What's new

General/Other - Jax Jax General Discussion

Are there any videos/tutorials on run-cancelling? This is my first MK so I don't know if this is a Jax only mechanic, but it seems highly unlikely. If not, anybody got any tips for executing it? For example, in F21 xx Ex Overhead Punch xx run F21, what exactly do I press after the Ex Overhead? Forward + Forward R2 straight into F2?

Are there any videos/tutorials on run-cancelling? This is my first MK so I don't know if this is a Jax only mechanic, but it seems highly unlikely. If not, anybody got any tips for executing it? For example, in F21 xx Ex Overhead Punch xx run F21, what exactly do I press after the Ex Overhead? Forward + Forward R2 straight into F2?
Also been my issue. I've hit it so I know it's possible but no where near consistent. I guess it's a timing issue - but I also feel my inputs are rushed or not correct.

Last edited:
You're not pressing down+2 -- you're pressing down+2+4 all at the same time (1 direction and 2 buttons), as part of the string immediately after f212 (not delayed by itself).

But yeah, I'd definitely recommend playing another character until you get the hang of the game. Jax doesn't sound like a good fit for you right now.
ok so he does the 3 uppercuts after they fall back you do a jump and superman punch them to the ground yes is this the rght follow up im seeing i can get an uppercut off it in the corner and been doing this superman punch just not got it a controller granted im try on stick still i must of been reading teh commands wrong. sorry im just trying to get better and you know well if you want to know something ask right

so what other simple get ups like that could i practice on that would help me out

Blkmjk

Noob
Also been my issue. I've hit it so I know it's possible but no where near consistent. I guess it's a timing issue - but I also feel my inputs are rushed or not correct.
It doesn't have to be a lightning fast input. I'll try to upload a tutorial or something. You might be doing it too fast to where the run doesn't get to come out before you get the f21. You want it to come out for like a split second so he can move forward a little so it can connect

on run cancling it look slike u don even need to be next to them just enough to get a punch and sometimes looks like u punching air. but yeah.

Jax mid screen combos are really hard, but when you master Jax you understand why he's great in MKX and takes time to master.

WHY DO THEY KEEP PATCHING JAX! commnand throw suddenly does less damage, pre release it gave less damage, on release date they increase the command throw damage, now they lowered it again :(

WHY DO THEY KEEP PATCHING JAX! commnand throw suddenly does less damage, pre release it gave less damage, on release date they increase the command throw damage, now they lowered it again :(

When did they patch Jax? Why does no one know about this patch? How much damage does the command grab do now? Why patch something not is not broke?

Ok so I know what happened....Im not sure if its something wrong with my game....because eron black 112 is back to 0 on block...it used to say -5 and it really was -8....could be NRS just rolling out hotfixes on the backend...or maybe my ps4 is screwed!

Ok so I know what happened....Im not sure if its something wrong with my game....because eron black 112 is back to 0 on block...it used to say -5 and it really was -8....could be NRS just rolling out hotfixes on the backend...or maybe my ps4 is screwed!
Make sure you know what your saying about patchs are true, check your game.

I know exactly whats going on since I had the game a week before...Im just not sure if tis only me or its happening to everyone..I can take a picture right now jax command throw 10% damage vs. 14% damage that it was doing 3 hours ago

I know exactly whats going on since I had the game a week before...Im just not sure if tis only me or its happening to everyone..I can take a picture right now jax command throw 10% damage vs. 14% damage that it was doing 3 hours ago
So your saying NRS patch undercover now, I'm at work can't check. make sure you have the download patch