of media that gets seen everywhere in the world. Which brings me back to my point, it's what the USA does to its people, pulls the blanket over their eyes and only shows them things directly related to them.

Rickyraws

There are wars literally everywhere all the time. You're lucky enough to be in America where you have the luxury of 'security'. What about the Congo, Rwanda, Bosnia, Kosovo, Syria, Egypt, Iraq, Afghanistan, North Korea, Tieniman (sp?) square. Could go on.

9/11 wasn't the reason for all of this, it's just a part of a larger scale of terrorism and war, Americans have pretty much been killin people in the Middle East straight since at least before I was born.

It only has a psychological impact because Americans have the power of media that gets seen everywhere in the world. Which brings me back to my point, it's what the USA does to its people, pulls the blanket over their eyes and only shows them things directly related to them.
To be fair, the media portrayal of other countries in the states is very very VERY criminal when you travel a lot to other countries. I've been to all of the continents you've mentioned in the past, and its night and day, almost comically so, sadly. Also, it's been proven time and time again that the United States, in terms of knowledge of the world georgraphy, is very very lacking. You don't have to watch the classic Miss USA blow up many years ago to get that vibe. So of course, what you're saying is an inevitability.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies

The fact that those other places arent secure means you would expect bad things to happen there. But New York City taking out the city's landmark is a huge statement that rattled a nation.