What's new

General/Other - Cyrax Kombat Mode Re-Engaged: The Cyrax PRE-RELEASE Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radiodine

I spam so well, i get 50/51's
Cyrax aka MUSTARD!!!

Back and ready for revenge against those who discontinued him from the roster Cyrax is back and ready to catch some more victims in his net.

Artificial Intelligence:

In this variation, Cyrax gains the ability to spawn Spider or Hover Explosive Drones that lead to juggles.
Cool downs between drones is six seconds. EX Versions- Spider Drone is much slower but becomes an unblockable. Hover Drone fragments into a seperate explosive that deals additional damage or catches an opponent that tries to poke after the initial explosion.

Nanotech:

In this variation, Cyrax gains nanobots he can use to deal DOT to the opponent or manipulate the opponent. (Similar to quan chi's trance) and other variation specific strings that give Cyrax a bit further of a range.

Hyperdrive:

In this variation, Cyrax gains the ability to gain a damage buff and armor for a short duration of time before Cyrax halts all movement for a moment as his systems cool down. Cyrax also gains a counter in which Cyrax trades off a small amount of damage as an extendable claw grabs the opponents limb being used and snaps it before throwing the opponent skyward diagonally; following the throw with an mk9 style bomb directly at the opponent forcefully knocking them to the ground.

The net is still a factor in Cyrax's gameplan. The enhanced version can be planted by inputting dd as it flies through the air.

To be edited as i determine what else should be included.

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
I'll be praying this doesn't happen. Hell, hope he doesn't even see the light as an Invasion Boss!!

Tim Static

Adminerator
I also would like cyrax, this is just the 5th thread today regarding characters people want and the made up variations. But again, cryax would be fucken awesome. He was my main in deadly alliance and ive loved him ever since.
We have the DLC Discussion for a reason, and if users want to discuss that, they're more than welcome to. Thanks.

That being said, @Radiodine there is a thread already for Cyrax, so please search before you post. Im merging this into the Cyrax thread fyi :coffee:

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
I can see this going three ways:
1. They have the same normals and strings with different specials. (Sektor's rocket, Cyrax's net, Smoke's smokebomb)
2. They each get their own set of character specific normals and strings along with specials. (Cyrax's Anti-Air, Sektor's leg lift)
3. (Most hopeful for but could also not happen) All cyborgs have their own movelists. That could add a lot more to the meta.

Etoroguy

Why isn't Jax's Farm a playable stage?
Why no cyber reptile? This was an obvious oversight. Who actually wants smoke, Cyrax and Sektor?

Now since resets would be broken , why not make him have like hard to block setups? That would be cool making his bombs hit and low and him having an oh etc

Now since resets would be broken , why not make him have like hard to block setups? That would be cool making his bombs hit and low and him having an oh etc
After playing Summoner in MK X I was always imagining that if Cyrax's bomb in mk9 was a low instead of unblockable, his reset would still be dirty. You could just do the same combo into a 2nd net restand right on the bomb like before. But then hit b2 which depending on the timing and the height of the juggle when the 2nd net hits would become either overhead /low or backwards. B2 was 2 hits but only the first hit was an overhead. If both of them were overheads it would be impossible to block with an added low of the bomb)

zHawken

Would you settle for me sausage?
I recently picked up Cyrax in MK9 again since it's on PSNow, and here are my thoughts

Whether you like him or not, Cyrax is a damn fun character to play. I think he needs to retain his moveset and specials from the previous game, but with a slight twist. Let's give him the Quan treatment:

Bombs are a low and are used for combo Enders/pressure. Ex bomb is either a slower unblockable or has plus frames similar to ex rune (so that the opponent has time to make a move if ex bomb is brought out after a block string)

Resets should still be a thing, but should be tweaked to do like 60% max while requiring a bar or even two for ex bomb (or give him standing resets where he only gets big damage if the opponent guesses the 50/50 wrong)

Last thought, Cyrax should have strings that end in bombs that will send opponents full screen, or can be enhanced for a juggle (similar to Cybernetic Kano)

All in all, fans love Cyrax for what he was in MK9, and Netherrealm has two choices here. Either make Cyrax what he was in the last game and make all of the fans happy, or nerf him to the ground and make the haters happy. I don't think any of is want to see a low tier Triborg. My personal opinion is to make Cyrax a character with potential. Make him a heavy hitter with a high skillcap. KL and KK have high damage combos that require pretty precise timing, why shouldn't Cyrax?

Status
Not open for further replies.