What's new

General/Other - Jax Jax General Discussion

So I take it back....Jax gets MONSTER damage midscreen super easy...can get it 10 out of 10 tries...the run cancel vs female its almost imposible....did it again male characters and always works....45% midscreen one bar....oh also very hard against erron black...I would say jax gets monster damage midscreen easy against 75% of the cast of f2,1

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I had a list of characters I wanted to play but I just can't put Jax down to try them out.

Feels like he was made for me, hot damn.

Nothing feels better than feeding fools rib dinners online with that fatality #2.

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads
I had a list of characters I wanted to play but I just can't put Jax down to try them out.

Nothing feels better than feeding fools rib dinners online with that fatality #2.
can you give your general gameplan and meta when using jax? i feel like midscreen im just poking and pressuring until i get to the corner.
I mainly do f21 db2, then d4 overhead dash punch. and i play pumped up, so im either pounding them in the corner, zoning with ground pounds, db2, or bf4, and then just pressuring them mid screen.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
^ Well, that's about it. Poke, pressure, mix-up and pound them into the corner.

Once they're in the corner they're your bitch.

Alternatively, Heavy Weapons can zone really well from full screen.

Once I get a knockdown I go for b3,d2 if they're prone to crouching. If they aren't, the first part(b3) is a fast low that I just cancel into Super Gotcha.

Also, after the f212,d2+4 string you're at the perfect distance for a reasonably safe 50/50 b4(sweep) or a lightly charged b2(overhead), both knockdown close so you get another chance to mix-up your opponent. If you're feeling ballsy you can go for a fully charged b2 for a pop-up.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
when i try it mid screen they just fall really easy but if i do it in the corner no moatter what i do i can't seem to get the uppercut adn not even sure what 4 looks like

i really could use a video like this

im so new to fighters and im learning them with a fightstick so its even harder for me. i just can't seem to get mk down. i was bad at killer instinct buy im 100 times worse on this after watching vaspers arcade 40 min tutorial and breaking down some scorpion i did my first 20 hit combo and after watching this sub zerio i can use him better then i can jax who i played 20 hours straight no sleep reading these threads watching the vidos not being able to do anything i see
There's no uppercut -- you're hitting down, 2, and 4 all at the same time right after f212

"+" means to hit together.

My HUGE comeback! lol
Good comeback!
After watching your dropped b3, 4 combo in the corner I find myself dropping the dash punch a lot as well.

I think my problem is I want to hit down to get the overhead punch, but I hit down before immediately after I do the dash punch input so I think that stops my dash punch from coming out at all. The downside with putting a pause in for me is I'll get the straight dash occasionally as well. Just a timing thing I'm sure. Back to the lab!

Same here.

I wanted to use Erron Black and maybe one ore two more as my possible secondary -- but can't put Jax down. I've been using Pumped Up almost exclusively. I need to give the other variations a try.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I'd say only use Heavy Weapons if you want more ranged and zoning options, but if you're good at catching people with command grabs for good unblockable damage then Wrestler is pretty neat.

It's not as easy to use as Pumped Up solely because you can only maximize damage if you can time the command grab follow-up commands right, which are a bit strict IMO.

I'd say only use Heavy Weapons if you want more ranged and zoning options, but if you're good at catching people with command grabs for good unblockable damage then Wrestler is pretty neat.

It's not as easy to use as Pumped Up solely because you can only maximize damage if you can time the command grab follow-up commands right, which are a bit strict IMO.
That's my only issue with Wrestler is grab follow up (I think it has 5 for the EX) and the d, b, f (2 I think) -- I have issues with that motion on any character. Is it easier to roll the d, b then hit f? Or just do them as 3 individual quick inputs?

I must say the air throw is godly. Will that throw people out of their buttons as well? I know it's unblockable.

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
I think Jaxs F3/4 1+3 might be unblockable? In Wrestler. I'm in a match right now but I think the F3 is a low grab and F4 is a high? Well not unblockable but it reminds me of Shazams throws
EDIT: Nvm

Last edited:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
The fact that you can charge his projectile is still so awesome to me.

You basically get to say "fuck you!" to delayed wake ups and keep your ranged pressure against characters with no teleports.

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
It seems that if they try to jump out after they block f3/4 the grab will catch them
Edit: I swear I'm missing something. If I whiff the f3/4 they sometimes they get hit by it, im so confused

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
i'd ave to see it because i thought down 2 was a upper cut
You're not pressing down+2 -- you're pressing down+2+4 all at the same time (1 direction and 2 buttons), as part of the string immediately after f212 (not delayed by itself).

But yeah, I'd definitely recommend playing another character until you get the hang of the game. Jax doesn't sound like a good fit for you right now.

It seems that if they try to jump out after they block f3/4 the grab will catch them
Edit: I swear I'm missing something. If I whiff the f3/4 they sometimes they get hit by it, im so confused
Do you use his other grab consistently? The d,b,f move? Is that unblockable?