What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - 2013 Awards Show

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
*Hands Rickyraws the award for spelling Rebelo's name correctly*
I would like to thank my family, my friends. Oh boy, who else, I'd like to thank my sponsor, my mentor, um..my best friend Rob,.... God...um.....Timmy from marketing, but really I'd like to thank my team back at Raws and sons liquidators, I couldn't do it without you. Thanks guys!

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
The fact that those other places arent secure means you would expect bad things to happen there. But New York City taking out the city's landmark is a huge statement that rattled a nation.
And his point was that "no shit, war and insecurity is everywhere"

Noone and absolutely noone is safe.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
is this all am known for? my name only comes up with negativity for things i said 4- 5 months ago, the only talking i did before NEC was basically Rebelo'ing my self and not delivering. then after i was obviously salty but like nothing good comes out when am mentioned.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
9/11 the greatest disaster of our lifetime? Not by a longshot.

Most significant terrorist attack? You betcha.
Whats the difference?

Terrorist attack.... disaster? Contol.

Wouldn't something that people CONTROL be a greater deal than something random? Unless Tsunami's and Earthquakes were generated on purpose..... I find it far more tragic that people plot to simply kill other people. That is almost two disasters in itself.

Not only in regards to things that do happen here in America, but in other countries as well.

You can't argue against people killing people in mass...... as the worst disaster of a lifetime.

Those tshirts are awesome. I might be grabbing me a Doomie one.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Whats the difference?

Terrorist attack.... disaster? Contol.

Wouldn't something that people CONTROL be a greater deal than something random?
Nope, if it happened to you you wouldn't see it that way. I doubt those who lost loved ones in 9/11 feel any greater sorrow than those who lost loved ones in the Phillipines, the Turkey earthquake, etc.

The bottom line is that something was taken from you and it was out of *your* control.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Nope, if it happened to you you wouldn't see it that way. I doubt those who lost loved ones in 9/11 feel any greater sorrow than those who lost loved ones in the Phillipines, the Turkey earthquake, etc.

The bottom line is that something was taken from you and it was out of *your* control.
That is a very shallow way to look at it.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
That is a very shallow way to look at it.
No, to me saying that 9/11 is a greater disaster because it was a terrorist attack is shallow.

When 400,000 people died due to genocide in Darfur, resulting in almost 3 million people displaced from their homes, that's suddenly not as impactful because it wasn't some guys crashing planes?

Large scale loss of human life is a disaster any way you slice it, and its just as tragic to those it affects -- regardless of the causes.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
No, to me saying that 9/11 is a greater disaster because it was a terrorist attack is shallow.

When 400,000 people died due to genocide in Darfur, resulting in almost 3 million people displaced from their homes, that's suddenly not as impactful because it wasn't some guys crashing planes?

Large scale loss of human life is a disaster any way you slice it, and its just as tragic to those it affects -- regardless of the causes.
LOL thats exactly what I said.......
I was simply pointing out that Natural Disasters aren't any worse because they typically claim more life/area etc.

I must of misread what you meant as well. bah.

GGA Slips
I'm gonna use the defense that if I didn't speed up, I would've involved another party in my accident, which would have been 100% guaranteed that it would've been a disaster. I fully expected a disaster anyway, but I would rather it fall on just my head and nobody else s, even if it ends up being a little worse for me.

Luckily, nothing happened. Still don't know what to think about it all. Pretty crazy.
Maybe that way of thinking made something help keep you safe;)you never know, at least it means youre not just all about revenge and burning people in hell(and hitting people with that broken scorpion teleport:joker:)

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
GGA Slips

Maybe that way of thinking made something help keep you safe;)you never know, at least it means youre not just all about revenge and burning people in hell(and hitting people with that broken scorpion teleport:joker:)
Actually, and I left this out on the show, I was kind of annoyed the guy didn't stop for me. I mean I put myself at greater risk to avoid him getting into the accident and he just keeps going? Pretty assholish. Once I was back on the road and started driving again, I caught up with him, drove by him (in the snowy lane) and flicked him off.

