What's new

Tech Kitana Kombo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuSix3

Boob
Note: Here is the copy and paste for the OP, but if the OP is not updated at least every time we get to a new page, I'm just going to create a new thread and ask that the mods close this one. I will also be adding damage to any that are missing.

Key

JK = Jump Kick = Jump 3 or 4
JP = Jump Punch = Jump Forward or Jump Back 1 or 2
ff = Forward Dash

Note: A jump punch starter can be added to any combo that starts on the ground with a normal combo string.

UNBREAKABLE COMBOS

2 Bars

26% - Fan Lift, Air Fan Toss, Fan Toss, EX Fan Toss (hold), ff, Fan Toss, EX Fan Toss (hold), ff, Fan Toss (Action Kungfu)

Full Meter

27% - Fan Lift, Air Fan Toss, X-Ray (Action Kungfu)

30% - Fan Lift, Air Fan Toss, Fan Toss, EX Fan Toss (hold), ff, Fan Toss, EX Fan Toss, ff, Fan Toss, EX Fan Toss, ff, Fan Toss (Action Kungfu)

31% - Naked X-Ray (Action Kungfu)

MID-SCREEN COMBOS

Fan Lift - Starter

25% - Fan Lift, JK~Air Fan Toss, Fan Toss, ff, f+2,1 (DrDogg)

f+2,1 - Starter

(Mr. Kitana)

39% - f+2,1, b+2~Air Fan Toss, ff, 4~Fan Toss, f+2,1 (NuSix3)

47% - f+2,1, f+2~ Fan Toss, 4~Fan Lift, ff, ff, b+2~Air Fan Toss, ff, Fan Toss, ff, 4~d,f+2 (bob)

48% - f+2,1, 4~Fan Toss, 4~Fan Lift, ff, ff, b+2~Air Fan Toss, ff, Fan Toss, ff, 4~d,f+2 (DaeDraug)

51% - f+2,1, u+1, 4~Fan Toss, 4~Fan Lift, ff, ff, b+2~Air Fan Toss, Fan Toss, 4~d,f+2 (bob)

55% (1 bar) - f+2,1, u+1, 4~Fan Toss, 2~Fan Toss, 2~EX Fan Lift, ff, ff, b+2~Air Fan Toss, ff, Fan Toss, ff, 4~d,f+2, 2 (bob)

f+4,1 - Starter

30-31% - f+4, 1, d,f+2, d+1, d, f+2, d+1, d, f+2, d+1, d, f+2, d+1, d, f+2 (Zero Kyori)**

30-31% - f+4, 1, d,f+2, d+1, d+1, d+1, d, f+2, d+1, d, f+2, d+1, d, f+2 (Zero Kyori)**

30-32% - f+4,1~Fan Lift, ff, JK~Air Fan Toss, 3,3,3~d,b+3 (NuSix3)

36% - f+4,1, ff, b+3,3~Fan Lift, ff, JK~Air Fan Toss, Fan Toss, ff, f+2,1 (DrDogg)****

42% - f+4,1, ff, 4~Fan Lift, ff, ff, 4~Fan Toss, ff (mini-dash), 2~Fan Toss, f+2~d,f+2 (SkatanMilla)

47% (1 bar) - f+4,1, ff, 2~Fan Toss, ff, b+3,3~EX Fan Lift, ff, ff, b+2~Air Fan Toss, ff, Fan Toss, ff, f~df+2 (DrDogg)

48% (1 bar) - f+4,1, ff, 2~Fan Toss, f+2~EX Fan Lift, ff, ff, b+2~Air Fan Toss, ff, Fan Toss, ff, 4~d,f+2 (bob)

**After the second rep, you can link d+1, d, b+3. Your looking about 30-31% damage. Not real practical, but somewhat flashy.

