What's new

General/Other - Jax Jax General Discussion

is there any difference from the gotcha grab in wrestler and heavy weapons in terms of damage?

for me heavy weapons is superior, they both have exactly the same kit apart from weapons can zone better

if they change the command grab to do flat 18 - 20% i'd swap to wrestler in a heart beat...quad slam is so weak I don't feel like I'm missing anything
I used to play exclusively Pumped Up - have been hooked on Wrestler for a while now.

I'm obviously not a pro, but as some people stated the safe cancel in to Gotcha! is nice. A lot also depends on play style -- I prefer more of a rush down then zoning, as well as the utility of the Wrestler variation. Air grab is nice, I don't use it often -- but it's one of those abilities I don't think you do use often, it's more of a reminder to your opponent that it is available when you do land it.

Jax corner pressure is already pretty nuts -- a nice twist I like is just an empty corner neutral jump, scare them in to blocking -- free 18% damage on a throw and still in the corner. The Quad Slam can also be option selected in to.

Shake

Noob
Any match footage of jax wrestler of some good players?
Theres a lot on cdjr's channel on twitch. Twitch.tv/cdjr02

Can you cancel strings into the wrestler command grab? I guess that would be decent but couldnt your opponent just low poke and never get hit by either move? Gotcha grab hits high so he would duck it and command grab is 10 frames so you could get a low poke in right? Maybe I'm retarded...

I still am leaning heavy weapons right now. I don't feel like the command grab is better than law rocket/machine gun. It's nice that his default projectile is +7 but it hits high and I feel like when people get better against jax they will just duck it every time. Law rocket hits mid + you can anti air with it which is kinda meh since jax's uppercut is so nuts but I dunno, still worth having. The machine gun seems like it could be good against armored wakeups? Does the second hit go off fast enough for it to stuff wake ups?

Voodoo

Smack it up, flip it and rub it down.
Theres a lot on cdjr's channel on twitch. Twitch.tv/cdjr02

Can you cancel strings into the wrestler command grab? I guess that would be decent but couldnt your opponent just low poke and never get hit by either move? Gotcha grab hits high so he would duck it and command grab is 10 frames so you could get a low poke in right? Maybe I'm retarded...

I still am leaning heavy weapons right now. I don't feel like the command grab is better than law rocket/machine gun. It's nice that his default projectile is +7 but it hits high and I feel like when people get better against jax they will just duck it every time. Law rocket hits mid + you can anti air with it which is kinda meh since jax's uppercut is so nuts but I dunno, still worth having. The machine gun seems like it could be good against armored wakeups? Does the second hit go off fast enough for it to stuff wake ups?
If they duck you do ex overhead dash punch for 30 something percent and a corner carry.

Any strats for Jax vs the Scorp variations with the minions? Really feeling like this MU is just an onslaught of making HARD reads with Jax that put me in vortex city if I guess wrong, and the overall feeling that I have no way to possibly control the game against him.

BookBurning

Voidwards
Any strats for Jax vs the Scorp variations with the minions? Really feeling like this MU is just an onslaught of making HARD reads with Jax that put me in vortex city if I guess wrong, and the overall feeling that I have no way to possibly control the game against him.
I really wanted to answer this but honestly I feel like Scorpion is just a giant vortex at this point that is sucking in entire continents.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Is jax 123 (the low) string able to be cancelled from? I swear I have seen people do it, I am on PC wondering if it was patched in console version.

SixShooter

Is my favourite a Kameo?
Is jax 123 (the low) string able to be cancelled from? I swear I have seen people do it, I am on PC wondering if it was patched in console version.
Yeah, it can be cancelled in the latest version which consoles have atm. Us, PC users have to wait up until Sunday I think (I hope) to get the latest patch.. Sux big time.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
So how is Jax in this game as a whole character? I dont see any Jax at all online. Ive only played 3 in the kast week of me owning this game

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
So how is Jax in this game as a whole character? I dont see any Jax at all online. Ive only played 3 in the kast week of me owning this game
Jax is very solid in all his variations his mid screen bnb is tough specially on females but other then that he is just straight great all around.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Jax is very solid in all his variations his mid screen bnb is tough specially on females but other then that he is just straight great all around.
Man tell me about it. Ive been trying the combos for like 15 mins. I can barely be consistent in practice, dare i say online.
I need a secondary. He seems legit but i cant do the midscreen ex overhead punch run into f21. Is there a good trick?

Yeah, it can be cancelled in the latest version which consoles have atm. Us, PC users have to wait up until Sunday I think (I hope) to get the latest patch.. Sux big time.
My PC brethren. So, the low will be cancelable? As of right now, just the 2 can be cancelled right?

Man tell me about it. Ive been trying the combos for like 15 mins. I can barely be consistent in practice, dare i say online.
I need a secondary. He seems legit but i cant do the midscreen ex overhead punch run into f21. Is there a good trick?
I was having some pretty big issues with it as well. I still have issues going from the f2,1 ~ 1,1 ~f2,1 (I usually cancel after the first F2,1).
However, with the run cancel -- I slowed my inputs down a bit and was more methodical with it. After the D of the EX Dash -- tap F,F (dash) and hold block. Don't try any other moves -- just work on the run cancel part -- simplify it.

mighty_honour_korea

HYO-OO *nut punch*
Which part of the combo are you having trouble executing?