What's new

General/Other - Jax Jax General Discussion

Run Cancel Primer with Jax's BnB as an example.

This technique is considered universal among other characters of the game.
Thanks man! I was the one that asked you this question on your other YouTube video - appreciate the info.

So you can hold block then do the f, ,f? I thought you had to hit f, then f+block.

Last edited:

Burnout

Keep et Classy
Thanks man! I was the one that asked you this question on your other YouTube video - appreciate the info.

So you can hold block then do the f, ,f? I thought you had to hit f, then f+block.
Within certain frames, the inputs of 'ff' and 'block' can be in any order (although to be consistent, ff - block would be wayyyyy preferred than something obscure as 'f - block - f') and as long as u held block during this, the run will come out indefinitely. All you have to concern afterwards is to time your follow up buttons to confirm into a combo.

GraphicGent

When's KOF? (Seriously. I'm waiting. . .)
Shoutouts to @TOC EdDoughBoy and @Burnout on the videos, very helpful!

I know the game is only a week old, but anyone have any suggestions on who to watch/where to find them (VoDs)?
The main player to watch would be Tyrant. There's a pretty long set of him using Heavy Weapons vs. Kung Jin, Kung Lao, and Quan Chi in Aris' twitch stream archive.

The main player to watch would be Tyrant. There's a pretty long set of him using Heavy Weapons vs. Kung Jin, Kung Lao, and Quan Chi in Aris' twitch stream archive.
I forgot to mention that I knew about Tyrant, was looking for others, but didn't know about that Twitch archive. Much appreciated!

There are a few VoDs from the tournament this past weekend up now too:
(vs. Nubcakes' Sub Zero)
(vs. Krazie's D'Vorah)

I forgot to mention that I knew about Tyrant, was looking for others, but didn't know about that Twitch archive. Much appreciated!
Goes to show you how hard those mid screen run cancel combos are -- at least in a real match. I don't think I saw Tyrant hit one -- that cancel out of the rocket launcher in to another string was sick as hell though.

Goes to show you how hard those mid screen run cancel combos are -- at least in a real match. I don't think I saw Tyrant hit one -- that cancel out of the rocket launcher in to another string was sick as hell though.
Well if Jax mid screen was easy he would be cheap but he's not

Shake

Noob
Is it better to spam or try to time combos in this game? specifically talking about the f21-11-f21-gotcha grab that you do after the ex dash punch run cancel. Should i be spamming the 11 after I hit the f21 or just trying to time it right? Is there some game mechanic that makes spamming it worse?

I honestly cant tell what's better I probably hit it more spamming but not exactly sure.

Last edited:
I love watching Tyrant's talent when he plays Jax because mostly he deals with broke Cassie,Erron black, Kung jin and Kung lao. Great to see how far his Jax has come in only a week.