What's new

General/Other - Cyrax Kombat Mode Re-Engaged: The Cyrax PRE-RELEASE Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently picked up Cyrax in MK9 again since it's on PSNow, and here are my thoughts

Whether you like him or not, Cyrax is a damn fun character to play. I think he needs to retain his moveset and specials from the previous game, but with a slight twist. Let's give him the Quan treatment:

Bombs are a low and are used for combo Enders/pressure. Ex bomb is either a slower unblockable or has plus frames similar to ex rune (so that the opponent has time to make a move if ex bomb is brought out after a block string)

Resets should still be a thing, but should be tweaked to do like 60% max while requiring a bar or even two for ex bomb (or give him standing resets where he only gets big damage if the opponent guesses the 50/50 wrong)

Last thought, Cyrax should have strings that end in bombs that will send opponents full screen, or can be enhanced for a juggle (similar to Cybernetic Kano)

All in all, fans love Cyrax for what he was in MK9, and Netherrealm has two choices here. Either make Cyrax what he was in the last game and make all of the fans happy, or nerf him to the ground and make the haters happy. I don't think any of is want to see a low tier Triborg. My personal opinion is to make Cyrax a character with potential. Make him a heavy hitter with a high skillcap. KL and KK have high damage combos that require pretty precise timing, why shouldn't Cyrax?
Just a question , is ps now laggy? And is there delay?

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
Here's the thing. If sektor plays like mk9 sektor according to @PND_Ketchup I will definitely play sektor. Meaning that sektor is a pepper you down and let you make mistakes and then punish your mistake character. (Paraphrased from his speculation video) That sounds like something I can get behind. If that's not the case I think I'm going to learn Cyrax and one thing you brought to my attention in your video showcasing mk9's abilities with Cyrax is the enhanced net draining the opponents meter. That's killer and I'd love to use that in mkx. Online preventing the casuals from x rays and in tourney preventing the pros from breakers sounds lovely :)
In theory ancestral Kung Jin already has this capability and it's a fun variation to play but it's hard for me to get far competitively when I use it.

I will forever remain a Reptile main. I'm sure I don't have to explain myself about that considering you two brothers know something about character loyality.
But my secondary (Shinnok) could stand to be replaced and it's going to be with a robot.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021

CYRAX NET CONFIRMED @ 32 seconds <3

It also looks like he has a low combo starter @ 28 seconds.

I have a girl boner right now.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
So they reduce his damage and made his unblockables into a hard-to-blockables.

---

Quick tip: try to see if negative edge can be use for ground and air bombs...

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I would love to see the Cyrax corner escape - Switch that goes like: Ex Ragdoll, d1, 1, 1 , 1,2, Net and free style fallow up!
And let us not forget the reverse hit box of 1, (2) confirmation into d1 ex Net for SWAG!

Status
Not open for further replies.