What's new

Tech Kitana Kombo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomyn

Snoctopus
I'm also not the only one complaining of this issue. A patch is needed. I don't see how you can even question that. This is not something that the players should have to work around. When I input 2,df I should not get 2~cutter.
Oh I agree, it's definitely stupid. I was just stating that it is possible to deal with. It's kinda like the shortcuts from SSFIV, only to an extreme level.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Was messing around with corner combos... she has some really fancy stuff, but it's hard to break 50 starting with f21 when they are already in the corner... so I tried her 51 midscreen in the corner and it works even easier as you don't need to dash at all.

51 all day, anywhere on the screen lol

lobo

woof.
Was messing around with corner combos... she has some really fancy stuff, but it's hard to break 50 starting with f21 when they are already in the corner... so I tried her 51 midscreen in the corner and it works even easier as you don't need to dash at all.

51 all day, anywhere on the screen lol
you're supposed to keep these things to yourself until after they patch!

Altsa

I tried to come up with the most damaging MID SCREEN x-ray combo: jump punch, f21, jump punch, 4, fan toss, dash, 2, fan lift, dash,dash, b2, fan toss, x-ray 53% damage, 15 hits. hard part is connecting the normal fan lift.

Edit. Also, instead of using the x-ray, use fan toss, dash, 2, cutting fan. Results in 49% combo with no meter at all

I tried to come up with the most damaging MID SCREEN x-ray combo: jump punch, f21, jump punch, 4, fan toss, dash, 2, fan lift, dash,dash, b2, fan toss, x-ray 53% damage, 15 hits. hard part is connecting the normal fan lift.

Edit. Also, instead of using the x-ray, use fan toss, dash, 2, cutting fan. Results in 49% combo with no meter at all
pretty much a variance of Persona's combo

but instead of just X-raying after the air fan you can go b2-> air fan-> fan-> jump x-ray

jump x-ray comes out faster. (reminds me of Cable's AVHB almost -_-)

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana

Use 4~fan lift instead of 2 and you get 2% more damage. This was posted some pages back.

lobo

woof.
my newest midscreen BnB addition is:

f41, f2~fan, f2~cutter 9 hits 36% absolutely impossible to fuck up lol.

corner:

f41, b2~AF, fan, ff, 4~cutter 10 hits 42% EX cutter at the end gives 46%

these combos are both way too easy to yield that high of damage. i could go for more but the odds of these getting dropped are pretty much none.

i love kitana.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
One of these days I am going to record a bunch of matches. There are literally NO good kitana players in any match videos online.

I mess around with Cage and Sub also, and just tried out Kung Lao the other day too lol

Shiizu

Theory Fighter
Been using Kitana since Day 1 and she can really wreck stuff. I've been practicing her 58% combo listed here (thanks to Konqrr), but I prefer doing 2~Fan Lift instead of 4~Fan Lift. It does 2% less damage overall, but I just find it much easier to connect lol, especially when there's lag online.

Speaking of combos, whenever you get a punish off a 21 where normally f21 would be too slow to punish, you have to burn a meter in order to get the full combo and maximize the punish. But instead of :x fan, i've been trying to use cutter lately. That move is really nice to end ground strings with since it leaves the opponent in a stagger state, meaning huge frame advantage for Kitana. Right after the move, she can jump towards the opponent, and they'll be forced to block high if they're expecting an overhead. Instead, you could fake the overhead and just land, and go for a throw/sweep. If they block low instead, and you guess right, then you get a free 50+% combo off an overhead. This is one of the few nice mixups Kitana can play and make up for her lack of instant overheads.

Simply put, cutter is awesome. ^_^

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Been using Kitana since Day 1 and she can really wreck stuff. I've been practicing her 58% combo listed here (thanks to Konqrr), but I prefer doing 2~Fan Lift instead of 4~Fan Lift. It does 2% less damage overall, but I just find it much easier to connect lol, especially when there's lag online.

Speaking of combos, whenever you get a punish off a 21 where normally f21 would be too slow to punish, you have to burn a meter in order to get the full combo and maximize the punish. But instead of :x fan, i've been trying to use cutter lately. That move is really nice to end ground strings with since it leaves the opponent in a stagger state, meaning huge frame advantage for Kitana. Right after the move, she can jump towards the opponent, and they'll be forced to block high if they're expecting an overhead. Instead, you could fake the overhead and just land, and go for a throw/sweep. If they block low instead, and you guess right, then you get a free 50+% combo off an overhead. This is one of the few nice mixups Kitana can play and make up for her lack of instant overheads.

Simply put, cutter is awesome. ^_^
That's one thing I don't like when I fail to look at my opponent's meter and I do 21~:en Fan then they break after that and I lose my meter. If I would have read my opponent's meter, I would have done 21~Fan Lift instead. This is in situations where I dash in to punish a move that f21 is too slow for like a gravity squeeze done too close.

That's one thing I don't like when I fail to look at my opponent's meter and I do 21~:en Fan then they break after that and I lose my meter. If I would have read my opponent's meter, I would have done 21~Fan Lift instead. This is in situations where I dash in to punish a move that f21 is too slow for like a gravity squeeze done too close.
21 ex fan is good to force meter burn, while 21 fan lift is more manage-able and less likely to be breaker unless they see a reason that they HAVE to

Shiizu

Theory Fighter
Saw your post in the other thread about cutter. I hadn't really tested it, but good to know. Sucks that you can't follow it up with any jump setups safely. I guess 21~Fan Lift is probably her best meterless option then. Are there any good combos that can be followed up by Fan Lift? Best one I know is fan lift, dash, b2~air fan, dash, fan, dash, 4~cutter. Does about 30%... probably even more if you start with a 21 string.

IMO, Kitana builds meter pretty easily thanks to her overall safe special moves, so throwing out an :en fan every now and then doesn't seem to be too harmful. If you can connect one of those, they lead to a combo from full screen.

Saw your post in the other thread about cutter. I hadn't really tested it, but good to know. Sucks that you can't follow it up with any jump setups safely. I guess 21~Fan Lift is probably her best meterless option then. Are there any good combos that can be followed up by Fan Lift? Best one I know is fan lift, dash, b2~air fan, dash, fan, dash, 4~cutter. Does about 30%... probably even more if you start with a 21 string.

IMO, Kitana builds meter pretty easily thanks to her overall safe special moves, so throwing out an :en fan every now and then doesn't seem to be too harmful. If you can connect one of those, they lead to a combo from full screen.
21~fan lift, dash, njp, b2~air fan, fan, 4~cutter

lobo

woof.
slowly but surely my meterless mid screen BnB is growing. it is still VASTLY easier than any of the fan lift or EX fan lift link combos listed.

f21, b2~AF, fan, ff, f2~fan, f2~cutter ~43-44% midscreen no meter

lobo

woof.
i've come to the conclusion...i hate fan lift combos. it think it scales damage moreso than other moves or something.

anyway my current BnB list:

f21, b2~AF, ff, 4~fan, f2~cutter EZPZ combo, 41% midscreen no meter. j.p at the beginning raises it to 44%

f41, f2~fan, f2~cutter also EZ-mode combo. 36% midscreen

corner:

f41, b2~AF, ff, 4~fan, f2~cutter ALSO EZ mode combo... 46% dmg. j.p~combo~EXcutter at the end =51% LOL

i've managed to get my damage up there while eliminating all dash cancels and difficult links! screw those 20 hit combos that net the same damage of maaaaaaaybe 5% more. screw all that dash cancel riffraff. screw falling back on EX lift. screw using my meter on anything but breakers! kitana is the muthafuggin BEEZ NEEZ.

i think i've earned a combo spot on the OP. all those other combos are like two or three times as hard to pull off and they MIGHT get you more damage.

simplicity = brilliance.

:D

@ konqrr: would you please scribe out your 51% anywhere combo for me? i'd like to try it out!

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
The 51 is not my combo, but I land it 95% of the time:

f21, u1/2, ff~4~Fan, ff~4~Fan Lift, ff, ff, b2~Air Fan, ff, Fan, ff~4~Cutter

A lot of "ff" in there...ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffiftyonepct

You can do it in the corner for easy-mode 51% just backdash after the u1/2 and wait a bit longer than usual.

Shiizu

Theory Fighter
That's the combo I use nearly everytime as well with very good success rate. The dashes aren't that bad, you get used to it after a while.

Here's a meterless combo I came up with after an air fan:

ff~f2~Fan, ff~f2~Cutter

Simple combo that does 29% off an air fan. Depending on the distance, you may need to input more dashes in the beginning. I've managed to land it from full screen a couple of times.

So for this combo here... 51% - f+2,1, NJP, 4~Fan Toss, 4~Fan Lift, ff, ff, b+2~Air Fan Toss, Fan Toss, 4~d,f+2 (bob)

There's no notation for a dash between the NJP and the fan lift. I've been trying it without a dash and I don't see any way to get the 4~fan lift to connect without dashing either after the NJP or fan toss. Also I find the dashing to be a pain in the ass because you have to cancel it early if you want the fan lift to connect. Am I doing something wrong or should there be a dash here? :confused:
Also any tips/tricks for getting the dash down consistently or am i just bad?

lobo

woof.
So for this combo here... 51% - f+2,1, NJP, 4~Fan Toss, 4~Fan Lift, ff, ff, b+2~Air Fan Toss, Fan Toss, 4~d,f+2 (bob)

There's no notation for a dash between the NJP and the fan lift. I've been trying it without a dash and I don't see any way to get the 4~fan lift to connect without dashing either after the NJP or fan toss. Also I find the dashing to be a pain in the ass because you have to cancel it early if you want the fan lift to connect. Am I doing something wrong or should there be a dash here? :confused:
Also any tips/tricks for getting the dash down consistently or am i just bad?
my advice? forget about that extra 5% and cut the combo in half and make it 20X easier by doing f21, b2~AF, ff, 4~fan, f2~cutter for 41% EX cutter if by a wall at the end and get 45 or 46%. i've been gradually adding to my BnB to get that extra couple percent, but i value consistency over anything. once you do this one 100%, then work that fan lift in and go from there. for the 51% combo...you have to dash LOTS. i ignore the ff notation in the combo and just dash at every possible opportunity.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Can I combo Fanlift after any attack? Wichones can I i've tried it at different speeds and can't do it off any attack
If you have already hit with an air fan, the fan lift will end the combo. If you are having trouble landing the fan lift because they fall too fast, then you need to use the :en fan lift in that particular situation.

I mainly stick with 4 BnBs

the 51% konq mention but a variant doing like 48%

the 21 ex fan into the above mention bnb for 53%~

the jump in kick air fan, 4 air fan 2 cutter for like 38%

and the 4,1 string leading to about 40~% as well

Status
Not open for further replies.