****You can x-ray after the JK~air fan toss for 39%.

f+3,1 - Starter

36% - f+3,1~Fan Lift, ff, u+2, ff, b+2~Air Fan Toss, ff, Fan Toss, 4, d,f+2 (Action Kungfu)

2,1 - Starter

(Full Meter) - 2,1~EX Fan Toss (hold), ff~uf, JP, 2,1~EX Fan Toss (hold), ff~uf, JP, 2,1~EX Fan Toss (hold), ff~uf, JP, f+2,1, 4~Fan Toss, ff, 4~Fan Lift, ff JK~Air Fan Toss, ff, Fan Toss, ff, 4~d,f+2 (Konqrr)

37% - 2,1~Fan Lift, JK~Air Fan Toss, 4~Fan Toss, 4~d,f+2 (Konqrr)

38% - 2,1~Fan Lift, wait, b+2~Air Fan Toss, 4~Fan Toss, 4~d,f+2 (Konqrr)

40% - 2,1~Fan Lift, ff, u+1, b+2~Air Fan Toss, ff, 4~Fan Toss, f+2~d,f+2 (bob)

42% - 2,1~Fan Lift, ff, u+1, ff, 4~Fan Toss, ff, 4~Fan Toss, f+2~d,f+2 (Konqrr)

50% (1 bar) - 2,1~EX Fan Toss (hold), ff, f+2,1, u+1, 4~Fan Toss, ff, 2~Fan Lift, ff, JK~Air Fan Toss, ff, Fan Toss, 4~d,f+2 (Action Kungfu)

53% (1 bar) - 2,1~EX Fan Toss (hold), ff~uf, JP~f+2,1, 4~Fan Toss, ff, 4~Fan Lift, ff, JK~Air Fan Toss, ff, Fan Toss, ff, 4~d,f+2 (Konqrr)

Other Starters

40% - b+2~Air Fan Toss, ff, Fan Toss, ff, 2~Fan Toss, 2~d,f+2 (sliverfish)

CORNER COMBOS

2,1 - Starter

52% (1 bar) - 2,1~EX Fan Toss, ff, f+2,1, u+2, 4~Fan Toss, 4~Fan Lift, ub+4~Air Fan Toss, Fan Toss, ff, 4~d,f+2 (SkatanMilla)

f+4,1 - Starter

f+4,1, b+2~Air Fan Toss, ff, b+2~Air Fan Toss (Idle Hands)

47% - f+4,1, 2~Fan Toss, b+3,3~Fan Lift, JK~Air Fan Toss, Fan Toss, 3,3~d,f+2 (DrDogg)**

49% - f+4,1, 2~Fan Toss, b+3,3~Fan Lift, b+2~Air Fan Toss, Fan Toss, ff, 3,3,3~df+2 (DrDogg)****

**You can x-ray after the JK~air fan toss for 49%.

****After the b+2, you need to delay the air fan toss slightly to make sure it hits in the corner.
I litterally just finished transcribing every god damn combo into excel and was getting ready to make my post before i refreshed the page and saw this. I'm so pissed right now.

2,1 isn't a combo starter by the way. You should throw those combos into whatever actual launcher they use after the 2,1.

And secondly, can we all agree that "u2" is NJP? u+2 isn't even the correct command. NJP says it all really and makes this easier to read.

Thirdly, can we ditch all two-word combinations like air fan, ground fan. For one, there is no reason to distinguish between the 2 since you can easily say air fan by doing JK~fan or J~fan - in both cases you are canceling the jump to do fan so the tilda makes perfect sense.

EDIT: Fourthly, i think we need to come up with something better than Ex-Fan (hold) that's wicked confusing since you can actually hold the god damn button to delay the fan throw. I vote for Ex-fan~(whatever you canceled with)

Mileena

Noob
Awesome combo b/c you are right, positional advantage is VERY important b/c when you zone the opponent the way you want to, you have a lot of it in the bag, so to speak. I will have to take bits and pieces of what I like from the combos to try to create my own thing because thats why I always try to do, is find my style.
Thanks a lot. Glad I could be of some help somewhere. Seems like posting combos is becoming a bit of a dick swinging contest right now.

