What's new

General/Other - Jax Jax General Discussion

Drecker

GET CITY.
Closing out rounds with EX Ground Pound (corner):

After any string into jab loops, after 3-4 reps depending on the starter, immediately d2 and EX Ground Pound for a mostly unavoidable 13% meaty. Great for ending a round if a Gotcha / EX Gotcha won't quite do the trick.

This trades with most armored moves for the 13% free, but things like D'vorah's X-Ray will clear it cleanly. Know what characters can reversal out of this before going for it, but it's pretty dirty.

Shades of MK9??

guys i need help how u get command grab,i mean i know how to do it ,but when to do it,i cant connect from d12 into command grab its hard,so some tips would be nice

LEGEND

YES!
I think there should be an individual thread for discussing variation specific tools and strategy. I have some ideas but won't be able to lab until nex Wednesday or so. I'll make the thread then if it's not already a thing

Anyone else down?

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
Tick into command throw, side switch, cancel into gotcha to make yourself safe, or EW. You can go for overhead dash punch if you're feeling ballsy.
Yeah just realized you could tick f3/f4. So then they have to guess between the command throw or if they decide to dash out but get hit with the f4 string grab. I'm trying to get the ai to jump back but its not in the settings to see if they get hit with the string grab if they jump out

The Slaj Jazz

guys i need help how u get command grab,i mean i know how to do it ,but when to do it,i cant connect from d12 into command grab its hard,so some tips would be nice
It helps me when I do the tiger knee motion kinda. I roll from down to back then press forward

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
i played against someone who chose Pumped Up and just spammed energy wave and dash punch. the dash punch seemed safe on block and the projectiles would keep me in block stun for way too long i pretty much could not dash in between shots and had to jump which didnt end well lol. anybody else run into something like this?

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I'm pretty sure you can duck under the energy waves, so you can block one move forward and crouch.

When you get in dash punch range just be patient, it recovers fast but blocking it is better than eating a punch trying to attack him right away.

It helps me when I do the tiger knee motion kinda. I roll from down to back then press forward
That's not a Tiger Knee motion though.

I tried to roll from down to back then hit forward still not consistent, it seems actually hitting, d,b,f works more -- but that's not nearly as quick or easy as being able to roll to back then hit forward.

The Slaj Jazz

That's not a Tiger Knee motion though.

I tried to roll from down to back then hit forward still not consistent, it seems actually hitting, d,b,f works more -- but that's not nearly as quick or easy as being able to roll to back then hit forward.
My bad thats what I thought it was called, its easier for me to roll it though. I guess I shoulda said hcbf?

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
Took me a while to find a character I truly enjoy learning the game with and I'd like to thank you all for the tech posted in this thread/forum, going to look over it all tomorrow! Hopefully I will be able to contribute something of my own soon enough.

SixShooter

Is my favourite a Kameo?
Your thoughts on f2,1 beiing +17 on hit? You can check them afterwards with 11, option select-b2, 3f4, etc. Or even 2,3xxOH ex dashpunch if you are feeling ballsy for a full combo. Sets up a nice mix-up IMO. Don't think that they can back dash or armor-through.

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
With negative edge turned off I cant do a dashpunch after a B3,4,EN overhead dash. Its a shame cause its a handy midscreen combo and I want to take advantage of his D4 shenanigans

Drecker

GET CITY.
Fun fact: b3,4 xx Overhead Punch whiffs on Goro.

Comboing after needs to be b34 xx bf4, 11 (continue).

Last edited: