What's new

Tech Kitana Kombo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Kobra

Hitbox™ Enthusiast
Not sure if anyone has posted this yet. Flashy, cool. Not the best use of meter, though. This is a combination of Konqrr's EX Fan -> Jump P starter and combo that someone posted on a friend's facebook wall.

2,1~EX Fan toss ~ dash, uf, j.p ~ 2,1~EX fan toss ~ ff ~f+4, 1 ~ dash ~ 2, d,f+1 ~ dash ~ b+3, 3 ~ EX Fan lift ~ Dash x 2 ~ B+2 ~ Air Fan toss ~ land ~ dash ~ fan toss ~ dash ~ 2, d,f+2 (23 hits, 55% damage - using 4 at the end of the combo doesn't earn any extra damage and is harder to do)
Very nice kombo there fella ;)

Had the following variation thanks to yourself, Konqrr and everyone on this forum... I think it is one or 2 hits less and maybe a % or 2 down from yours :D

Mid Range

Jump in, 2,2,1~EX Fan toss ~ dash, 2,1~EX fan toss ~ dash, 2,1~EX fan toss ff ~ f+4,1 ~ dash ~ b+3,3 ~ fan lift ~ dash ~ b+2, Air Fan toss ~ land ~ dash ~ fan toss ~ dash ~ , d,f+2 (22 hits, 52% damage). Haven't developed the skill yet to tag on the 2...

But thanks again!!! Think I'll try that one later when my brain has recovered!!!!!

Does anyone know how to get Youtube to play back at 60fps? The frame rate on my uploads looks like garbage despite the high quality I'm capturing them in.
I believe I read somewhere that YT is locked to 30fps max. Which is really unfortunate because it not only makes videos like yours look less than their best, but it also gives people the mistaken impression that this game is "clunky".

Very nice Frankenkombo btw. I noticed you landed that fan lift from a considerable distance. I wasn't aware that you could do that and have been tearing my hair out trying to dash in close enough to land it which makes me drop the combo.

DrDogg

Noob
Very nice Frankenkombo btw. I noticed you landed that fan lift from a considerable distance. I wasn't aware that you could do that and have been tearing my hair out trying to dash in close enough to land it which makes me drop the combo.
It's the EX Fan Lift. It executes faster and has considerably more range than the normal Fan Lift.

Just as a note, I'll be updating the combo list at the end of this page.

Pretty easy combo from f+4,1 with good damage:

f+4,1~dash, b+2~air fan, dash, fan, dash, 4~cutter 42%

Corner combo from same starter:
f+4,1, b+2~air fan, fan, 4~fan, 2~cutter, 2~cutter 51%

As long as you get used to the dash cancel of f+4,1, it's extremely consistent, I also edited my post with a no meter corner combo from the same starter.

It seems as that from any combo that you end leading to the corner wither cutting fan, you can tag on another 2~cutting fan at the end, not 100% about this but from what I've tested it seems true and I've had my suspicions about this for some time.

Okizeme combo enders, Anything that ends with ~cutter can be changed to:
4~:en fan, d,b+4 OR b+4 depeding on what type of okizeme you want.

d,b+4 gives an automatic safejump if you just hold uf and do the punch really late, b+4 gives you a free xup.

DrDogg

Noob
Okizeme combo enders, Anything that ends with ~cutter can be changed to:
4~:en fan, d,b+4 OR b+4 depeding on what type of okizeme you want.

d,b+4 gives an automatic safejump if you just hold uf and do the punch really late, b+4 gives you a free xup.
How does d,b+4 lead to a safe jump? Can't the opponent still roll and/or use an invincible wake up attack?

I've been really hesitant to apply pressure on wake up in this game. Some character's invincible wake up attacks are just really good.

Urichinan

@Urichinan
There is no tag thread so I'll just throw this in here.

Sindel/Kitana, Sindel on point:

Jump in 1/2 > b+3,f+2 > Tag in Kitana > 2 > Fan Toss > 4 > Fan Lift > Dash Twice > b+2 > Air Fan Toss > Dash > Fan Toss > Dash > f+2 > Cutting Fan= 51% Meterless damage.

It's the EX Fan Lift. It executes faster and has considerably more range than the normal Fan Lift.

Just as a note, I'll be updating the combo list at the end of this page.
That makes sense. I was actually thinking about doing this for my all combos with fan lift in the middle. Seeing as using x-ray is pretty much a waste this far into a combo it's probably best to us ex fan lift and save 2 bars for a breaker if needed.

If it's later in the round and you wanna close it out just use EX lift, EX fan and EX cutter on the end. I would imagine that in these long combos that come out to 50%+ that an EX fan and EX cutter would give you nearly the same damage as an x-ray. If fan lift does damage (I haven't paid attention to whether it does or not) then it's almost assured comparable damage.

I'll test it out in a bit here and see what I come up with.

