What's new

General/Other - Cyrax Kombat Mode Re-Engaged: The Cyrax PRE-RELEASE Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Also, nets and bombs are his trademark specials. Every variation would most likely have them.
It would be nice but look at Raiden, teleport was a trademark (only surpased by the lighting ray special) and now is a variation exclusive. :(.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'm still hoping that both got really badly damaged and now make up a single hybrid robot fused togehter from their parts, AKA Projet Sektrax.

One variation is more Cyrax, one is more Sektor, one is just pure bullshit teleport 100% combos
Or Traxtor lol I think we'll see a new cyborg too just a feeling with one of the newer characters.

Koor

Hot Gyahbage
If Cyrax is as insane as he was in mk9 i hope they DONT fix him. Everytime NRS attempted to "fix" him he came out worse than before. Im not trying to die just from the net itself touching me because they "fixed" him :16Bit

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I have a feeling.

One of those feely feelings.

The ones where I feel things.

I feel like they are going to combine the three cyborgs into "one" character and have them be variations. As in it'll probably be "Tekunin" then the variations straight up say Cyrax(And he has his own model and such), Sektor(Also has his own model), and Subzero(also has his own model). Share some normals, but have their special moves and some other new things to really set them apart despite them being combined as semi-clones.

It also falls into the trend of the variations sets.

Rushdown/damage(Cyber-Subzero)
Zoning/defensive(Sektor)
Traps/set-ups(Cyrax)

Probably wrong, and I hope I am because I want Cyblax and I also want Sektor to stay relatively untouched, but I have that feeling...

TONY-T

Mad scientist
If Cyrax is as insane as he was in mk9 i hope they DONT fix him. Everytime NRS attempted to "fix" him he came out worse than before. Im not trying to die just from the net itself touching me because they "fixed" him :16Bit
It is true. After they patched the buzzsaw resets, everyone started to use wakeup bomb trap resets. Then they made the wakeup faster and the bomb traps ceased to work, so we all went to the older net resets. When they patched the older net resets, (made the 2nd net more invincible) newer ones came out that did more damage then the previous ones. The standard 1 bar 90% combo i do today, does 5% less on previous patches. Even the maximum 1 bar buzzsaw reset does less damage. It was good times for cyrax players. I pushed that yellow monster to the limit and friggin loved it! :tonyt

In all seriousness , i doubt they will make the same mistake twice. Cyrax will be looked at through a microscope before he is released to the public. I think its going to be hard this time around to find any dirt on him. But we shall see.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
I have a feeling.

One of those feely feelings.

The ones where I feel things.

I feel like they are going to combine the three cyborgs into "one" character and have them be variations. As in it'll probably be "Tekunin" then the variations straight up say Cyrax(And he has his own model and such), Sektor(Also has his own model), and Subzero(also has his own model). Share some normals, but have their special moves and some other new things to really set them apart despite them being combined as semi-clones.

It also falls into the trend of the variations sets.

Rushdown/damage(Cyber-Subzero)
Zoning/defensive(Sektor)
Traps/set-ups(Cyrax)

Probably wrong, and I hope I am because I want Cyblax and I also want Sektor to stay relatively untouched, but I have that feeling...
I approve of this idea.

Superi0rMagik

You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent
Its sad to see that some peoples main characters will return and not others! not saying its a bad thing but it just sucks when you really want your character in the game but you know they wont be while everyone else and their mains move on! the rest of us will have to grind it out with the new cast and use a new character and accept the fact we wont be seeing our character again! Im still excited but only some of you know what I mean!

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
Sektor had one of the coolest fighting styles in Mk9. I mained him for that reason alone. His game was super fast with all kinds of options. He actually had all that without having anything broken and many called him the most balanced character of the game. And his moves looked extremely cool. If he makes it to Mkx and is anything like he was in Mk9 I'll be very tempted to main him again.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
It would be nice but look at Raiden, teleport was a trademark (only surpased by the lighting ray special) and now is a variation exclusive. :(.
Has that been confirmed? I have a feeling that he will have some form of teleport in every variation. Only one variation will have the teleports that can be comboed off of/into. Just my opinion, though.

As Aris mentioned, I don't want these characters to feel incomplete. A Raiden without some sort of teleport would be odd, as would a Cyrax without bombs and nets.

I guess we will wait and see. This whole variation thing NRS is doing is very ambitious but also seems pretty difficult to manage at the same time.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
What if they combine Sektor and Cyrax into one character? Perhaps the hint is that the picture above is not of "ketchup" and "mustard" separately, but a complete BURGER.

[chants] BURGER BOT. BURGER BOT. Who's with me?

If, like a lot of people've been saying, it is one cyborg indeed with three variations different in colour (with third being either Smoke-like or Sub-like), it will be something like Cyber Chameleon:/

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
it would be great if they combine them in one character BUT they must have seperate models that it almost feels like ur playing a different character instead of the change color lame approach.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.