Kitana Corner Combo I made up today :

2,1, EX Fan toss (hold) ff, 2,1, EX Fan Toss (hold) ff, 2,1, EX Fan Toss, (Hold) ff, f+2,1, B+2, d,f+1, (dash a bit) d,f+1, 4, d,f+2. - 17 hits, 49% dmg

DrDogg

Noob
39%- 1,1~fan lift, dash, u2, b2, air fan, dash, ground fan, dash, 2~ground fan, dash, 2~df+2
41% - 2,1~fan lift, dash, u2, b2, air fan, dash, ground fan, dash, 2~ground fan, dash, 2~df+2
45% - f+2,1, u2, dash, u2, b2, air fan, dash, ground fan, dash, 2~ground fan, dash, 2~df+2
51% - 2,1 ~ ex-fan (hold cancel), jp2, f+2,1, u2, dash, b2, air fan, dash, ground fan, dash, 2~ground fan, dash, 2~df+2

Also update:
43% - b+2~air Fan, dash, ground fan, dash, 4~ground fan, 2~d,f+2

Also:
40% - f+3,1~fan lift, dash, u2, b2, air fan, dash, ground fan, dash, 2~ground fan, dash, 2~df+2

Sorry couldn't finish it before you complied.
Added.

Kitana Corner Combo I made up today :

2,1, EX Fan toss (hold) ff, 2,1, EX Fan Toss (hold) ff, 2,1, EX Fan Toss, (Hold) ff, f+2,1, B+2, d,f+1, (dash a bit) d,f+1, 4, d,f+2. - 17 hits, 49% dmg
Added.

Thanks a lot. Glad I could be of some help somewhere. Seems like posting combos is becoming a bit of a dick swinging contest right now.
I would tend to agree with that, but for the time being it's good to see what kind of options Kitana has. Once we've gotten through this phase, I'll clean up the list a bit and remove any combos that are obsolete.

1. I litterally just finished transcribing every god damn combo into excel and was getting ready to make my post before i refreshed the page and saw this. I'm so pissed right now.

2. 2,1 isn't a combo starter by the way. You should throw those combos into whatever actual launcher they use after the 2,1.

3. And secondly, can we all agree that "u2" is NJP? u+2 isn't even the correct command. NJP says it all really and makes this easier to read.

4. Thirdly, can we ditch all two-word combinations like air fan, ground fan. For one, there is no reason to distinguish between the 2 since you can easily say air fan by doing JK~fan or J~fan - in both cases you are canceling the jump to do fan so the tilda makes perfect sense.

5. EDIT: Fourthly, i think we need to come up with something better than Ex-Fan (hold) that's wicked confusing since you can actually hold the god damn button to delay the fan throw. I vote for Ex-fan~(whatever you canceled with)
1. I would apologize for your inconvenience, but since you couldn't be bothered to say, "thank you", and instead just provided a list of complaints, I'll just recommend you transcribe faster next time. Cheers...

2. A combo starter is whatever the combo starts with. I figured the definition was fairly self-explanatory. This isn't Tekken where combo starters are restricted to launchers or stuns.

3. Changed this and added a note to the key section.

4. If it's really that big of a deal, I can add a note to the key section and drop "Toss" from the combos if other people agree. However, I feel that "Air" should stay because anyone new to Kitana who reads the combos may not know when you're supposed to use the air fan compared to the ground fan.

5. If everyone can agree upon a suggestion I'll change it. Otherwise I'll just add a note to the Key section that explains what "(hold)" means.

NuSix3

Boob
Added.

Added.

I would tend to agree with that, but for the time being it's good to see what kind of options Kitana has. Once we've gotten through this phase, I'll clean up the list a bit and remove any combos that are obsolete.

1. I would apologize for your inconvenience, but since you couldn't be bothered to say, "thank you", and instead just provided a list of complaints, I'll just recommend you transcribe faster next time. Cheers...

2. A combo starter is whatever the combo starts with. I figured the definition was fairly self-explanatory. This isn't Tekken where combo starters are restricted to launchers or stuns.

3. Changed this and added a note to the key section.

4. If it's really that big of a deal, I can add a note to the key section and drop "Toss" from the combos if other people agree. However, I feel that "Air" should stay because anyone new to Kitana who reads the combos may not know when you're supposed to use the air fan compared to the ground fan.

