What's new

General/Other - Cyrax Kombat Mode Re-Engaged: The Cyrax PRE-RELEASE Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Cyrax main I'm getting a little scared, all other ''boon hints'' have led to a character reveal of some sort, however this one never got any attention afterwards.

Probable cyrax de-confirmed?

Please NRS let cyrax be in MKX:rolleyes:
Naw man, they got to have some obscure characters in MK, like Reptile or a robot. Everyone so far has been human.

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
Okay, we all want our characters that didn't make it to be in. It's a natural want, but it gets harder for the developers to make things fresh and compartmentalized.
Both Sub-Zero and Scorpion blend well, among a whole lot more characters, with the variation system. They took Scorpion's ninjatos away and made it a variation. They took Sub's ice weapons and made it a variation. Those moves were removed from their fight styles and made into variations. They took away Scorpion's hellfire (and flame aura from inj) and made it a variation. They took Sub's ice clone and made it a variation (along with adding the klone toss). These moves are integral parts of their playstyles, but not immediately iconic. Then Scorp got his minions and Sub got defensive stuff, not out of their jurisdiction but somewhat out of the box.
That was a wall of text, here's a doge.
:DOGE
Now, I see Smoke and the cyborgs as requested characters. Brace yourselves: they won't be in the game :eek:...in their current form. Kethcup, Mustard and rotten Mayonnaise all have been cyborgs at one point. I've analyzed their moves and deduced that they have five moves (or three you can affirm) independent of each other. They're just to similar to make three variations for all three characters--from my view at least.
So, since they're similar, let's say that they'll be in the game as variations; a greater part of one character: Khrome. :DOGE. The one character part is serious though, I can't think of a proper name.
Cyborg's special moves:​
Landmine- a close proximity mine that explodes leaving no room for combos. Also allows for close and far versions.
Rearrangement- A teleport that allow for both retorts and projectile evasion.
Air Throw- A air throw that propels the opponent neck first to the ground.
Cyrax (Bombastic) variation​
Bomb-replaces Landmine-Cyrax shoots a bomb out of his chest socket, which allows for combo starting or extending. Can also be made into both far and short versions. The enhanced version sends out three bombs instead of one.
Ensnare-A green net that allows for combos. Period. Enhance it and steal their meter.
Anti-Air-Replaces Air Throw- Jumps into the air ready to slam them to the ground. Meter burn it to add some more damage.
Roundhouse Repeater-A set of three kicks that are mechanically enhanced. Enhance it to add two kicks that pop up.
Sektor (Rocketeer) variation​
Front Missile-A standard projectile. Enhance it to add one stage, then meter burn it to add another. Repalces Landmine
Down Missile-A standard projectile from above. Can be placed in front or behind. Enhance it to make it a Homing Missile.
Binary Uppercut-Replaces Rearrangement-An uppercut that appears below and in front of the opponent, which deals a devastating punch. Enhance it for more damage. Meter burn it to pop up.
Flame Burner-A mid-screen reaching phantom attack that burns the opponent. Enhance it to reach a little longer and for more damage.
Shocker Punch-A pulsating punch that disables the opponent allowing for combos. Enhance it for more range and damage.
Smoke (Calculating) variation​
Smokeport-Replaces Rearrangement-A quick, twice hitting teleport. Enhance it to add another hit.
Materialization-Replaces Landmine-A set of particles that makes the opponent reappear in front, allowing for combos. Enhance for damage.
Phase-Can fade toward or away fromthe opponent, escaping both physical hits and projectiles. Enhance for longer range. Meter burn to continue or reverse direction.
Toxicity-A stink cloud that disables the opponent. Enhance it to disable them for a longer time.
Here's another doge for reading all of this.
:DOGE

Lokheit

Noob
I know you used Khrome as a placeholder name, and I'm just being nitpicky but NRS has stablished Khrome as a non-cyborg through the April's Fool tower unlockable background:

http://www.mortalkombatwarehouse.com/mkx/kk_backgrounds/towers/bgnd_065.png

As for the maing idea... I've thought about that too, but at the end of the day I'd prefer each character separatedly, they all have plenty of stuff to create 3 variations for each one and Smoke seems more interesting on the new "enenra" direction than as a cyborg.

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
I want cyrax too. Never learned him in mk9. But I really like the idea of his grenades for crazy mix ups. They're so cool, would gladly pick cyrax up if he was in. Potentially main

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
I know you used Khrome as a placeholder name, and I'm just being nitpicky but NRS has stablished Khrome as a non-cyborg through the April's Fool tower unlockable background:

http://www.mortalkombatwarehouse.com/mkx/kk_backgrounds/towers/bgnd_065.png

As for the maing idea... I've thought about that too, but at the end of the day I'd prefer each character separatedly, they all have plenty of stuff to create 3 variations for each one and Smoke seems more interesting on the new "enenra" direction than as a cyborg.
Thanks for the criticism, guys. I know man, just bein facetious. I'll try to come up with stuff individually. Any more characters to imagine mkx variations for? Besides Kabal, he's next. :)

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
net and bombs are broke. Never want em back
The problem isn't that they're broke, the problem is that it's programmed so that you can have both of these attacks at the same time on the screen - and an easy solution is to make it so you can't. It's like allowing you to do an overhead and a low on the exact same frame that launches, except in this case it's using a restand (that can't be combo'd off of) that has enough advantage for an unblockable move to hit after and another solution is to allow it to combo - although that WILL make for some hella big damage combos and infinites lol. Anyway I'm waaaaaay off topic and I don't know why I'm talking about it; I just have so much passion and love for MK9. *happy sigh*

Anyway as for this super cyber person that thinks they can be Smoke - nope. Leave Smoke alone - he is Smoke, he is human and that is all. You can't have him again.

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
The problem isn't that they're broke, the problem is that it's programmed so that you can have both of these attacks at the same time on the screen - and an easy solution is to make it so you can't. It's like allowing you to do an overhead and a low on the exact same frame that launches, except in this case it's using a restand (that can't be combo'd off of) that has enough advantage for an unblockable move to hit after and another solution is to allow it to combo - although that WILL make for some hella big damage combos and infinites lol. Anyway I'm waaaaaay off topic and I don't know why I'm talking about it; I just have so much passion and love for MK9. *happy sigh*

Anyway as for this super cyber person that thinks they can be Smoke - nope. Leave Smoke alone - he is Smoke, he is human and that is all. You can't have him again.
No problem, man. I'll get to work in a second.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I would love for Cyborgs to come back as a ultimate cyborg. Like how Jack in Tekken just keeps getting better and better. But I doubt they will give them the time of day since Predator does very similar things. I still hope though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.