The only use for her X-ray is to punish things such as projectiles and whiffed normals on reaction, during combos it's much better to use that meter for :en fan rather than anything else.
:en fan lift also works great as a way to stop people from jumping in from outside your regular anti-air range, I don't know if anyone here has played SFIV, but with Sagat if people are jumping in outside of his tiger uppecut range, he has f+hk to tag them anyway, so it works kind of like that.

How does d,b+4 lead to a safe jump? Can't the opponent still roll and/or use an invincible wake up attack?

I've been really hesitant to apply pressure on wake up in this game. Some character's invincible wake up attacks are just really good.
If they use a wakeup attack I'm pretty sure you should be able to block it, it's difficult to test with this training mode.
All I can say is that the jumping punch seems to hit as late as possible, so she should be able to block pretty much everything afterwards.

The only use for her X-ray is to punish things such as projectiles and whiffed normals on reaction, during combos it's much better to use that meter for :en fan rather than anything else.
That's been my train of thought as well, unless it's the final round and it will definitely close out the match then there's no reason not to use it.

Dark Kobra

Hitbox™ Enthusiast
Beginner combo video:

Nothing special, just BnB's... Lots and lots BnB's... :(
Very nice video there fella... quite a few combos I like the look of ;).... Great video for people like myself trying to understand Kitana and what can be done. Looking forward to seeing your next video :D

Great stuff!!!!

Urichinan

@Urichinan
Jump in 1/2 > f+2 > EX Fan Toss > Jump in 1/2 > f+4 > EX Fan Toss > Jump in 1/2 > f+2,1 > nj+1/2 > Dash > 4 > Fan Toss > j+1/2 > Air Fan Toss > Fan Toss > b+2 > EX Air Fan Toss > Fan Toss > Fan Toss > 3,3,3 > Cutting Fan= 70%

Urichinan

@Urichinan
Oh, thanks for that. My friend sent me that combo so I figured I'd throw it up.

That's an AMAZING video. @.@

lobo

woof.
oh wow. i wish i'd been here earlier. you guys make me feel so scrubby. well, this is the first 2d game i have ever played past like 3 days, and i am really fucking loving it. idk why but kitana is fo sho my main.

forgive me for over simplifying and posting combos way inferior to what is in here, but here is what i like to do because a: leaves me up close for pressure on wakeup and b: is so easy that even i can't drop them mid match. i'm new to both MK and 2d in general so please correct me if my notations are bad.

staple BnB: f21 > b2~airfan > fan > ff21 8 hits 35% +oki

fan lift > j. 3~airfan > fan > ff21 7 hits 25% damage (can be combo'd into by a couple of her 2 strings. also airfan tends to whiff if you do it early.)

f41 > f21 yeah LOL your heart out. it is easy, unfuckupable, and i can't seem to make anything else work after f41.

reading back i see you guys have found far better stuff, and i was almost embarrassed to post these, but these are so easy that i'm sticking to them until i can wrap my brain around 2d zoning, negative edge, dash cancelling and some other new-to-me concepts. i recommend them for anyone who is having some trouble getting the hang of the metagame like i am. i find if i focus early on combos before i really understand a game, i tend to try too hard to land them instead of simple things that i need to be working on instead. hopefully these will find a home with some of the other noobs.

SkatanMilla, do you have any advice for getting the b2 to link after f41? i swear i just spent 15 minutes and couldn't get it to work one time. i hate launching over and over and knowing what to do but not knowing how to make it work.

thanks. hopefully in a month or two i'll actually be used to this enough to contribute something more meaty.

SkatanMilla, do you have any advice for getting the b2 to link after f41? i swear i just spent 15 minutes and couldn't get it to work one time. i hate launching over and over and knowing what to do but not knowing how to make it work.
f+4,1 has to be dash canceled, that's pretty much the only tip I can give you, other than that it's just about learning the timing.

lobo

woof.
yeah skatan that is what i was afraid of...lol. i've gotten the combo a few times now, but it is nowhere where i need it to be to actually execute it mid-match. for now i'm sticking to my un-fuckupable f41 > f21 for a measly 24%. 24% off a safe overhead isn't half bad still, though!

i've been doing idol hands' corner combo since last night...still working my way up to the harder ones. anyway for what it is worth i've found that instead of

f41 > b2~airfan > b2~airfan for 37%

you can do

f41 > b2~airfan > 4~cutter for 37% if you hold forward and step in after b2~airfan the 4~cutter will never whiff. since i'm prioritizing consistency over damage at this point i'm sticking with this until i find something better.

DrDogg

Noob
You should give credit where it's due, this is the last combo in the Persona video posted on the front page of SRK the other day.

http://shoryuken.com/content/mk9-kitana-combo-video-persona-4393/
A lot of the combos in that video are listed on the front page of this thread. So either he didn't give credit, or he simply doesn't frequent this site. Either way, I have a hard time believing the the two people credited at the end of the video came up with all those combos before we did.

It will take a minute to get the dash canceling down. You have to do it earlier and faster than you'd think. The negative edge and buffering will take far longer to get used to. It needs to be patched. I don't know how many times I'll get 2~d,f+2 when I want 2~fan toss. It's not poor execution on my part, it's the ridiculous negative edge system. -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.