5. If everyone can agree upon a suggestion I'll change it. Otherwise I'll just add a note to the Key section that explains what "(hold)" means.
Oh, I'm sorry that the fucking kid who whined 3 times about something before sucking it up and doing it himself beat me to it. Who would have saw that coming?

2,1 is not a launcher it's a hit check and you have a whole list of options to use, not just 2,1.

Tell me about it, and it's probably going to worsen when it comes to strategies especially seeing as though atleast imo, at this point this game doesn't follow a "set play"(you must use strat A or play in style A, or lose, similar to many other 2d fighters) philosophy, giving it plenty of room for freestyle expression as the better 3d fighters do.

To be perfectly honest, I think there's a sort of choke points with combos. 33-34% is quite alright, because that's 3 correct guesses per round, especially when positioning and options take into account. After that, 50% would be a good choke point, cause it's 2 correct guesses per round. Positioning is mad important, and the fact that some combos are so large that they can be susceptible to breakers, and building large amounts of meter for your opponent as well(to use on you, that round), to use said breaker.

DrDogg

Noob
Oh, I'm sorry that the fucking kid who whined 3 times about something before sucking it up and doing it himself beat me to it. Who would have saw that coming?

2,1 is not a launcher it's a hit check and you have a whole list of options to use, not just 2,1.
I didn't realize that requesting the thread starter update his own thread was whining. The reason I did it now is because I finally had the time to do so. Perhaps you should've looked at the post I made much earlier and at least ask if that's what I was planning on doing if you were going to get an attitude about wasting your time.

That said, I'm sure you spent quite a bit of time working on transcribing the combos, so I understand your frustration. But that doesn't mean you need to take it out this way.

Now, when did I say 2,1 is a launcher? If people wish to list combos that start with other hit confirmable strings, I'll list those as well. Right now I'm just trying to be a comprehensive as possible.

Tell me about it, and it's probably going to worsen when it comes to strategies especially seeing as though atleast imo, at this point this game doesn't follow a "set play"(you must use strat A or play in style A, or lose, similar to many other 2d fighters) philosophy, giving it plenty of room for freestyle expression as the better 3d fighters do.

To be perfectly honest, I think there's a sort of choke points with combos. 33-34% is quite alright, because that's 3 correct guesses per round, especially when positioning and options take into account. After that, 50% would be a good choke point, cause it's 2 correct guesses per round. Positioning is mad important, and the fact that some combos are so large that they can be susceptible to breakers, and building large amounts of meter for your opponent as well(to use on you, that round), to use said breaker.
You bring up a very good about meter building. I think it would be beneficial to start looking at the combos we have and estimate how much meter they build for the opponent. I may do that when it's time to narrow down the combos and remove anyting that's obsolete.

On the other hand, I'll be doing the most damaging combo in any situation. So whether it's broken or not, I'll still use the highest damaging combo.

NuSix3

Boob
Now, when did I say 2,1 is a launcher? If people wish to list combos that start with other hit confirmable strings, I'll list those as well. Right now I'm just trying to be a comprehensive as possible.
Fair enough. I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth. I also didn't mean for you to go around individually and remove 2,1 from each combo. All I was trying to say that it makes more sense categorizing them by the type of launcher rather than the combo starter since that particular combo is useful to anyone who plans on using that launcher in their combo.

I thought it was kind of funny while i was reading through this earlier and saw a few posts asking for more lift combos when really we had quite a few but they were all disguised with hit checks.

EDIT: I made a video with some of the combos we've been talking about. It's nice to see them in action sometimes instead of just reading about them!
Thanks Konqrr, the video is very much appreciated!

I'm wondering though...

Maybe the next video you make you could lower the game sound and increase/add the sound of your button presses? I know it's not going to pick up the sound of your stick when you dash (which is where I think my execution problems lay) but it would help immensely in getting the timing down on some of the more difficult combos. If it's too much hassle then don't bother, just thought I'd ask if it's possible.