Once that was accomplished, I started taking it all in. Once I had a good lead on the guy and took an exit and collected myself at a gas station.

Last edited:

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Wasn't there a train bombing in Britain? somewhere...sometime...
Wanna hear something F'd up? lol I only know about that because it happened during the time between that week's Smackdown was taped and aired, and since on the show it had Muhammad Hassan (who was a heel terrorist character) like abduct the Undertaker or something they immediately caught flack for it upon airing and Hassan got canned

Reactions: gdf

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Also GGA Slips I definitely relate to your opinion on spirituality, religion, whatever you call it. When I was 16 I had just gotten my license and I was driving my family's swaggy 2000 Chevrolet minivan. I was driving it one snowy winter night to a girl's house and I don't know what but I for some reason thought there was something in the middle of the road, and (stupidly) yanked the wheel hard to the left to avoid it and was up on two wheels. When I came back down I tried to turn the wheel too soon and the van flipped on it's side and slid (while rolling) into an empty cornfield sandwhiched between two dense forest areas. As I was flipping I remember distinctly time felt like it slowed to a crawl, broken glass flew across my face and I felt like if I wanted I could reach out and grab it, and I was pretty sure I would be dead (thinking that I would go into one of the forests and hit a tree or something). After flipping twice and breaking all the glass I ended up rightside up in this beater van in the middle of a field, van totaled, and somehow not more busted up than cuts on my hands and forearms about 30 feet from a huge oak.

I wasn't particularly agnostic before, I kindof believed in the K7 spiritual business (only I called it karma after My Name is Earl), but after that (when things could have so very easily gone so much worse than they did) it's enough to make a guy wonder. I get where you're coming from

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Great episode. I made it to the "Rebelo" section before passing out last night, and all I can say for the "Killer Frost players" not really doing much is this:

1.) Despite her being a fabulous character she has an oddly small player community. On PSN it's pretty much me, Khaotik, and my buddy Cyustrike (whom he messages me on Facebook with strategies and we share match videos and such) and I believe Ribzz is still playing her but I have no idea.

In terms of offline results, it's Bit, Khaotik and Balrog. As much as I love PR Balrog, he just doesn't seem like a "serious" Killer Frost player and he got top 8 at Evo when the game was a baby (not discrediting him by any means...but the game is so evolved now) and we all know, of course, that Steven is now playing Selina. So that leaves us with Khatoik, who had that amazing win over KDZ at whatever tourney that was and I'm shocked he hasn't won with her yet.

I will try to make SCR but I'm definitely attending Final Round so we will see what results I can achieve with her.

Anyway, my point being is that she isn't represented that well. For whatever reason, there just aren't that many solid Frost players...we do walk amongst you.

2.) I have been playing KF almost exclusively since the summer and certainly consider her my main and I personally feel she is outside the supposed "top five" and somewhere near 8 or 9. She is extremely deadly and can potentially take your whole life bar with two proper guesses but so can a handful of other characters. My only gripe with the community is that they hail slide to the high heavens and still allow this move to be so intimidating. I play so many top players that know how to handle slide not to mention when I'm slightly out of F3 range they know to block low. Lol...it's rather simple.

3.) Her block strings are weak.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
The bombings in London people were referring to were the 7/7 bombings in 2005.

But all this talk of the security of said place making it worse is a bit messed up. People were perfectly secure in 2004 before the Tsunami hit then I got the call that some of my friend's homes had been swept away, that a family I know had actually been swept up in the wave and if not for some insane miracle, one of whom would have died. I know someone who was on a boat at the time and now he has like 8 or 9 metal plates in his spine and he can't.

No one expects that shit to happen, and it isn't less of a disaster because it couldn't have been prevented, in fact if anything the futility of it all makes it even worse.