What's new

General/Other - Cyrax Kombat Mode Re-Engaged: The Cyrax PRE-RELEASE Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Just Boon being Boon. If anything it sounds like he'll take time and isn't something he can discuss. For all we know they could still be hashing out story and potential roles for folks like him to fill in it.

IceNinja

Assassin
I don't get it.... people don't understand the word late? Late means he will be there. This is Cyrax confirmed imo.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I always preferred Sektor..... And oh well, poor Cyrax.
Me too.

Cyrax is cooler as a human, and Sektor is cooler as a cyborg.

They both have a lot of potential for cool and unique variations and they aren't dead, I can't see why NRS would pass that up.

One, the other, or both + Cyber sub a group counted as one character, noob/smoke style, split into variations.

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
Well, NRS did give Kano a move with Cyrax's EX bomb properties. That was one of the most effective aspects of the character so if he was in MKX, I couldn't see them taking it away or giving another character a move that made him unique.

I think it's unlikely we will see Cyrax. Sektor plays a much more important and consequential role as of the end of MK9.

Now, if the variations are any indicator of story, well then Sub-Zero is gonna have to take Sektor out of the picture at some point. Cyrax was kinda just along for the ride like "ahh I hate being a cyborg. I had such cool dreadlocks as a human. Waaahhh." Inessential to the story. Sad, considering I usually like Cyrax more than Sektor.

Remember the MKA ending where the cyborgs fuse? I'd be pretty fucking on board with a Cyrax/Sektor hybrid character. Like Sektor notices Cyrax is getting closer to rediscovering his humanity so he's like "fuck that," and he powers mustard down, taking his mother board and combat chip to integrate it into his own system.

That way Cyrax is not dead, just dormant.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
I was completely okay with old character making less of a return for new blood but now I am angry and have changed my point of view entirely.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Man, everyone reading into shit so much. It's insane.

Having said that, I'm as excited as everyone else for this game and I know there's not much to discuss at this point, so we're limited to speculation threads.

If I had to guess, I'd bet that Cyrax is in the game, but will not be seen until DLC. He's just one of those characters that NRS could go wild on with the variations. Bombs and nets would be his default specials across all 3 variations.

Also, would anyone be opposed to one character slot for the Cyber Ninjas that included Cyrax/Sektor/Smoke as the 3 variations?

Last edited:

trufenix

bye felicia
Also, would anyone be opposed to one character slot for the Cyber Ninjas that included Cyrax/Sektor/Smoke as the 3 variations?
A variation isn't a completely new character. Why waste a variation trying to shoe horn in 3 or 4 moves to "make" 1/3 of a character cyrax when you could make an actual interesting cyborg with concepts unseen or remixed like they did wit hKano?

As a Cyrax main I'm getting a little scared, all other ''boon hints'' have led to a character reveal of some sort, however this one never got any attention afterwards.

Probable cyrax de-confirmed?

Please NRS let cyrax be in MKX:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.