What's new

General/Other - Jax Jax General Discussion

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
Goes to show you how hard those mid screen run cancel combos are -- at least in a real match. I don't think I saw Tyrant hit one -- that cancel out of the rocket launcher in to another string was sick as hell though.
I found a timing method to make the combo more consistent. I wish I had a mic so I could make a video about it =(

But as of right now I'll do my best to help: The most consistent way for the f21 to connect after EX OH punch is to immediately start up a dash and cancel into run, not just straight up run. It gives you an extra distance boost for the f21 to reach almost consistently. I say this because it's still a little finicky on smaller hitbox characters like cassie and Dvorah to name a few. But in general since I learned this trick I can do it 95% of the time up from 70%.

Last edited:

Drecker

GET CITY.
Immediately start up a dash and cancel into run, not just straight up run. It gives you an extra distance boost for the f21 to reach almost consistently.
I thought this is what everyone did; it makes things so much easier for the majority of the cast. Everyone is way too concerned with finding run shortcuts like f(block)f and I'm just here saying to cancel dash into it because you have a huge window.

If you'd like I can record it and credit you when I get home tonight.

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
I thought this is what everyone did; it makes things so much easier for the majority of the cast. Everyone is way too concerned with finding run shortcuts like f(block)f and I'm just here saying to cancel dash into it because you have a huge window.

Uh sure lol. I'm just trying to help the jax players as much as I can.

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
Does anyone have ground pound combos off of conversions? Been labbing with it and I found that you get the BNB (F21, 11, F21 Slam/Gotcha) off of mid screen and you can get RC F3 BF2 off the far ground pound. Anyone have any better combos?

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads
is it me or does b34 , overhead dash punch (EX), run cancel, f21 not connect?
i can get f21 ex OH punch, run cancel, f21 to work, but off of a b34, it never connects

Shake

Noob

A video would be awesome, trying it in practice but its not working out. I'll keep messing with it and maybe I'll get it.

Drecker

GET CITY.
A video would be awesome, trying it in practice but its not working out. I'll keep messing with it and maybe I'll get it.
Are you on PC by chance? I can watch you over Steam and tell you where you're going wrong with it.

BookBurning

Voidwards
is it me or does b34 , overhead dash punch (EX), run cancel, f21 not connect?
i can get f21 ex OH punch, run cancel, f21 to work, but off of a b34, it never connects
Nope, not really. If you get them in a b34 you might as well just do EX Ohdashpunch into another dashpunch.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
This character... omg he is so much fun, I wish I used him sooner. I chose random for a tower, did some specials, some strings, and then went into the lab. I don't play on maining him but he is a character that I will definitely play on the sidelines. :D GOTCHA!

I rarely get above 15 - 20% combos with jax yet I have such a good win rate with him, I'd consider him my main...If I'm in the corner I can quite easily get 30 - 45 % no problem

game is not all about the long combos but mix ups and safe strings imo

I trade long 30 % mid screen combos with safe but consistent 2 - 4 hit short corner carry combos

anyone else in a similar situaiton to me or are you all hitting his EX overhead punch midscreen combos every chance you get?

I h
I rarely get above 15 - 20% combos with jax yet I have such a good win rate with him, I'd consider him my main...If I'm in the corner I can quite easily get 30 - 45 % no problem

I trade long 30 % mid screen combos with safe but consistent 2 - 4 hit short corner carry combos

anyone else in a similar situaiton to me or are you all hitting his EX overhead punch midscreen combos every chance you get?
I get that alot but online is hard so its better to do run f3 dash punch or just dash punch then drop everything

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads

Offline, I am getting his combos pretty consistently, but online, just run cancel, f3, bf2

Just doing some testing it takes about 17 gotcha grabs or 17 ground pounds to build bar meter just little testing may not be universal on all moves.Just looking see building meters options.:):):):)

Shake

Noob
What do you guys like about wrestler over other variations? Cdjr and the multiple jax players in the new york area all seem to be playing the wrestler variation but I don't really understand why. His command grab does 2% more damage than a normal throw and seems to have the same frame data. I get that you want a safer gotcha grab but you get that in heavy weapons too and it seems like heavy weapons specials are more impactful than the slightly better throw you get from wrestler?

I'm not an experienced player so I'm just trying to understand why people are playing what they're playing so I can make a better choice myself.
I also don't really understand why people think the safe gotcha grab is so good? It's a high so its not even a mixup? Whats the point of just throwing out a safe gotcha grab instead of trying to mix your opponent up with an overhead or low or just using a neutral string like f212 and getting an opportunity to land a full combo and corner your opponent if it lands. Like why would you throw out a gotcha grab when you could throw out a f212 and potentially get 45%+ damage and corner your opponent? Both moves aren't mixups but f212 is neutral on block?

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
A safe gotcha grab is good because it allows you to make unsafe strings safe by canceling into it at the end.

As far as people picking wrestler, I don't know. Despite Super Gotcha doing much more consistent damage and being a lot easier to complete successfully they seem to favor wrestler. Maybe they like the fear that the unblockable command grab puts into people, or the the grab string, or j2 into air grab? I don't really know. Maybe they like the normal ground pound better?

Beats me dude.

is there any difference from the gotcha grab in wrestler and heavy weapons in terms of damage?

for me heavy weapons is superior, they both have exactly the same kit apart from weapons can zone better

if they change the command grab to do flat 18 - 20% i'd swap to wrestler in a heart beat...quad slam is so weak I don't feel like I'm missing anything