I can do the first 2 about half the time when I don't accidentally hit down or hold forward after a dash screwing the timing of my normals. The last one though, with Sheeva, I have to ask. Is that one only possible on Sheeva because of her height? I've given up in the second jps and just go into f + 2, 1, nj.p because I can't land that jps on sub zero (the default practice dummy).

Thanks in advance for your help and again thank you very much for the vid, it's helping to level up my play considerably.

edit: I really need to get over this waiting for a move to connect before performing the next one. I JUST NOW realized that I could buffer the dash after nj.p just after that punch, long before I hit the ground. That made it infinitely more easy to connect the rest of the combo.

so now I have 1, 2, 4 and 5 down. Still can't get that 58% one done on Sheeva. I haven't tried it on her yet either. canceling ex fan then jumping it going to take some practice.

Lomyn

Snoctopus
In the corner, Kitana can do d+1, d, f+2 x4 from.....

f+4, 1, d,f+2, d+1, d, f+2, d+1, d, f+2, d+1, d, f+2, d+1, d, f+2
f+4, 1, d,f+2, d+1, d+1, d+1, d, f+2, d+1, d, f+2, d+1, d, f+2

After the second rep, you can link d+1, d, b+3. Your looking about 30-31% damage. Not real practical, but somewhat flashy.
Recorded this, and uploaded it.

EDIT: Also added a jump-in combo of easier difficulty.

DrDogg

Noob
Fair enough. I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth. I also didn't mean for you to go around individually and remove 2,1 from each combo. All I was trying to say that it makes more sense categorizing them by the type of launcher rather than the combo starter since that particular combo is useful to anyone who plans on using that launcher in their combo.

I thought it was kind of funny while i was reading through this earlier and saw a few posts asking for more lift combos when really we had quite a few but they were all disguised with hit checks.
I've actually noticed that some of the combos change when you add a hit confirm to the beginning of it. The gravity toward the end of the combo is effected, and of course the damage changes as well.

The reason I want the hit confirm combos separate is because it's just much easier to find this way. There's no extra work involved for the reader when they need to find combos starting with specific attacks.

I'll go through all of the hit confirm combos and see what's practical for starting with fan lift, because in some cases, that's Kitana's best/easiest punisher.

Lomyn

Snoctopus
I've actually noticed that some of the combos change when you add a hit confirm to the beginning of it. The gravity toward the end of the combo is effected, and of course the damage changes as well.

The reason I want the hit confirm combos separate is because it's just much easier to find this way. There's no extra work involved for the reader when they need to find combos starting with specific attacks.

I'll go through all of the hit confirm combos and see what's practical for starting with fan lift, because in some cases, that's Kitana's best/easiest punisher.
D+FP is Kitana’s fastest move at i7, followed by d+FK at i9 and Enh. Fan lift at i10. I’m not sure if you can combo meter-less lift from d+FP or d+FK (at work, can’t test), but otherwise your best meterless punish options start at i12 with the 2,1 combos.

This is especially apparent with her b+2~air fan after you do fan lift, if the combo is too short at that point the timing is MUCH stricter.

DrDogg

Noob
D+FP is Kitana's fastest move at i7, followed by d+FK at i9 and Enh. Fan lift at i10. I'm not sure if you can combo meter-less lift from d+FP or d+FK (at work, can't test), but otherwise your best meterless punish options start at i12 with the 2,1 combos.
The frame data is great (I was going to do it, but I'm glad you beat me to it), but I wasn't really looking for her fastest punishers. There are many situations in the game in which the speed of your punisher isn't all that important.

For example, when you block Scorpion's teleport punch, he's considered airborne. The easiest punishment is the Fan Lift because you'll get the same combo whether the Fan Lift connects on the ground or in the air. However, depending on how much of a disadvantage Scorpion is at once he lands, you may be able to wait and use a well-timed f+2,1 or f+4,1 or something similar. In this case, timing is more important than the speed of the attack, because I'm pretty sure all of Kitana's main punishers will connect, it's just a matter of making them connect on the ground.

This is especially apparent with her b+2~air fan after you do fan lift, if the combo is too short at that point the timing is MUCH stricter.
Exactly. I've actually stopped using b+2 to punish because the strict timing isn't worth it.

Lomyn

Snoctopus
Not sure if anyone has posted this yet. Flashy, cool. Not the best use of meter, though. This is a combination of Konqrr's EX Fan -> Jump P starter and combo that someone posted on a friend's facebook wall.

2,1~EX Fan toss ~ dash, uf, j.p ~ 2,1~EX fan toss ~ ff ~f+4, 1 ~ dash ~ 2, d,f+1 ~ dash ~ b+3, 3 ~ EX Fan lift ~ Dash x 2 ~ B+2 ~ Air Fan toss ~ land ~ dash ~ fan toss ~ dash ~ 2, d,f+2 (23 hits, 55% damage - using 4 at the end of the combo doesn't earn any extra damage and is harder to do)

b+2 combo gives 43%, short and quick, its pretty much the punisher to go if your opponent is wide open (ie blocked teleport attack). On the other hand, experienced player certainly won't spam teleport for you to punish, so what can and can not be punished becomes much tricker. For example, you should always be able to punish a blocked fireball at close range, but b+2 certainly won't do, you have to look for other options.

I would never really fan lift as a move by itself or punisher (unless I have plenty of time to react). First the damage isn't great regardless of what you do (not great = <40%). Second, the move require buffer ... and the whole point of it is to instant punish some of the less unsafe moves. Third, its INSANELY unsafe, by insane I mean Katina herself can get 50%+ off a blocked air lift. Do I want to risk losing 50% of my life because I buffer the move 1 frame too late? Not me at least.

Just one more combo to add (Can fully hit confirm):

37% - 3,3,3 ~ fan lift, dash, dash, (instant) u+2, b2, air fan, dash, ground fan, dash, 2~ground fan, dash, 2~d,f+2

Why use 3,3,3 you ask? I first I thought it was good for corner combo ... its range is about the same as 1,1 .. deal less combo damage, tend to whiff (on hit) if used at max range, it certainly got problems. BUT, according to the frame data, it is Katina's second fastest combo able move (looks pretty fast too), only i1 slower than her 2,1. Most importantly, the first hit DOES NOT whiff against crunching opponents, unlike both 2,1 and 1,1, and its a heck lot faster than f+2,1. So if your opponent is playing smart and start ducking and poking your 2s and 1s ... 3,3,3 will teach him some RESPECT.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Wow this thread has a LOT of new posts in it.

Next Kitana video I do will be shaky cam so you can hear my button presses.

Off her f41 starter, I have been using simple stuff like this:

f41, ff, b33~fan lift ...
and
f41, ff, b33~fan, ff, b3~:en fan lift ...

Could you do f41, ff, b33~fan, instant air fan, ff, b3~:en fan lift? I haven't had much time to play lately.

It's good stuff.

Dark Kobra

Hitbox™ Enthusiast
Great combos there and a great site too which am happy to be a part of!.

Here is a little 11 hit ~ 49% dmg w x-ray

Mid Range

f+2,1, u+1, b+2,qcf+1, qcf+1, x-ray. To get the 11 hits, you need the two fans to hit before you tag the x-ray.

Another one branching off from this is:-

Mid Range

f+2,1, u+1, b+2, qcf+1, dash, b+2, air xray..... I think its 10 hits 48% damage...

Hope you guys find these useful and thank you guys for the info on the ex cancels.... Great thread and hope to be able to contribute more to it!

Lomyn

Snoctopus
It always feels like you could use f+4,1,f+2,1 as a starter.... It's such a tease.
I'm going to be posting notes about some of that along with the frame data that I'll be updating this morning.

Also, here is the video to accompany the combo string I posted earlier.

Does anyone know how to get Youtube to play back at 60fps? The frame rate on my uploads looks like garbage despite the high quality I'm capturing them in.

Lomyn

Snoctopus
I have been working on a mega-compilation myself that I plan to have up later tonight. Trying to make sure I give credit to the right people with each combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.